ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: WOLFENSTEIN

Contrast the voice acting and character body language from this game and Half Life.

If these guys are really part of the Resistance they shouldn't hold themselves like they're night security for a Costco store and talk like they're on a wine tasting tour in Napa Valley.

I'd have a hard time caring what happened to them too.

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

Yeah, the Medallion factors in majorly into the game, so you might as well use it. I thought it was impressive at the time, but I think I like The New Order's sci-fi more than Wolf '09's magic.

God Ross everything you do is so... interesting

Seriously something about the way you talk just makes me want to listen to you, like some demonic voice in my head telling me to mail more anthrax packages

Anyways, keep up the good work.

I also never finished the game myself, but I really liked it. I just found the Hospital level frustrating due to the assassins.

I was seriously expecting a big April Fool's twist, but I guess the pumpkin head thing was enough.

Same here. Not that the Pumpkin thing wasn't funny, but I've just come to expect more from Ross when it comes to April Fool's. That holiday has been the one tradition he's kept alive since I first got into Freeman's Mind back when he was still with Machinima, and while this technically still counts as another year's prank it kinda feels like a Game Dungeon episode first and an April Fool's Day prank second. Not to throw Ross's own words right back at him (I know he worked really hard on this and I appreciate it) but it's just "not bad."

I wish you'd please make that Patreon account. I worry about you man. I hope you're not holding back because you think putting in a placeholder account is going to make anyone angry. Think of it as getting the groundwork done. Believe it or not, modern internet folks do understand that supporting the stuff they like simply to get more of the stuff they like is a valid thing.

Great video, Ross, I just wanted to point out if you care that "Black Sun" definitely sounds like an intended subtitle, but it probably wouldn't fly in Germany because the black sun is a neo-nazi/SS occult symbol.

Thank god I am german so I can safely say: No, those are NOT german accents. Not even remotely. It is indeed an accent of someone trying to fake a german accent without knowing any german.

A proper would be either even heavier - or a lot lighter. The Medic from TF2 actually has a quite decent light accent despite the actor not being german (but the grammar is absolutely horrible) and personally, I have an even worse one than shown in the video.

And out of curiosity - was there a reason why everyone had the pumpkin heads or was it just to justify that it has been released on April 1st? Cause if it was an aprils fools attempt, it wasn't enough and was only distracting from a proper video.

And out of curiosity - was there a reason why everyone had the pumpkin heads or was it just to justify that it has been released on April 1st? Cause if it was an aprils fools attempt, it wasn't enough and was only distracting from a proper video.

I'm sure that was for justifying an April 1st release as he never addresses that at all during the video as if it's normal. It actually got me because I was sitting there seriously wondering why he wasn't saying anything about it before I remembered to check the date.

Retired Forum Moderator

I felt the pumpkins were a great idea, even if it was only for the headshot gag. I assume it's a cheat or a mod, but I was secretly hoping for variation, in that not all NPCs have pumpkins. Some would have eggplants, onions, lemons, etc.

In fact, GD'ing it with cheats on and acting as if the cheats were normal would be brilliant!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I felt the pumpkins were a great idea, even if it was only for the headshot gag. I assume it's a cheat or a mod, but I was secretly hoping for variation, in that not all NPCs have pumpkins. Some would have eggplants, onions, lemons, etc.

In fact, GD'ing it with cheats on and acting as if the cheats were normal would be brilliant!

It would cause me to stop watching the show, instead. I find it irritating and annoying.

I agree- whole Wolfenstein game individually is actually quite good, however overall feeling left it one of weakest games i've played. Not nearly as bad as Duke Nukem forever though (it demonstrated clearly how childish duke's humor was). Very nearly killed franchise- good thing that TNO was made by other developer.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I've played a few GD games now and found I sometimes have vastly different experiences to Ross. For Wolfenstein however I'd probably react the same after a while -- Doom 3 turned me off with similar issues.

Sidenote: do not go looking for the sequel to Quarantine. It really sucks.

guess.png.625281b82f891073f8deb5363a57fd2a.png

Hmmm...Ross according to some of the Youtube comments - which are always an honest and reliable source of information - the pumpkin head cheat is supposedly only unlocked after you complete the game. But you said you didn't finish it! So Ross, are you a filthy filthy liar, or did you figure out a way to cheat in the cheats?

You know, I expected more from an April Fools' joke. Sure, more Game Dungeon is always liked, but I expected something like Freeman's Mind: Episode 69 where he goes into a grocery store and just wanders around.

You know, I expected more from an April Fools' joke. Sure, more Game Dungeon is always liked, but I expected something like Freeman's Mind: Episode 69 where he goes into a grocery store and just wanders around.

That sounds quite demanding as if you were the only person who watches his videos :roll:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

That sounds quite demanding as if you were the only person who watches his videos :roll:

I don't see why people aren't liking this episode. It was quality Ross Scott as ever. The April Fools joke of Pumpkin heads and the fact he reviewed the *other* Wolfenstein was great.

Are people still seriously demanding more Freeman's Mind?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I don't see why people aren't liking this episode. It was quality Ross Scott as ever. The April Fools joke of Pumpkin heads and the fact he reviewed the *other* Wolfenstein was great.

Are people still seriously demanding more Freeman's Mind?

I'll admit it: I crave more Freeman's Mind. However, if Ross says that this movie is going to be better than Freeman's Mind, then I'll be damned, I want to see that movie as much as he wants to make it. And, yeah, the fact that Ross kept alluding to the pumpkins, even in some comments on the video, is damned funny. [/ooc moment]

Now, something did bother me about those headshots, thought. Was it me, or was their blood a bit oddly colored? I don't know, it felt like something was wrong with their heads.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

hey ross are you going to release videos for download as MKV files like you used to? I went through all the trouble to download and install VLC Media Player

This was a great game review Ross.....I enjoyed seeing this being reviewed by someone that is better than some of the reviewers out there, i mean X-Play was great same with Reviews On The Run but honestly I think X-Play should still be around somehow, since i think Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb were totally hilarious together, they didnt need to have other segments of the show really, i mean some of their stuff like Splinter Cell Co Op Theatre aka Bob and Steve was hilarious but they sort of got too "segmenty" where it was becoming more and more like attack of the show....and less gaming

But again great review ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."