Our FAVOURITE Moments

Sign in to follow this  

Well, It's over *Sad-face* and it's time to remember the good times. Let us reminisce of our favorite moments from Freeman's mind. If you can please try to name the episode in which it occurred, So we can go and experience it for ourselves :)

My ABSOLUTE favorite part is when he sings the 'Modern Major-General' song while dodging grenades and bullets.

Episode 45 @ 1:50 :D Enjoy ;)

WHERES MY CHORUS?!?!

[align=center]I love Kate Upton. (and my girlfriend)[/align]

One particular moment that comes to mind for me when I think of what made me laugh the hardest is the very beginning of Episode 60 when he teleports back into the Lambda facility and accidentally shoots one of the three scientists in the head, then proceeds to threaten them all with his 357.

I think the moments where he bullied or outright abused other scientists in the series were probably the funniest to me. Not because I have some kind of sadistic fixation with seeing scared and confused civilians be pushed around by the protagonist; but because they're the points in the series where Freeman's role as a hero become most questionable. As one of the main themes of the series, he's typically portrayed as being neurotic and ego-maniacal; but when he actually threatens or kills allies, like the instances with the security guard or the meat-slicer room in Questionable Ethics, it really capitalizes on how truly amoral Freeman can be when he's pissed off, confused, and scared.

Because that's what the series is -- a crooked kind of guy having probably the worst day of his life, too many guns lying around, and a plethora of co-workers who aren't telling him shit. That's a formula for some grade-A humor.

One particular moment that comes to mind for me when I think of what made me laugh the hardest is the very beginning of Episode 60 when he teleports back into the Lambda facility and accidentally shoots one of the three scientists in the head, then proceeds to threaten them all with his 357.

I think the moments where he bullied or outright abused other scientists in the series were probably the funniest to me. Not because I have some kind of sadistic fixation with seeing scared and confused civilians be pushed around by the protagonist; but because they're the points in the series where Freeman's role as a hero become most questionable. As one of the main themes of the series, he's typically portrayed as being neurotic and ego-maniacal; but when he actually threatens or kills allies, like the instances with the security guard or the meat-slicer room in Questionable Ethics, it really capitalizes on how truly amoral Freeman can be when he's pissed off, confused, and scared.

Because that's what the series is -- a crooked kind of guy having probably the worst day of his life, too many guns lying around, and a plethora of co-workers who aren't telling him shit. That's a formula for some grade-A humor.

Freeman officially became a Villain Protagonist when he started discussing his plans to climb the corporate ladder by kidnapping the manager's wife.

He who fights drummers

That.. was.. amazing.. He didn't even think. Just shot.

That.. was.. amazing.. He didn't even think. Just shot.

He did the same thing in episode 39 right? The "fool me once, shame on you" bit after he shot Barney. I remember falling off the chair, laughing that time.

My favorite part has got to be the moment he saw the rocket launcher in episode 44. The change of voice to a tone of reverence, then later the change of character to a medieval knight is well executed, and funny as hell!

Welp, now what?

My favorite part has got to be the moment he saw the rocket launcher in episode 44. The change of voice to a tone of reverence, then later the change of character to a medieval knight is well executed, and funny as hell!

I'm gonna have to go see that episode again :D Thanks for the share :)

Edit: Found the time stamp ;) Episode 44 - 8:20

The box smashing room, coming up the elevator to the box of explosives, the soldiers in a box, ambassador pineapple, and the debate with himself whether to try the jagged metal hole or electrified water all stand out for me, but every part of the series has its moments to love.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

My absolute favorite moment, and line in the whole series is in Episode 14. After remarking about the elevator going down to the first tram car, he sees a houndeye. He says to the houndeye, "Don't look at me." Those four words sum up all that is great, in my opinion, about Freeman's Mind. Followed closely thereafter by his yelling at the houndeyes ("You're a bunch of Mexican jumping beans!" WRT the physics in the game).

Beep beep beep beep beep...

In one of the recent episodes in Xen where he takes the "Unholy Dumbwaiter" up, he goes: "I DO BELONG ON A PEDESTAL, BUT ONLY METAPHORICALLY GODDAMMIT!!" I got a good chuckle from that line.

Then there's the "you're just being paranoid" from Ep. 28. Hmm, which reminds me, who's up with the idea of a forum game based on that aforementioned bit? It'll be a bit like "ban the person above you", but with a twist

Welp, now what?

Then there's the "you're just being paranoid" from Ep. 28. Hmm, which reminds me, who's up with the idea of a forum game based on that aforementioned bit? It'll be a bit like "ban the person above you", but with a twist

?? Care to explain a bit more?

For example, you're the person above me now right? I'd post something like: "Half-life 3 isn't confirmed, Austin. You're just being paranoid"

EDIT: You can look up some examples on some of the posts on page 11 of Ross's post of episode 68

Welp, now what?

For example, you're the person above me now right? I'd post something like: "Half-life 3 isn't confirmed, Austin. You're just being paranoid"

EDIT: You can look up some examples on some of the posts on page 11 of Ross's post of episode 68

Alright lemme look into it :P

A few favorites: the Modern Major General (is it weird that I know the ReBoot version?), the pirate episode, and pretty much any time a Vort zapped him!

Freeman officially became a Villain Protagonist when he started discussing his plans to climb the corporate ladder by kidnapping the manager's wife.

A loooong time ago, my dad worked for a company where one of his coworkers was fired and had a restraining order placed on him for casually discussing something eerily similar to this. He had serious bipolar paranoid schizophrenia of some kind. :(

The bit where he comes back with the MP5 on the teleport scientists made me laugh.

Can't help but think what a pain in the arse it'd have been if he accidentally shot them, though.

Pirate and 10.5 were good too.

Most of my favourites are the blase ones, like when he sees a corpse dragged into the ceiling.

Yea that's right, blase. No i don't know which letter has the accent on.

Blásé.

No i don't know which letter has the accent on.

Blásé.

Just the é. Blasé.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Any time when Freeman encounters a scientist, or when he met that crazy Security guard in the Lambda complex.

Was even better in the later episodes where he flipped out on a Scientist or Security Guard.

"....What the fuck is this?....Is this seriously the bridge to the other side?...I'd expect better than this from a Peruvian burrow trail. Jesus Christ! Why not just put up a sign that says "Die"? What the fuck? These pipes look professionally built. How did that happen? Not like this!"

And then this:

"So,there's more support if i walk on the sides,since the boards look like they have the tensile-strength of rice cakes.I'm probably overreacting.*the planks break*OH NO,ITSHAPPENINGAAAAAAYYYAAAHH!!!"

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude