ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: WOLFENSTEIN

I don't see why people aren't liking this episode. It was quality Ross Scott as ever. The April Fools joke of Pumpkin heads and the fact he reviewed the *other* Wolfenstein was great.

Are people still seriously demanding more Freeman's Mind?

I'll admit it: I crave more Freeman's Mind. However, if Ross says that this movie is going to be better than Freeman's Mind, then I'll be damned, I want to see that movie as much as he wants to make it. And, yeah, the fact that Ross kept alluding to the pumpkins, even in some comments on the video, is damned funny. [/ooc moment]

Now, something did bother me about those headshots, thought. Was it me, or was their blood a bit oddly colored? I don't know, it felt like something was wrong with their heads.

I will admit this: I need to see the movie. I NEED TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!! I think Im gonna lose MY MIND if I dont get to see this movie....if its going to be on youtube or something I need to know since this movie sounds very kickass

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Well, I just played through Wolfenstein (2009), and I have to agree on a lot of what Ross said... Particularly the duplicated voices... I got 6 different characters in a row using the exact same voice saying "I can't talk to you right now."... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You know, I expected more from an April Fools' joke. Sure, more Game Dungeon is always liked, but I expected something like Freeman's Mind: Episode 69 where he goes into a grocery store and just wanders around.

That sounds quite demanding as if you were the only person who watches his videos :roll:

Last year was Freeman Across the Universe, and for some reason, I expected him to top that in silliness or sheer absurdity. Plus fans would think "holy crap Freeman's Mind 2".

But, as I said, more Game Dungeon is always welcomed, and this episode was as great as any other, and I'm pleased with the April Fools' joke. And either way, it's Ross' channel, it's his decision in the end.

Honestly, I think this is my least favourite Game Dungeon yet. It's not because it's modern-ish, but mostly because it's essentially a review about a not very interesting game, and there wasn't any interesting facts or much funny parts.
It was more rushed than I wanted it to be, I'm really lucky I got it out when I did. I was noticing that I was being a little too repetitive and maybe should have edited things down a little more. In the future Game Dungeons may slow down some for exactly this reason; giving myself more time to think about what to say. Anyway I think what I have in mind for the next one will be more up your alley.

That said, Wolfenstein is horrifically underrated in my opinion.
I can see where some people would like it a lot; at face value I thought I WOULD like it, but it was baffling for me trying to figure out why I didn't. I probably should have increased the difficulty, but oh well. One game's "hard" varies a lot from game to game. I remember I restarted Dead Space on the hardest difficulty after about 30-45 minutes of playing just because their normal was too much a walk in the park.

I wish you'd please make that Patreon account. I worry about you man. I hope you're not holding back because you think putting in a placeholder account is going to make anyone angry. Think of it as getting the groundwork done. Believe it or not, modern internet folks do understand that supporting the stuff they like simply to get more of the stuff they like is a valid thing.
I think it will be either this month or the next. I'm trying to catch up on a bunch of things and now I feel like I've put out enough videos for the moment that people don't think I've disappeared.

I felt the pumpkins were a great idea, even if it was only for the headshot gag. I assume it's a cheat or a mod, but I was secretly hoping for variation, in that not all NPCs have pumpkins. Some would have eggplants, onions, lemons, etc.
This is Wolfenstein, not Keen Dreams.

Hmmm...Ross according to some of the Youtube comments - which are always an honest and reliable source of information - the pumpkin head cheat is supposedly only unlocked after you complete the game. But you said you didn't finish it! So Ross, are you a filthy filthy liar, or did you figure out a way to cheat in the cheats?
I know some people think editing a config file is the equivalent of magic, but it's not.

hey ross are you going to release videos for download as MKV files like you used to? I went through all the trouble to download and install VLC Media Player
I will for Freeman's Mind, I plan to this month. For Game Dungeon the filesizes I upload to Youtube get absolutely massive, I'm not sure how practical it would be without burning a lot of the quality.

Oh, Ross, I wanted to ask, albeit slightly off topic: How is the microphone situation coming along? It doesn't sound like you're using a different microphone recently.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

With the name, I think they want people to think its stand alone or a reboot so that they don't feel the need to play the other games first.

Yeah, this is the reason. The game came out 28 years after the first entry, 17 after Wolfenstein 3D, and is the first major release to be on consoles. Most people don't know too much about it.

While the game itself is rather bland, The New Order is great. I think. I didn't play through it all the way, and it's been sitting on my shelf for like ten months. Should get around to that soon...

I think they should have still called this version of Wolfenstein , Wolfenstein Black Sun, since it would have made sense to call it that instead of it being named a reboot per se, since it didnt feel like it was.....I mean I played Return To Castle Wolfenstein on the PS2 that felt like it was a real reboot of the series in my opinon but it was called RETURN to CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN so there is also that.....and if we look at the cannon of the series, it makes it look like this game is set after Wolfenstein 3D but honestly it seems like its a whole new cannon they are going with in this one and The New Order basically says FUCK YOU to what you think has happened, so WWII happened but the Allies didnt win and its now the fucking 60s and the Nazis are still in power....

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

With the name, I think they want people to think its stand alone or a reboot so that they don't feel the need to play the other games first.

Yeah, this is the reason. The game came out 28 years after the first entry, 17 after Wolfenstein 3D, and is the first major release to be on consoles. Most people don't know too much about it.

While the game itself is rather bland, The New Order is great. I think. I didn't play through it all the way, and it's been sitting on my shelf for like ten months. Should get around to that soon...

Yeah, I liked The New Order. They are putting out an expansion pack for it next month.

Really liked the episode.

In a recent thread on /r/Games for another game critic, someone asked if there were other critics who choose the method seen in the post's video to critique them: I obviously dropped in to rep Ross and, of course, got tons of upvotes -- people really love you there.

Wisconsin you say?

Well, in that area of America, there is a large German speaking population. I'm sure if they tried, the developers could get a good German voice actor from the comforts of their own state.

Even if they couldn't, a state lower would have some Germans to spare.

Wisconsin you say?

Well, in that area of America, there is a large German speaking population. I'm sure if they tried, the developers could get a good German voice actor from the comforts of their own state.

Even if they couldn't, a state lower would have some Germans to spare.

You don't even need native Germans specifically. If you can just get someone who can do an accent right it would be good enough. Heck, people often mistake me as british for how I speak even though I'm 100% pure dutch.

I have a theory about why they named it "Wolfenstein" and not something like "Wolfenstein: Black Sun" and it doesn't have to do with "marketing steroids" (as Ross calls it).

The way I envision it, with the games leading up to this one, they wanted to a "clean slate" (as it were). No sequels, no prequels, no remakes... just something fresh and new. A single name without anything attached to it. Because that's ultra modern. Sleek. Elegant.

But then they went and ruined that idea by making it dull, repetitious and derivative. ;)

I have a theory about why they named it "Wolfenstein" and not something like "Wolfenstein: Black Sun" and it doesn't have to do with "marketing steroids" (as Ross calls it).

The way I envision it, with the games leading up to this one, they wanted to a "clean slate" (as it were). No sequels, no prequels, no remakes... just something fresh and new. A single name without anything attached to it. Because that's ultra modern. Sleek. Elegant.

But then they went and ruined that idea by making it dull, repetitious and derivative. ;)

I'm with you on this one. Supposedly, that's what they were going for with Sonic 06, too. It was supposed to be a reboot of the series, however, it flopped. Similar to Wolfenstein, actually. It was an overall good game, but there were some major issues that prevented it from being what it set out to be.

Yeah, turn on all the mushrooms; I don't care about the power bill.

Yeah, I liked The New Order. They are putting out an expansion pack for it next month.

One of the things I quite liked about The New Order is that they managed to put in absolutely bizarre content, to a really rather serious tone and somehow made it work, AND with fun game-play.

Whilst I've played the original Wolfenstein 3D as well, I've not played this version, nor Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which like far too many games, lurks unplayed in my Steam library... :x

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Subs added. Sorry for being late.... Easter time and so on :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Magda did you and Ross find any wabbits? since after all it was WABBIT SEASON :P

or was it Duck Season?

not sure anymore......

ohh wait I think its coming back to me now

its wabbit season :P

One of the things I quite liked about The New Order is that they managed to put in absolutely bizarre content, to a really rather serious tone and somehow made it work, AND with fun game-play.

Whilst I've played the original Wolfenstein 3D as well, I've not played this version, nor Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which like far too many games, lurks unplayed in my Steam library... :x

Definetly try RTCW, its great even today. you get nazis, zombies and big zombies, no nazi zombies though. Extremely fun to play (though voice acting is.. ugh). also multiplayer is rather fun- nice formula thats still fun today, especially beach map.

Wolfenstein, however, skip it. It just gets so repetitive and overall boring at some point it just makes you bored of trying to pass it. I played trough it all and its just so damn boring with unrewarding ending. I played it trough because i had nothing better to do, but damn it sucked. Also i noticed there are hacks that make game much more playable and fun. Game shouldnt do that!

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Magda did you and Ross find any wabbits? since after all it was WABBIT SEASON :P

or was it Duck Season?

not sure anymore......

ohh wait I think its coming back to me now

its wabbit season :P

We've found wats and wats of cute wabbits! ^^ :lol: and we ate them! :mrgreen:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^