Affordable Care Act - Discussion

Sign in to follow this  

Now you're obfuscating the issue behind the argument "they didn't know what we know now"... It doesn't matter. There are legal issues to deal with.

As for the attempt at a personal 'attack', trying to say I know nothing because I've never been to the hospital... (it's a tired argument style, one used by anyone who wants to use the absurd argument that experience trumps logic) My brother was in a serious car accident when he was 17, (I was 5) and I have seen first hand what a $500,000 hospital bill can do to a family's financial situation. I also now have a brother that has been through some of the best and worst care there is, and has significant brain damage. I have more experience with the modern medical institution than 99.999% of the nation.

Please, tell me how my brother would've had faster or better care because of socialized medicine. (according to everything I've seen or heard about SM, my brother wouldn't have been saved at all, not couldn't be, wouldn't)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm not saying he would have received better care. But how did he pay for that? He is likely in severe debt.

GLB_HEALTH0410.gif

American Professional Skateboarder

Socialized medicine mostly isn't about faster or better. It's about how your brother wouldn't be paying a 500k bill right now because he made the poor choice of not simply dying.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

But how did he pay for that? He is likely in severe debt.

The majority was paid for by the Government, and that was back in 1992... The rest involved a loan taken against our home, then selling our home, getting better paying jobs for my parents, etc. Completely debt-free in under 6 years.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.