HL2 Update voicing

lebowsky"]
I played this version a bit. The lighting is very nice and the textures noticeably enhanced. The commentary is also great but the familiar voices probably assist with that. I'm happy with it, especially since it was free. If Ross does decide to do Freemans Mind in HL2, this is the version he should play.

There's a very fine line with this. As the creator of an upcoming "Mind" series, I've noticed a lot of things about the production that most people (including me) would overlook.

There's a point where the show stops becoming about your character's thoughts on its situations and surroundings and becomes about the situations and surroundings themselves. That's why I'm afraid of continuing my series into Portal 2. Whereas the original Portal usually has one line of dialogue at the start and end of every chamber and plenty of dead air to fill in between, Portal 2 has A LOT more of its own dialogue to fill that dead air.

While I'm not saying it'd be an issue that would be brought up with using the update version, it is something to consider with Half-Life 2 in general. There are actual CHARACTERS, and storylines to follow, which makes it a lot different of a process when coming up with jokes and inner-dialogue.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Upcoming "mind" series? Tell me more!

"Yet another" Chell's Mind interpretation. I have a whole thread dedicated to it in the Machinima sub-forum. I'm focusing on quality, which is why I'm not currently working on it. I don't want to force myself to create something I don't have any current interest in because it would reflect that attitude in the writing. Ross admitted he uses the same thing. He used to take so long to make videos because he would just lose interest after a while and come back to it in a month or two. It's still happening, don't worry.

Yahtzee isn't a proper reviewer - he's a critic. The fast talking is part of his gimmick. It's his job to put games through the wringer, because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8SB1YHzFU If you get offended by him, then you're taking what he says too personally.

But the thing is, kudos to everyone who takes the time and effort to make these kinds of mods, but I just don't think it's all that necessary. Half-Life 2 doesn't need to be made to compete with modern-day games, because it's a game of its time. But hey, don't let me discourage any of you from getting HL2: Update. If you like it, g'ahead!

Putting something through the grinder is not equal to being a critic. If your strategy as a critic revolves almost primarily around being aggressive and hypocritical, you're a bad critic. And, yes, I'm talking about myself here as well.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.