Chell's Mind (Demo)

Sign in to follow this  

:D Thanks! No problem. I understand you gotta be picky. XD That's fine. And yeah, I do have an accent. Last time I checked, Chell wasn't British/Australian. XP

If I need to, I can definitely spin it.

According to a lot of fan theories, Chell is the daughter of Cave Johnson and Caroline, so a sweet (Caroline) sophisticated (Cave) voice isn't too far out of the realm of possibility. I can't do much with the accent, but that would be something I'd just have to roll with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyjG0nIEXs&feature=youtu.be

X3 Here. A video of basically my voice. Just for referencing I guess.

Unfortunately, I think your voice is a little too sweet for the inner monologue of a borderline-psychotic, cynical, stubborn character.

I'll take that as a compliment. XP

That's an interesting theory though!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HyjG0nIEXs&feature=youtu.be

X3 Here. A video of basically my voice. Just for referencing I guess.

Unfortunately, I think your voice is a little too sweet for the inner monologue of a borderline-psychotic, cynical, stubborn character.

I'll take that as a compliment. XP

That's an interesting theory though!

That's what I intended it to be, even though it carried a different message. Could I give you some advice on your let's plays (if you were actually planning to continue doing them)?

:3 Sure! I'll take any advice as long as it's not straight out insulting/swearing. XP

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

:3 Sure! I'll take any advice as long as it's not straight out insulting/swearing. XP

Talk about the game and your opinions of it. Talk about what you're doing at that particular moment and why. You really shouldn't have any more than 6 seconds of dead-air in a let's play unless you're staying quiet for a cutscene (and even then that's optional.)

People go to youtuber's channels and watch their let's plays because they want to learn about them and see if that person feels the same way they do. If they do, congrats, you probably nailed yourself a subscriber. If they don't, they're probably going to leave a comment explaining how you're "wrong". And even then, you could still learn from them by seeing how they see things.

Put your opinions and thoughts and experiences out there, that's what youtube's for. Otherwise, let's plays just become a very bad walkthrough with someone's annoying voice coming through periodically. Just make sure not to give away any personal information on purpose OR by accident, because it does happen. And this should go without saying, but don't "use" your gender. I know it's tempting because it does always work, but it will be unhealthy for you and your channel in the long run.

That's about it when it comes to basics. The rest you have to figure out yourself while learning and rolling with your own particular style. Every let's play channel's different, because every person is different.

:D Thank you very much! I was expecting the same old advice I get from everyone, but this is good. X3 Thanks!

I'm usually really talkative. XD So... I guess just being the first few videos and all, not used to talking to a wall. XP

I've always aspired to be someone... who has people looking up to the way I think. You know... treat each other with respect, don't diss how some people think. And I've thought about using YouTube for that. Where people will come for the entertainment, but get some life-teachings out of it too. X3 Win-win.

-------

:D Thank you very much! I was expecting the same old advice I get from everyone, but this is good. X3 Thanks!

I'm usually really talkative. XD So... I guess just being the first few videos and all, not used to talking to a wall. XP

I've always aspired to be someone... who has people looking up to the way I think. You know... treat each other with respect, don't diss how some people think. And I've thought about using YouTube for that. Where people will come for the entertainment, but get some life-teachings out of it too. X3 Win-win.

The aspiration of a role model is always a noble goal, just be sure to never lose sight of who you were, are, and will be.

If you're really serious about getting into the Youtube game and making a name for yourself, I'd recommend really trying to get yourself out there. When someone finds your channel and compliments you on it, be sure to ask them why and maybe even where they usually browse. They may not always spread the word to their friends, but at least you have some sort of idea of what is developing as your target audience (just make sure not to take your first subscriber for granted as your overall audience).

Another thing I'd suggest is either finding a partner or group to help promote or get to promote you. There's always other rising stars that could use an extra pair of legs just as much as you could. For groups, try to find one that suits you the most, but here are some other examples anyways: NormalBoots, RoosterTeeth, Polaris, Yogcast, Sleepycabin, Funhaus, and even the old Machinima (just not the new one heaven forbid). People like crossovers and seeing their favorite youtubers in another's series or stream. Why do you think the Avengers is so popular?

Just remember to always trust yourself when it comes to your style and humor. It's impossible to appeal to everyone, so take comfort in the fact that there's at least one other person out there that laughs at the same, incredibly stupid joke as you.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

:D Thank you very much!

You watch, in 5 years time, I'll have at least 10 subscribers. XD

-------

:D Thank you very much!

You watch, in 5 years time, I'll have at least 10 subscribers. XD

80th subscriber yaaaayyyy!!!!

Well, you might say I'm losing focus, kind of drifting into the abstract...