Black Mesa Reactions

Sign in to follow this  

While there are people attempting to recreate Freeman's Mind in Black Mesa, there's a large amount of content and dialogue added to it. Similar to the Freeman's Mind 2 Reactions thread, let's write some reactions to some of the extra content in Black Mesa Source.

"Aw man, you cut the ponytail."

"Oh, come on...it looked stupid."

"...Sellout..."

"Sellout?! I'm the only one here without a tie! Besides, you're the one who cut that long ass hair of yours..."

He who fights drummers

Guard: I'm gonna get me one of them jumbo-sized Rutta grape sodas!

Gordon: I can't believe you drink that stuff. Did you ever read the side of the can? There's nothing in it that could possibly be thought of as "grape". Or even "grape flavoring". It's probably something Black Mesa cooked up that had the unexpected side-effect of tasting kind of like grape, but has the side-effect of making all your hair fall out by the time you're 40 or growing an extra limb out of your chest.

Guard: Mm-mm! Whatta Rutta!

I think there would probably be an abundance of dialogue concerning the competitive facial hair scene at Black Mesa, especially among the guards. 'Does my beard intimidate you? It should!'

"What in the fuck is up with all these Chuckle Brothers mugs? Was this just an in-joke that managed to fly over my head? I mean I'd get it if it was Monty Python, or Doctor Who or something. I figured the facility's personnel would be full of THAT kind of nerd, but the mother fuckin Chuckle Brothers? Last time I checked, this was New Mexico!"

I'd imagine the freakout over the "Ingenious" placement of the huge fan activation button would be *much* larger considering it's one of the few remaining batsh*t crazy designs Black Mesa retained.

When Freeman finds his first pizza box he will get really happy, and then go on a hunt for some Doritos and a drink to go with that pizza.

Freeman would be shocked at the end of Questionable Ethics when the scientists actually congratulate him for something.

"It's about damn time I got recognized for my achievements!"

He who fights drummers