Share your feelings!

Really, I don't want to dump my problems all on here, because I'm new here.

Everyone and their problems are welcome here. We might not always be able to find solutions, but in my experience this forum is full of nice and pleasant people who are ready to give you their moral support!

I wish you the best of luck with dealing with those problems at school. I know how hard it can be a lot of times... Main thing is that you stay positive - I mean hey, Ross said that he has a bunch of new Game Dungeons planned for this month!

Depression is caused by inability/refusal to see a viable future for oneself.

Could be solved in two ways

- think positively about your future. There is nothing there that shouldn't be solvable or couldn't be overcome (until death, that is, hehe... :D ) After all, billions of people manage to live their lives out and most of them in much worse conditions than we do.

or

- don't think about the future at all. I mean - why bother about something that is purely hypothetical now? You can't foresee your future. I know that as a lot of my own expected future is now well in the past and it's totally different to what I could imagine when I was young. So, if you can't foresee it - why the hell should you assume that it will be bad. Take each day as it comes. When it's time to make a decision that may affect your future - yes, think about it. But at all other times - just don't.

Regards

Follow up to what I felt last time: Me and my class managed to pull off our school play with little fuckups, but i'm not done yet. I still have some more work left before the semester ends.

Welp, now what?

Depression is caused by inability/refusal to see a viable future for oneself.

Could be solved in two ways

[all of the above]

Regards

That, and being self negative is a really easy way to get yourself depressed. X3 If you always think; "I'll never succeed, I'm a failure. No body likes me. I don't like myself." That's not gonna get you anywhere. XD And no-body wants to deal with self-negativity. Doesn't matter how many motivational posters you put up on their wall, no matter how many compliments you give that person - happiness is based on what the individual thinks. They could be completely rich, have the most perfect life, but if they're down on them-self, they will get depressed. X3

You see people who are without anything, but still manage to be so happy. Because they choose to enjoy what they have, and embrace who they are! :D I'm an optimistic bastard and that pretty much keeps me rather sane. XD Sure, I'm not the best at stuff, and yes, I can be weird as fuck sometimes. But all I gotta do is think of the good things... I'm creative! I'm smart! I have amazing close friends! :D I have a job, I'm fucking gorgeous. XD No matter who you are, you ALWAYS have something to be happy about. Maybe, you're able to cheer people up really easily? Maybe, you're great at providing help for others? Maybe, you're really good at cooking or something. :3 There's no reason for anyone to be so depressed and gloomy, not when we have so much...

I also wouldn't say that it can be simply solved... X3 I know friends who are SO depressed, they refuse to listen to anyone, even their closest peers. Their mentality and ideas are so clouded with negativity that they can't even begin to think of anything positive. That's like, psychologist needed territory right there. XD And that's heartbreaking to see really... so I guess my above info-rant is for those who feel like they're starting to get a little hopeless. Slap yourself and wake up - the world is fucking beautiful. Go for a walk, look at the trees or some shit. XD You'll feel better.

OT: I've spilled apple juice all over my shirt, but that's okay... X3 Other than that, I'm grand! :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Nothing has changed for me... This is starting to get me down somewhat.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Anxious. I have a lot on my to-do list and nothings getting done and the list is growing longer and I hate long to-do lists if it shouldn't be long!

Edit: Aaaand now I'm disgusted. Just stumbled across a manga that's title literally translates to "Because she is a little girl I'm excited sexually."

I'm... I'm gonna play Dying Light and pretend I didn't just find that.

Retired Forum Moderator

Edit: Aaaand now I'm disgusted. Just stumbled across a manga that's title literally translates to "Because she is a little girl I'm excited sexually."

I'm... I'm gonna play Dying Light and pretend I didn't just find that.

HAHAHA! :lol: OMG! What the fuck!? Wow... XD Japan is taking it to a WHOLE new level. Geez! I could handle the hentai, but not this!!

OT: Trying not to feel too stressed out. X3 Just need to talk to myself into a better mindset. XD It's fine... there is no work to be done right now. There's no assignments that CAN be done right now on your course, it's the teacher's fault for not responding to your inquiries. Everything is going to be fine... you just have to be patient. No point in stressing over it right now. No need to! :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I feel kind of empty, trying to find any reason for life, that nihilist/existentionalist view "why"... Sad because of breakup I had almost 2 years ago with my fianceé... Happy because I'm doing ok... All mixed up together

I keep having this feeling for the need of sex....Christ,i'm perverted... :oops:

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I keep having this feeling for the need of sex....Christ,i'm perverted... :oops:

Um... you mean like normal people do? X3 I'd be concerned if it was on your mind 24/7 though. XD

-------

Man, you have your hands - you know what to do.

But, in general - if you want some, you need to work for it. Don't expect someone to give it to you out of pity - and if someone does, that won't be the kind you want...

Regards

Ahh, isn't puberty beautiful?

It's been 4 years since my spaceship docked in a lady's cargo hold, and there were definitely a number of walls you hit, but eventually you get over it and feel content waiting for the right time. Picking up chicks at clubs never appealed to me anyway.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Hey guys... If any one of you is free to talk later on, I'd really appreciate it. IRC or whatever. Just got a call from my boyfriend... Who's going for a full on intestinal transplant. He's going to fly to the other side of the country, and we've been waiting so long for this to happen. He's been waiting all his life - because of his Psuedo Intestinal Obstruction. I'm really nervous... And it's all really shocking. I didn't expect it to happen so soon... And now it's going to happen. I'm so worried, and it'll be a while before I can hear from him. Because of the transplant, he could be in the hospital for up to half a year, waiting to fully recover. The last thing you ever want to hear is; "If I don't make it..." And that's what I'm facing right now.

In summary - Nervous as fuck.

-------

my mood right now:

untitled_by_jekjekyll-d9dlnj7.jpg

upset with everything, tired and it's 3 am, I should go and try to sleep a bit, but can't.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Hey guys... If any one of you is free to talk later on, I'd really appreciate it. IRC or whatever. Just got a call from my boyfriend... Who's going for a full on intestinal transplant. He's going to fly to the other side of the country, and we've been waiting so long for this to happen. He's been waiting all his life - because of his Psuedo Intestinal Obstruction. I'm really nervous... And it's all really shocking. I didn't expect it to happen so soon... And now it's going to happen. I'm so worried, and it'll be a while before I can hear from him. Because of the transplant, he could be in the hospital for up to half a year, waiting to fully recover. The last thing you ever want to hear is; "If I don't make it..." And that's what I'm facing right now.

In summary - Nervous as fuck.

I wish i was there,BUT MY FUCKING INTERNET IS BEING AN ASSHOLE AGAIN.

I wish him best of luck to Seth.He's going to be alright,Jeb.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I am about to lose my mind! :3

-------

Concerning the comments about depression above, I do feel it might be a good idea to share this one:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.se/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

See, true clinical depression is essentially a number of very important signal substances in your brain - not least serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine - getting into a serious imbalance. The blog post above has a perfect summary of when it truly hits the lethal stage - "I don't want to kill myself, I just don't want to be alive anymore". And once you get into it, it can spiral horrendously quickly. My personal bout with it was when a friend came down with it, and came down hard. His point of realization was when he couldn't fulfill a promise to go get a liter of milk at the store around the corner. He knew he should be able to. Just a hundred meters to walk. Hardly costs a thing. He didn't really have anything more pressing to do. But it didn't happen. Thing is, when someone is at that point, positive and hopeful words about how wonderful life is may be exactly the wrong thing to say. He knew he had a good life. He knew he should be happy. The fact that he couldn't be only contributed to a vague sense of shame whenever someone pointed it out. Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't try to cheer up sad people. But I do think it's worth being mindful about the fact that there's a very real difference between being sad and having a depression.

Just wait please, I'll hold it for you - for safekeeping. Not even joking...

@Amadeus: I agree. But clinical depression is not something I can help with and it's normally caused by underlying health issues, even though the trigger may be a stressful event. I'm not qualified to talk about it so I won't.

But for those who are just feeling low under a lot of stress - sometimes just snapping out of negative thinking makes the difference between a moody spell and slipping into chronic depression. So, if there is a chance I could help with my little motivational quip without there being any danger of making it worse - why not?

Regards

Just wait please, I'll hold it for you - for safekeeping. Not even joking...

Regards

You know... You held my heart on this same thread...

But you left and forgot to give it back. X3 I'd like my mind back at some point... But for now, keep it. I think I need someone making sure I remain sane. XD

OT: Conflicted and confuzzled.

-------