Blogging and Vlogging! (For everyone!)

Sign in to follow this  

Awww... Obviously, Jeb, you are much sweeter than an apple. :D

Oh dear, I should stop saying these things... She's such a nice fluffy dinosaur, though! Seems like she feels quite safe and confident at your place. And it's just the second day? You are good with animals...

Regards

- Holy crap. How many tools do you have!? I have like... one screwdriver and that's it. XD

It's a $10 kit that I got for free... Tools for computers don't cost very much at all. You should see my 12v electrical kit.

- Nice looking laptop.

Thanks, but it's not quite what I want. Next laptop (it'll be a decent gaming rig) I'm putting a custom paintjob on it. (dark grey mottled over-all with some kind of black matte design on the lid, possibly backlit)

- I've taken apart my netbook and Alienware laptop before. X3 The most annoying part was putting it back together.

But knowing how to do it is a big plus for not having to spend hundreds on taking it to a repair shop for every little thing.

- I never really have the patience to be able to do this. X3 I'm also always afraid of breaking it.

The parts in a laptop are usually built to withstand quite a beating. You'd have to be totally inept/careless, or intentionally try for it to break. Can't really help you with the patience aspect, but rest assured that swapping thermal paste on my Lenovo takes a whopping 8 minutes from power down to power on, (and it only takes 20 for the Dell) so not much patience is required after doing it the first time.

Meanwhile, I have a new pet bird! :D A Consure Parrot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBajZJTPRxw

Cute bird. :)

X3 Atm, she's on my shoulder eating an apple chunk. Seriously though, just yesterday she was SO unsure of me. And now, SHE WON'T GET OFF. XD

Once they realize you aren't going to be mean, birds will stay near you indefinitely. They recognize that humans are currently at the top of the food chain, so being friends with them is good for survival.

All good now. My mother helped get her off. X3 Really though, yesterday... I would hold my hand out to pet her and she'd back off, turn her back to me. Now, she'll happily hop up onto my fingers, even fly up onto my shoulder! :D

Turing away from you is a bird's way of saying "I'm ready to leave if you do anything I don't like". They do that until they're confident you aren't going to harm or harass them.

As for the hair bit, looked like it was preening you. (birds do that to people they like)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.