FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 68

The only thing I wish he would have done differently was figured out how to jump with the Tau Cannon.

The best 1/3 of my life is over. Time to end it all.

Been following the series since episode 9, my first year of middle school. Now I'm in my second year of college. All I can say is that this has the same emotional value as the last scene of The Lord of The Rings.

And I'm quite ready for another adventure.

after all that.....7 years and 67 episodes it came down to this 1...........this was a great ending to it Ross......hopefully you will continue into HL2 and make that a whole lot crazier than this series was....I love the series and will always.................FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Hey, I started watching pretty late, about a year and a half ago or so, but I loved it and wanted to say that you're a pretty cool guy. You've created something great. I'd love to see HL2 Freeman's Mind, but I can imagine being burned out a lot after this. So I'd just like you to keep making machinima-like videos, whatever they are, cause you're a funny man.

Hey Ross,

Congrats on finishing this behemoth of a project, as well as getting some well deserved sleep. My friend first showed me FM when you were on Episode 17-18, and I've been keeping up ever since. Its been a hilarious ride and I thank you for every minute of it, as well as the countless hours you've given to make it happen. Whether or not you dive back into Freeman's Mind in the future, I'll still look forward to whatever you decide to work on next.

Not sure if this warrants a separate thread, but I had a free hour before some New Years obligations, so I did a quick FM sketch. I'd love to improve it a lot more if I find a time window.

FM.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Only five words come to mind: good job and good riddance!

Now get drunk if you haven't already >D

Looking forward to 2015. Happy New Year.

You know... Somehow, I kind of can't believe it's over. I started watching around... Episode 25 or 26? Something like that. What year was that?

Anyway, I've been following Freeman's Mind closely all this time. Every episode on my phone, and I watch them when I'm lying in bed or eating my meals. Freeman's Mind has so many funny, quotable lines, and I can't play any of the games anymore without imagining what Ross' Freeman would say in a given situation, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I am kind of saddened that the series is done though, in a way. It was a great ride but now that the series is over, I have to wonder if we'll ever see more of Freeman's antics. I have to admit that personally I would love to see you go onto Half Life 2, but I also understand the potential difficulties of that.

For one thing the level design is a lot more... sane, I suppose. It'd be a lot harder to take shots at the environment that haven't already been done (Concerned comes to mind). That would probably hurt the material you could come up with, unless you know something I don't. Then there's the fact that Black Mesa was truly a 'right man in the wrong place' situation, so you were able to take someone with Freeman's personality and play it completely straight in a convincing way. HL2 on the other hand absolutely puts Freeman in the role of a hero leading the revolution. Considering how you've portrayed Freeman so far, I'm actually at a loss as to how you would either stay true to his roots, or somehow bring him around to actually caring about the revolution.

So... I guess what it boils down to is thank you for making this series. It's one of the greatest things I've watched, video game related, machinima-based, or otherwise. Whether you go onto HL2 or not, I just want to say that I appreciate your persistence in finishing this series. At first glance it looks like something really simple and easy to do, but when you watch the many spinoffs and notice how they simply aren't as good as the original, and then the occasional insights you give us in the production process, and you see that making these videos is anything but. You have the patience of a saint, and I'd be willing to bet that most people had no idea how much of a pain in the ass these videos were until you made your finale. I think most of us here on the forum knew that you went the extra mile, but I didn't know it was THAT bad. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were so sick of Freeman's Mind that you never wanted to touch it again.

Either way, whatever you go on to do, I just wanna say this has been a great ride, and I'll be watching your videos no matter what they're about. KBO, Ross.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Alright Ross, you fulfilled your end of the bargain so I guess I will fulfill mine. . .

I'll administer the antidote while you sleep.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

I've lurked around here for ages, but I had to finally comment to say thanks for an amazing, hilarious journey! I can't wait to find out what's next. :)

Man. What an ending.

Can't really believe it's over. 7 years? I'm trying not to repeat my older post on Episode 67 but like man. I'm very happy and proud of you Ross. I've had a fair share of works I've tried to do over the years with most ending in abandonment or lack of interest. Seeing you just power drive through it--especially with the Machinima stuff--is really inspiring to see.

I also loved how Freeman handled Nihilanth. He wasn't screaming like a baby the entire time but instead he actually held a lot of confidence and competence in the battle, which is a great deal for one man to handle xD

But seriously, bravo. I cannot wait for your future Game Dungeons and other works. You're possibly my favorite internet creator out there. Happy 2015 Ross, can't wait to see what you have in store! :D

*insert generic doctor who gif here*

In all seriousness,

This may sound selfish, but at the same time.. I dunno how to describe it yet, I want there to be another seven years. I just realized how much of my life was focused around Freeman's Mind, hell, Freeman's mind came to me at a.. well, lets just say I may of been a bit too young. I remember being 9 years old, it was the 22nd of September, 2009, and I remember waking up to the 2009 Australian dust storm, what was the first thing I did?

Watch Freeman's Mind, and since then, it's interfaced with not only who I am, but my opinions on companies like Machinima. I also want to thank you, for giving me a purpose, now just wait a second it's not what you're expecting. Around the time I started watching I had.. well, I had no skills, I was terrible at everything in school. Then, somehow, your series connected to me, you helped create the first rendition of my writing and humor style, and where am I now? Well, I still suck at everything, and I will never get anywhere in maths or science. But my Writing skill is the one thing I can brag about, all thanks to you.

Ok, so writing things at 4 AM turns my thoughts into mush... I just want you to take this simple thing from this deluded post: By creating this series you have not only influenced myself mentally, (You were lucky! You got in at the point where the brain is the most vulnerable!), but you have no doubt influenced many others around the world in ways that you may never see. So, congrats, not just for finishing the series, but for immortalizing the legend of Gordon Freeman, Captain of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes.

PS. Judging by the comments at the end, I think you might have created something that actually ended up reaching more people than the original Half-Life.

ADHD Version: You're the reason I am me. Now make Freeman's Mind 2 so I can ste- err.. get more inspiration.

Thank you Ross.

I've been watching Freeman's Mind since the very beginning. It put a smile on my face when I needed it and it made several of my days... 71 to be precise.

I sincerely thank you for your commitment to finish the series and wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors.

Best wishes,

Diamante Pasotti

You know i am actually sad that FM is ending i remember seeing the first episode up on machinima, it was a nice way to escape reality by ross screaming in your ear but all in all i was sixteen when the first episode came out i was skeptical at first but now i watched it religiously.

remember ross we will support you either way.

long time viewer,

BlackSparrow

I do hope we see a Freeman's Mind 2 someday, but no-one is more deserving of a rest than you. :) Happy trails, and what a great final episode!

Hey guys,If anyone is interested, I'm going to merge all the FM episodes in one video that will be uploaded this friday.

I'll make a new thread when it's done.

Well, it is finished, and that was one heck of a battle there. I liked how Ross even showed some "behind the scenes" on how he records the footages and the bugs he encountered throughout recording. And the alternate ending. i don't know about you guys, but the ending somehow reminds of the Gman Squad. Anyone remember that?

Welp, now what?

Over the years I actually have had a lot of ideas for how Freeman's Mind 2 could be, particularly for the first episode. I'd like to share two of them. One would be the theme song. It's a new game, so I think we should have a new theme song. After a lot of thinking, I decided this song would be perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DNVMxMwwqY

The beeps at the start could be used for the title.

Secondly, the intro. I think it could start with the camera flying into Dr. Breen's beard as he talks on the monitor. That would be hilarious.

He who fights drummers