ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: SUPER CULT TYCOON

So are we, I mean they, building secret bases disguised as IHOPS in which visitors are converted and given nourishment through the holy breakfast so that they may grow in strength and number?

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, I guess they'd have pancakes instead of Kool Aid.

No, that'd be orange juice... The pancakes are the holy food. ;)

Oh right, how could I forget? :) and I guess milk can be used as well if there's a shortage of orange juice

Welp, now what?

So are we, I mean they, building secret bases disguised as IHOPS in which visitors are converted and given nourishment through the holy breakfast so that they may grow in strength and number?

But of course!

Oh right, how could I forget? :) and I guess milk can be used as well if there's a shortage of orange juice

Milk is the nectar of life... You can't use it in place of OJ, but it can be used in conjunction.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I admit, throughout the video, I wondered if Ross was ever part of a cult.

It's safe to say that he is/was. You don't get that kind of knowledge and insight from Wikipedia.

It's safe to say that he is/was. You don't get that kind of knowledge and insight from Wikipedia.

:roll::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I hope you're not being serious....

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

You know very little about how much information is out there about real cults... Just because the only ones you hear about in the news commit suicide, it doesn't mean those are the only ones that exist. There's even one huge cult that hasn't been stopped in over a century because they aren't hostile. (I won't mention the name of said cult, so as not to offend their millions of members)

Okay its time we get some sweet Accursed farm themed cultist and pancake themed costumes for this Cult

Back by popular demand!

Orange and black robes with glowing red eyes 'glasses' for use when the hoods are up. We would carry the holy pancake in our right hand, and the nectar of life in the left. The OJ is carried by those that aren't among the 'priesthood'. (A.K.A. the regulars on the forum)

I'll be a rebellious monk, fomenting dissent among the followers...

It's not a real cult if there is no deep schism over some existentially important issue. Like whether to use the first or the last name of the prophet?

Come to think of it - pancakes... are they pancakes or crepes? They look like crepes to me!

Regards

Hey, don't go getting all waffle-happy on us!

You know very little about how much information is out there about real cults... Just because the only ones you hear about in the news commit suicide, it doesn't mean those are the only ones that exist. There's even one huge cult that hasn't been stopped in over a century because they aren't hostile. (I won't mention the name of said cult, so as not to offend their millions of members)

I was just kidding ;) I'm sure that there's books and resources on real cults that provide such information. Although we can never rule out that Ross is the leader of some unknown transcontinental cult which revolves around beans.

Of course we can... It revolves around Pancakes!

I don't think I could ever join a cult the way Ross describes them, to be honest.

"You need to be convincing people that your cult is all they'll ever need so they should cast off their old life full of material possessions, and donate all that stuff to the cult in order to further your cause."

I love my material possessions and cannot cast it off! :D Now, if I could keep my material possessions while still joining one, I'd join Captain Gordon Freeman's Intergalactic House of Pancakes without a second thought!

I'm sure keeping most possessions is allowed, you at least need enough tech to frequent the forums, and watch the new videos... Besides, forcing people into a spartan living environment for a prolonged period is a quick way to make most people REALLY stressed out.

There's even one huge cult that hasn't been stopped in over a century because they aren't hostile. (I won't mention the name of said cult, so as not to offend their millions of members)

Give it a rest already, BTG. Nobody believes you. You're not making anyone think you're cool. Enough.

It concerns me how much thought you've put into the proper way to run a cult.
Well come on, I try to get into the spirit of the game I'm playing.

I think I'm basically immune to cults, same for hypnosis. Now that's not to say I couldn't join an extremist group based on rational arguments, but cults largely depend on emotional appeals, which tends to have holes.