ACCURSED FARMS 2015 ANNOUNCEMENTS VIDEO

*whips up an actual forum account 2-3 years down the line*

As a "throw an idea at the wall and see if it sticks" suggestion; dramatic readings of various stories from across the internet? The thing I'm thinking of in particular is stuff like the tale of Old Man Henderson, or the game of the Warhammer 40k RPG where the DM starts by killing off a literal regiment of characters.. It's probably a little bit *too* niche, but y'never know, Ross might secretly be a massive tabletop rpg fan :P

Man, that was one hell of a video.

- No Half-Life 2 Freeman's Mind!

Me: Crap... Welp, maybe there will be Civil Prote...

- No Civil Protection!

Me: Crap... Welp, at least we're still getting Game Dun...

- I know some of you will wanna burn me on the stake...

Me: Dear God.

- No 60 FPS!

Me: Stop scaring me like that!

exactly what i thought

"Exits are supposed to be difficult to locate! Because GOD HELP YOU if someone exited your building by accident. Then, they'd have to come back in!"

"Roger, Roger. What's your Vector, Victor?

I might eventually switch to Vegas, but for now I'm at least familiar with all of Premiere's bugs and can work around it.

WHAT!?!? VEGAS OVER PREMIERE!? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?!?!

(vegas is 90,000x buggier than premiere)

"Exits are supposed to be difficult to locate! Because GOD HELP YOU if someone exited your building by accident. Then, they'd have to come back in!"

"Roger, Roger. What's your Vector, Victor?

So hey, did anyone check out the blurb for AF on the latest Nostalgia Critic review?

http://channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-matrix-revolutions/

It includes a thing made by Ross for advertising.

Also, Ross is the current spotlight producer.

Also, there's a contest (of sorts) so that's cool too I guess.

Just kinda surprised that nobody mentioned it...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

I might eventually switch to Vegas, but for now I'm at least familiar with all of Premiere's bugs and can work around it.

I sincerely feel that if Sony did a complete rewrite of Vegas leaving the same interface and features, added support for OSX and other things people care about, they could absolutely DOMINATE the market. Sadly, Sony treats their Creative department like a side project.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

I sincerely feel that if Sony did a complete rewrite of Vegas leaving the same interface and features, added support for OSX and other things people care about, they could absolutely DOMINATE the market. Sadly, Sony treats their Creative department like a side project.

It kind of is a side project for them though. With the Playstation being the driver, and general electronics being in the back seat, I guess they think they can't fit anything more in the vehicle if you get my meaning.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

A bit random, but: The night before this video came out, I actually dreamed that the video came out. But then when I went to watch it robots started attacking my house and kidnapping me. I didn't think anything unusual about it. Dream logic!

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

I actually think you look badass in this video ross.............I actually think I remember seeing a interview back in 2008 or something like that with Machinima that had you look like Jesus somewhat but you still look the same in my opinion from that interview......but I do think its a good look on you...gotta ask Ross.....do you like Symphonic Metal?

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Great Ross, I'd be happy to wait for a full-blown out movie, rather than a rushed half-finished project. Do whatever fits you, as we are pretty much in your debt, since you just finished Freemans Mind. You're a true hero for not giving the series up.

And for a little digression

Eneeth could probably exist!

No, it couldn't. Hydrogen only have 1 electron to bind to other atoms; it is impossible for the hydrogen atoms, to bind to two other carbon atoms.

H2C4 would look like this:

h2c4_tumble.gif

edit: Vapymid is the right one, just a useless gif on this post.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I think more like:

H-C=C-C=C-H

That unbound C at the right end of your molecule will have to react with something...

Regards

The opposite NEEDS to happen.

gh98iz7.jpg

Can somebody please fotoshop this picture of Gordon to look more like Ross? Valve cannot escape our judgement!

IT HAPPENED!!!. I did my best in the 15 minutes i was playing around with photoshop. Hope you like it.

YtXimh3.jpg?1

I like Tyrian...and stuff.

Ross,

One quick thing on your call for assets. For vegetation, I've used Xfrog in the past as they have a pretty extensive library of plants of all types, and tutorials on getting the lighting to work as well.

The best thing? They have a selection of about 160 plants you can get for free (several of which would work well in the environment you describe).

All the stuff I have done is just for proof of concept or for personal use so I was curious what the licensing was on the free plants, so I sent a quick email to xfrog. Below is their complete response:

Matthew (Xfrog Support)

Feb 3, 1:49 PM

You can use the free sample plants in any project, personal or commercial, as long as the plants are not being re-sold or redistributed. Using them in a movie is perfectly fine - enjoy the free plants!

Xfrog Inc.

http://www.xfrog.com

fon: (1) 323-798-4602

Office hours 11 – 5 PM PST

So there you have it. Just one more resource for you to consider when you are building your movie.

Best wishes,

--

techdude

lebowsky"]The opposite NEEDS to happen.

In my attempt I tried to get everything perfect, going so far as to remove Ross' glasses seamlessly as possible. Freeman is so white in that picture that I had a really hard time even getting close to the right values. His beard color is a bit off in what I tried, as well, but that'd be easy to fix.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

That HEV suit fits Ross like a glove! At least, I suppose, the glove parts do...

Regards

lebowsky"]The opposite NEEDS to happen.

In my attempt I tried to get everything perfect, going so far as to remove Ross' glasses seamlessly as possible. Freeman is so white in that picture that I had a really hard time even getting close to the right values. His beard color is a bit off in what I tried, as well, but that'd be easy to fix.

Yea. That's a low quality picture so its a pain to work with. But c'mon post your version man i wanna see it!

I like Tyrian...and stuff.

^^^^^---- Definitive proof that Ross Scott's voice IS Gordon's Voice.

Ross actually is Gordon, he was placed in witness protection and relocated to a different universe

This is a quote from one of my friends that made said quote on YouTube. it got buried rather quickly, and suggests a good microphone and other minor suggestions.

Squic Vexation

2 days ago

For the question of microphones... May I humbly suggest the Shure SM7b? It tends to be a very low output dynamic mic, which would leave you plenty of room to yell before it peaks. That said, while I don't know what your current audio setup looks like, the SM7b does tend to require a decent preamp, due to that same low output. It would need to be mounted, either to a boom arm on your desk, or to a microphone stand. It isn't perfect, but it is a very nice balance of a great many features. The only real weakness is that if you don't speak directly into the end, it goes from sounding amazing, to sounding... 'eh... far less amazing.

In the same vein, the ElectroVoice RE320 covers a lot of the same territory, and given that it is oft used as a kick-drum mic as well as a fantastic studio mic, it might be worth looking at as well. It tends to be much more forgiving if one is even slightly off-axis than the SM7b, so depending on one's style of reading, and how animated one gets in the recording studio, it may be the better option.

All of this, of course, assumes that you are using an external mixer or a dedicated audio interface. Anyway, hope that helps.