FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 68

Holy shit that was a great way to end my 7 years of waiting. It's just hard to believe it's over.

Also all those viewer comment quotes after the credits was genius lol.

"Well done everyone! The war is over. We must remember all who had the courage to step up against the combine. Many good men have died by their hands, but one final push on their forces liberated our planet. With all of our efforts to rid earth of the combine, we have succeeded. But without one man, we could never have broken their hold. The Free Man did what no one else could have done, he gave us hope. Humanity is now stronger than ever. We now have the resources and the manpower to fight the combine should the need arise. But we couldn't have started it all without him. He inspired all of us, to be free once again. He shall never be forgotten."

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

Happy new year!

Now go get some rest Ross.

And I'll probably finish subtitle the translations sometime this year :D

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

So ends an era. Thanks for seven long years of memories and one hell journey. I was watching you before Freeman's Mind and I imagine I will be watching you long after but first things first man. Get so rest as to quote G-Man "No one is more deserving of a rest." See you in 2015 and have a great New Year!

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. -- Carl Sagan

That was simply brilliant- enjoy end of 2014 and happy new year for later!

post credits scene was simply great- did NOT see that coming.

But i take that means season 2 confirmed or maybe confirmed?

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I just finished it. That was glorious. Especially the "behind the scenes" stuff and the comments. Some of those I distinctly remember. I love one burn in particular:

"ATTENTION, VIEWERS! I come from the year 2015 and this series is still gong

-Intelus"

Whatever happens to Freeman's Mind, this is a wonderful way to go out regardless. I can only assume the first thing you're doing after this is sleeping?

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

It's kinda ironic that the busiest I've seen this forum in a long time is when the series ends.

Edit: well maybe not ironic. Unfortunate? I just hope that the activity stays picked up. Can't wait to see what's coming though.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's kinda ironic that the busiest I've seen this forum in a long time is when the series ends.

Edit: well maybe not ironic. Unfortunate? I just hope that the activity stays picked up. Can't wait to see what's coming though.

I've been stalking the forums for a while, and watching the series for years, but the impending withdrawal I knew I'd be going through was no longer something I was willing to experience alone, without being able to openly grieve at people. :D

Anyway. I'm excited for Ross. He deserves to experiment with other videos, and other projects. He sure as hell has earned it.

That said, goddamn was his writing for Freeman's Mind top notch.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sad to see FM finish but it had to come to an end eventually. Scott get some rest, hell... take some vacation too we won't mind a small hiatus on your videos you deserve it after all this FM frenzy.

So, here's the thing.

I've only known about Freeman's Mind for the past two years, and it saddens me that I couldn't have been there since the start, like so many others had. I am in a similar situation with Red vs. Blue and Rooster Teeth.

That being said, I am crying right now. The completion of the long journey, reading everyone's sentimental stories about how they were in middle school or high school when Freeman's Mind started, and are now out of college, some even married with children, able to see the series end.

I am not nearly as closely tied to this series as others, but goddammit, I am crying. I understand that you simply viewed it as one more project to complete, and are, at this point, seemingly not going to continue on with Half-Life 2. There's so many things you want to do, and oh my god, you had better do them, man! Never stop! On one hand, Freeman's Mind was able to raise so much money for you, and even created a devoted fanbase. It also kept the spirit of Half-Life alive, within many of us, for a long time.

But on the other hand, you're done. That's it. Time to move on, right? Right. You have many more ideas and goals, that we really can't wait to find out about in January, and I'm sure many of us will stick around to find out what you make next.

Hell, I made an account just to say something, and I'm definitely going to stick around. I might only be spying on your front page and YouTube channel, seeing as how the forums aren't as active as they could be, but cross my heart if I don't keep following you and your work.

You're an inspiration, Ross. An admirable man. You were the one to start a certain era of machinima, and you were the one to end it.

I wish I had more to say, but really, this is it. Just... Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I, and the others, appreciate it dearly.

My only concern now, other than *cough*HL2 and HL3 is regarding your store. I really hope it's back up and running some time, I would gladly throw my money at you.

("Is this Bioshock?" "He's playing Half-Life 2." "The game he's playing is SHUT THE FUCK UP." - Absolutely hilarious, albeit unfortunate.)

I must say... This seven years of Freeman Mind was the best thing, that happen to me. I never laugh so hard, when I watch your movies... It's sad, that this could end, but I hope in this awesome day (I mean last day of 2014), will give you strenght to do next season of Freeman Mind (I don't know... Freeman Mind 2? - In Half Life 2 of course)... Happy New Year Mr. Ross Scott.

With best wishes from a fan of the Poland

Paweł "Coffey" Walkiewicz :)

I don't really comment much but i've been watching since around ep10.5 (the death episode) Glad to see FM complete and happy you made it through alive. Hopefully once you've had time to recover we can get some more CP and GD : )

Awww, this was great ending to a long long journey. But now I'm sad it ended at all.

Although since Freeman accepted the job offer (making it canon rather than the alternative ending), there is a tiny tiny hope we'll get more in the far future.

Ah well, even if not, Game Dungeon is fun and there'll probably newer projects too.

Yet Freeman's Mind was the reason I always came back here...

Anyway, cheers!

Thanks for years of chuckling!

I never expected to see Freeman's Mind end in my life time. It's been a looooong time.

Way to go, Ross. Sad to see it go, but I look forward to the future with whatever you have planned.

"What game is this?"

"What game r u playing?"

"LOL, is this game on the Xbox 360?"

Those comments man. Those comments.

Happy New Year, Ross!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Thanks for all the episodes Ross! Have a happy New Year and get some rest :) Looking forward to whatever's coming next.

And I think it has to be said, you've definitely ended on a strong note, great episode to finish with.