FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 68

Well its been 7 some odd good years. Can't say I won't miss the old HL1 Freeman's Mind series.

Thanks for your time, dedication and just putting up with all the bullcrap. Congrats Ross.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss looking forward to Freeman's Mind episodes from now on, but I'm hooked on Game Dungeon now, so I guess I'll never be completely free from checking back here for new content.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Think this is the first time I've posted here, but like a few others I've been a lurker for a while now. Just wanted to say that the finale was great, loved the alternate ending with G-Invasion. Thanks for seeing this thing through to the end, especially with all the bugs Source still has (I knew Demo recording could be a pain sometimes, but I didn't realize it was that much of one with HL:S.)

You're definitely my favorite content creator right now, I don't think I've seen any of your stuff that I haven't enjoyed. Looking forward to the update video next month! Now go get some rest, you've earned it.

Hey Ross. I've just signed up to offer my thanks. I found out about this series around the "dark days" when M*******a were causing the problems. I've always been a lurker on this site and I've watched every video you've put out, Freeman's Mind or otherwise. I love your work and while it's a shame that FM is now over, I still look forward to anything you release. I really hope the fan base doesn't dwindle now that FM is over because you have so much potential and I'm really pumped for the future, be it FM2, Game Dungeons, the movie, Civil Protection, whatever. In your immediate future I think it's fair to say you've earnt yourself a well-deserved rest!

This has been my favourite YouTube series to watch and you're my favourite content creator. Thanks for everything so far Ross, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Ugh, where's that 10 hour Sad Violin video? I think I need it right about now.

Thank you for this, Ross, and I look forward to your other projects in the future!

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

My only complaint was having all of those comments along with the video. Other than that, it was a great finale, episode, and series as a whole.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Some guy on 8chan pointed this out.

"Why does anything Half-Life related take so damn long to be released or published? Is the Half-Life trademark cursed with sloth?"

He who fights drummers

I thought that Nihilanth had some lines in the game, I mean there are quotes from him/she/it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=42&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "Alone, not you, alone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=221&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "The truth, you can never know the truth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=353&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "Now die"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=520&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "Decieve you, he will decieve you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=556&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "You are man, he is not man. For you, he waits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=588&v=Ex-Da3NC83o "Thieves, you all are thieves"

Ross, you've mentioned several times in interviews that the format of Freeman's Mind is a limiting factor. Well, you made the series extremely interesting and varied. You did a fine job with the tools you had.

I hope you get plenty of rest.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite site on the extranet.

I was in middle school when i first started watching this. I'm in college now. This has been a super good part of my life, and a life line. Each day was pretty hard on me, and I didn't really enjoy most passing weeks, but some how Freeman's mind made me live month to month. I'm doing better now though, and i'd like to think it's because of you, Ross.

Off Topic: You're over 100K subs, doesn't youtube give you a silver trophy for reaching that amount?

Alright... I'm flooding with feelings now that words alone cannot accommodate. So I will illustrated this with gifs.. lots of gifs. It will probably be a bit heavy to load them all for some people. For that, I'm sorry, but this has to be done.

gifs put in spoilers for low-res or slow PCs/phones by Luis:

So, I woke up in this fine morning, opened YouTube and what I see in the front page.. it was glorious.. It was finally there.

gif_it_somagestic.gif

Followed immediately by:

agyP5Nn_460sa_v1.gif

Next came a collection of feelings that only could be described as pure bliss.

gif_ECSTASY_NO_BEXIG_O.gif

gif_cabereaction.gif

gif_dance.gif

aOyqKYr_460sa_v1.gif

But by the end, an incredible feeling of loss took hold of my soul.. I knew there, it was over.

6e504860141682398166564286_700wa_0.gif

It was in vain..

gif_sad.gif

gif_crying.gif

gif_trynot.gif

gif_FERIAS.gif

The denial came strong in me

SophisticatedWarpedIndianelephant.gif

But them I remembered how good it was.. the amazing journey this was. And all those great moments

gif_baby.gif

gif_humm.gif

gif_icecream.gif

gif_Toca_aqui_brother.gif

...Goodbye, Freeman. The longest relationship I ever had.. Thanks.

gif_beargoodby.gif

And for all that, all I can say is: Congratulations and thank you, Ross. The greatest Mind of all.

gif_palmas6.gif

gif_palmas4.gif

gif_bravo_bravo.gif

gif_fantastic.gif

You've done it, Ross. Your Magnum Opus is complete. It's time now to rejoice.

gif_chuck_norris.gif

aPvNr3Q_460sa_v1.gif

aGVzYj5_460sa_v1.gif

aKzbOMQ_460sa_v1.gif

Now, the last one, I promise: What will come next?

a1ZRB62_460sa_v1.gif

Very nice! Now we need the video files uploaded to the site...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Holy cow, it's finally over! What an amazing ride this has been, you did a superb job on this series and I'm glad you now get to relax for a while.

Congratulations! Have some well deserved rest and enjoy the weight off your shoulders. To the future!