Recording glitches.

Sign in to follow this  

So having seen a fraction of the crazy glitches Ross had to put up with (honestly, I would have given up after one episode), I really have just one question. Is that just HL1 in Source, or is HL2 just as glitchy? Or worse? Tell me it's not worse. :|

As far as I recall, Half-Life: Source uses a different version of Source than HL2, so I'd be surprised if they were all the same. However, I have seen a few of the glitches when recording my own HL2 demos, namely the camera twitching/stuttering one.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

There's probably SOME way to overcome the video twitches (Camera Stabilization, etc.)

[align=center]I love Kate Upton. (and my girlfriend)[/align]

The glitches, from my experience, have something to do with it writing to the HDD... Not sure if an SSD would correct the issue, but it would make sense if that truly is what's causing the glitches.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The glitches, from my experience, have something to do with it writing to the HDD... Not sure if an SSD would correct the issue, but it would make sense if that truly is what's causing the glitches.

I think you are correct, The write speeds of an SSD are far more significant than a HDD.. We can test this if someone wants to buy me an SSD ;)

[align=center]I love Kate Upton. (and my girlfriend)[/align]

I thought the twitching was due to compression of camera positions to save space and some data being lost in the process.

I know Source Recorder does have a demo smoother, but I can't remember if that sort of thing could possibly help with the twitching camera.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I think Source's 'Tower of Duct-tape' structure probably ensures that any version used to record, no matter what game or engine-type, will probably be a bit out of whack. You can never really be sure that anything's going to work properly with Source -- which is probably why Ross plans to abandon it for future projects. If I had to work with something that constantly breaks in different ways with every year that passes, I'd probably be tired of it, too.