FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 68

Jesus, those comments at the end are as frustrating as they are hilarious. I seriously need to punch something right now. Specifically the faces of the people who made those comments.

Personal favorites:

"what game is this, bioshock"

"why are the graphics so bad, is this a psp game?"

"its not the actual half life game its kinda like a half life g-mod... i forget the name"

"is this half life 1 or 2"

"dude why would you think its hl1 if it doesnt say that anywhere its called freemans mind"

"this is counter strike 1.6 story mode i just down-loaded it =)"

Ross, I want to congratulate you and thank you for creating an EXCELLENT piece of work. It took a while but you stuck with it and we all appreciate your perseverance despite technical difficulties, trolls and others who shall be politely referred to as 'negative influences'.

It is really a great series and I am looking forward to what is next.

Thank You very much Ross!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Welp, it's time to write.

Mr. Scott, you have done an outstanding job over the past several years keeping me entertained. To see a series that has been around for over a third of my life finally come to a close, well, it certainly evokes some nostalgia. Above all, I have to say I appreciate the fact that no matter how long it took between releasing episodes and how much shit you had to deal with over the course of the series (for christ's sake you moved to friggin POLAND) you never ever abandoned your fantastic commitment to releasing the highest quality content possible. I've been inspired by your dedication time and time again and have found myself holding my own creations to the same standard of excellence. I also want to thank you for this community you created, without which, well I don't know where I'd be right now. While I don't involve myself in this forum the way I used to, I certainly don't deny that it very well may have saved my life on more than one occasion.

All in all, I'm extremely grateful to you for your service of entertainment and hilarity over these years. You've put a smile on my face more times than I could count and I appreciate every single one of them. Thanks, Ross!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

11:28

"What, you're CIA?"

uxyhXYU.png

"Dr. Freeman, I'm CIA."

"If I pull that suit off, will you die?"

"It would be extremely painful"

Fantastic job on this whole series Ross! You've done such tremendous work over these past years, and its been an absolute pleasure to watch all of it. Thank you, and I look forward to more Game Dungeon and anything else you come up with!

Jesus, those comments at the end are as frustrating as they are hilarious. I seriously need to punch something right now. Specifically the faces of the people who made those comments.

Personal favorites:

"what game is this, bioshock"

"why are the graphics so bad, is this a psp game?"

"its not the actual half life game its kinda like a half life g-mod... i forget the name"

"is this half life 1 or 2"

"dude why would you think its hl1 if it doesnt say that anywhere its called freemans mind"

"this is counter strike 1.6 story mode i just down-loaded it =)"

Seriously, my dilemma; do I watch the technical prowess of Ross hating recording Half-Life: Source OR do I read the comments?

Also, "is this an animations that you have made"

Made an account just to say thanks, I really enjoyed this series. I remember watching the beginning episodes when you were still with Machinima. It's been a long time coming, but I'm glad to see it finally finished.

I hope you take a nice break and do some projects you enjoy next year. I've really liked the Dungeon series, so hopefully you plan to do some more of those.

Best of luck.

11:28

"What, you're CIA?"

uxyhXYU.png

"Dr. Freeman, I'm CIA."

"If I pull that suit off, will you die?"

"FIRST ONE TO STEP INTO THE PORTAL GETS TO STAY ON MY AIRCRAFT"

He who fights drummers

I remember I started watching when Episode 6 came out and I have awaited new episodes since. I was 13 at the time and my 20th birthday was yesterday. Great timing. Thank you Ross for making such a great series.

Congratulations on finally finishing this project, Ross! I'm glad to have been able to see it reach a conclusion.

Looking forward to your future videos!

Seriously, my dilemma; do I watch the technical prowess of Ross hating recording Half-Life: Source OR do I read the comments?

Also, "is this an animations that you have made"

Do what I did, video first, then go through and read the comments, pausing every few moments to catch up on reading. :3

Man, I'm kinda surprised how easily the Nihilinth went down. But then, I guess you have less to worry about when not dealing with losing health. Also, kinda a shame that the Gman doesn't give much time to talk between responses. Assuming that he's CIA is kinda a weird leap. Last I knew, the CIA didn't have the ability to teleport to some crazy border world...

Oh well, still a ton of fun. I think I speak for most folks here to say that a long hiatus from the whole FM thing is more than warranted. Of course, I also think I speak for most when I certainly hope to see it come back one day. :P

Also, should we be right to assume that the G-Mania ending is the cannon one?

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Oh god, I forgot to talk about that freaking G-man scene. I was crying when the gonarch G-man started screaming. I'm guessing that was a mod or something or did you do all the model work and level layout yourself?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I think it's GMan Invasion mod. It was mentioned in the credits.

For anyone who wants more of a comment fix, here's a few from my file that (unless I somehow missed it) didn't make it in:

retardeddummy - 5 years ago

the music scared me so bad i shit my self in 8 different languages

Vennificus 4 - years ago

Hello ladies, look at your quarks, now back to me now back at your quarks, Sadly, they aren't arranged to be me. But if they stopped submitting to the uncertainty principle they could seem like me. Look Down, now back up, Where are you, You're in the large hadron collider with the man your quarks could imitate. What's that in your hand? I have it! It's the Higg's boson! Look Again, the Boson is now a wormhole. Anything's possible when your Quarks are arranged to be Gordon freeman. I'm on a Rail.

LegendofZeldaROCKS15 - 4 years ago

Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.Headcrab, apply directly to the forehead.

Harrison Hannah - 2 years ago

ross i would lock you in a tomb FOR CHEATING

Joey Randazzo - 4 years ago in reply to shellbellmel

@shellbellmel This would make an awesome multi-billion Five-Star BoxOffice Hit Trilogy made under every single movie director and editor voiced completely by Ross Scott. Every movie after and before that wouldn't even be considered as a film in comparison. It would be nice.

ImperatorPenguinius - 1 year ago

Yes. I wrote a few physics problems in underwater sand and then proceeded to solve said problems. I proved string theory with that. TAKE THAT, FREEMAN!

Sui Suington - 7 months ago

I own a grappling hook and it's exactly as useful as you'd hope.

Anyways I can't remember when I started watching Freeman's Mind. It's been a great time though. I'm gonna miss it.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Well, it is was still 2014 when this went up so this counts as finishing before the end of the year. Good job and that post-credits scene was easily the best of the series. I look forward to seeing what happens now (Hopefully Freeman's Mind 2!)

And happy new year for everyone still stuck in 2014!

Oh god, I forgot to talk about that freaking G-man scene. I was crying when the gonarch G-man started screaming. I'm guessing that was a mod or something or did you do all the model work and level layout yourself?

I thought that was just a texture swap.

Oh my God. This is kind of big. I've been following Freeman's Mind since Episode 10 or something like that but I've never had anything smart enough to say in comments or important enough to register in forum, but this... Well... This is it, yeah? I just wanted to say: "thank you, Ross". Thank you for all you've done for us. For all these awesome videos that helped me to live through some bad times. When shit hitted the fan the thought of "welp, there will be more Freeman's Mind, so it's worth it anyway" helped me a lot. And now it's over. I'm kinda happy and I'm kinda sad at the same time. It's a conclusion after all this years, so this is great, but... What the hell am I gonna be waiting for now?

Thank you, man. Really. You did a great series. I never ever regreted watching any episode. They all were great. From Russia with love. And sorry for my crappy english btw.

Man, I'd love to see Freeman's story continue on through to the Episodes, but it seems like Ross has every reason in the world to just end it here. The fear of being typecasted. Making machinima in Source being a nightmare reminiscent of Purgatory. The restrictions on comedy the format creates. Just not wanting another project taking a decade to finish.