Share your feelings!

I've been trying to tell people this for years but I always just get brushed off.

Yea, i completely agree. is it worth watching that whole thing or just that one segment on "overrated". I've heard of TB, but i've never given him a chance for some reason.

Yea, i completely agree. is it worth watching that whole thing or just that one segment on "overrated". I've heard of TB, but i've never given him a chance for some reason.

That reason's probably because his videos range from half an hour long to many hours long. It's a bit ridiculous IMO, especially when the topic doesn't need more than 10 minutes of time to discuss.

the name's riley

John Bain aka Total Biscuit is brilliant, I think some of his videos if they are an hour long and are about a serious matter like SOPA and PIPA then he has the right to get on a full blown rant about it

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Feeling proper awesome at the moment. I got my hollowbody bass back from the shop today, de-fretted with the inlay dots removed too. Popped on some flatwound strings, and it's like playing a miniature double bass!

Not finished though, it needs a couple of tweaks I reckon. Then I need to find a pickup for it.

But for now, man I've waited nearly two years to get this done, and it works! :mrgreen:

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Feeling proper awesome at the moment. I got my hollowbody bass back from the shop today, de-fretted with the inlay dots removed too. Popped on some flatwound strings, and it's like playing a miniature double bass!

Not finished though, it needs a couple of tweaks I reckon. Then I need to find a pickup for it.

But for now, man I've waited nearly two years to get this done, and it works! :mrgreen:

Man, a good instrument in your hands, that goes beyond words. Excuse a guitarists (who don't have English as first language!) but when you said hollowbody bass I first thought about one of the big ones, like in a symphonic orchestra - is that what you're talking about?

I remember the very first time I got my hands on my ESP flying V. Looks and black glistening finish aside, it was love from first power chord.

Fuck, I'm so frustrated with a lot of people today. They seem hell bent on manufacturing problems out of thin air for no reason whatsoever. Today I hired a guy, highly skilled and motivated, who for lots of insanely stupid bureaucratic reasons haven't found a job in more than a year. And I know there are hundred others like him just strewn out across the landscape, wasting their lives and draining tax payer's money. Not by their choice but because of rules and governmental incompetence. In other words, for NO GOOD REASON WHAT SO FUCKING EVER! Sorry, this whole thing just... gah.

Fuck, I'm so frustrated with a lot of people today. They seem hell bent on manufacturing problems out of thin air for no reason whatsoever. Today I hired a guy, highly skilled and motivated, who for lots of insanely stupid bureaucratic reasons haven't found a job in more than a year. And I know there are hundred others like him just strewn out across the landscape, wasting their lives and draining tax payer's money. Not by their choice but because of rules and governmental incompetence. In other words, for NO GOOD REASON WHAT SO FUCKING EVER! Sorry, this whole thing just... gah.

I didn't know you had hired me... (I'm in that exact position)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I didn't know you had hired me... (I'm in that exact position)

Oh dear heavens, it's international. Well, but of course it is. Why wouldn't it be? Are you actually forbidden to work, or have they devised something more creative in order to be grade A douchebags?

Man, a good instrument in your hands, that goes beyond words. Excuse a guitarists (who don't have English as first language!) but when you said hollowbody bass I first thought about one of the big ones, like in a symphonic orchestra - is that what you're talking about?

I remember the very first time I got my hands on my ESP flying V. Looks and black glistening finish aside, it was love from first power chord.

@Binky: Ooh a fretless! Always wanted one after trying out this acoustic fretless bass, I think it was an Ibanez. It had a wonderful sound, like a double bass. Any chance we can see that beauty of a bass soon? :)

@Amadeus: When he said hollowbody, he was referring to the acoustic guitar-like design, albeit with pickups and an f-hole, or something like this:

AGB200TBR.gif

While we're on guitars, you can really tell you're using a good guitar and amp when you're improvising riffs after riffs like there's no tomorrow. I was visiting this shop that sells 2nd-hand guitars made in Japan just awhile ago, tried out this Les Paul knockoff with a Line 6 amp, and I fell in love.

OT: Feeling rather restless, after a rather exhausting day of school. Could use a little sleep.

Welp, now what?

Anyone else ever had that feeling where you feel calm and peaceful and yet you know there's no cause for it? Like hanging out with some friends for a few hours and coming home with a feeling like it was a really great night even though it was mediocre.

That's how I woke up today.

when you said hollowbody bass I first thought about one of the big ones, like in a symphonic orchestra - is that what you're talking about?

@Binky: Ooh a fretless! Always wanted one after trying out this acoustic fretless bass, I think it was an Ibanez. It had a wonderful sound, like a double bass. Any chance we can see that beauty of a bass soon? :)

@Amadeus: When he said hollowbody, he was referring to the acoustic guitar-like design, albeit with pickups and an f-hole, or something

Close. It's an Epiphone Viola Bass. I'll put a picture up when I sort out the electronics, but here's a stock photo:

203670_1_epiphone_electric_bass_viola_bass_vintage_sunburst.jpg

I've taken the electronics out, and I plan on fitting something like a Piezo pickup near the bridge. The guy who defretted it said he cut cut a groove into the bridge and slot one in, which would be awesome.

OT: Feeling good, had a decent day in town.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Lately I've had this really burning thing on the back of my mind... just some weird dilemma that I realize has been secretly affecting me for months now.

I love to please people and that's all I want to do, every minute of every hour of every day - make them happy, give them stuff, do stuff for them, that sort of dealio. And when it comes to art, I want to make it as pleasing and as entertaining as possible to look at. But I have no freaking clue how to judge this. Art is weird. You can compare the most loved cartoon with the most loved realistic piece of art work, but none of them are... better... The realistic one could involve more work, sure, but both cartoon and realism is just like... a genre of music! No genre of music is better. No type of art is better. It's just what people prefer. So... if I worked hard enough on my own style, it would become something... great, sure. Not realism, not cartoon, just a style that some people may like. But how do I know if it looks good or not? Do people look at it and go; "Geez, this thing sucks balls." Or... "This is cute/pretty!" I want the latter, to be honest. :P But I have no idea when I've reached that point. I don't know exactly what I have to do for people to think that. I want to be able to create a long list of art and have people look at them for their plot and theme, rather than the quality. But I have no idea how to get there. Practice makes perfect I guess? But I'm getting impatient... for some reason. I can't see myself getting "better". Only "perfecting". My art needs work, I know that, everyone knows that. With realism, it's easy to tell if your art is good or not, because you're comparing it to real life. If it looks similar, good job! You did well. With a personal art style, now what? What do I do?

In summary: Confused in my progress... a little nervous of other's opinions too. Though I probably shouldn't be?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Jeb, my dear, you need to remember that the harshest and the most demanding critic of your art is always you yourself. And it is you who you should strive to please.

You can't do art by trying to please others - well you can but that won't be art but rather craftsmanship. You can do it for money, to order, for commissions, but the actual art - which you create for the sake of creation, to express yourself and to share your internal world with others - you should only listen to your own inner voice for that.

And you are doing so well... I admire your drawings. You have definitely developed a style of your own. So - what I'd like to say - don't listen to your critics, if there are any... Just do what you feel is right to your own tastes. Yes, if you feel something needs improvement - improve it, push yourself, exceed all your previous works with each new one. But only listen to yourself in what means "good" there.

And when you yourself are pleased with your work - the others will be too.

Regards

If it makes you feel better, not everyone gets why the Mona Lisa is so amazing, beloved by so many people. They might get why people see it as such, but they don't see why, if that makes sense.

What I'm trying to get at is, just do your art, people will love it, and people wont, no matter what.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

i'm freaking out a bit because one of my clanmates just quit runescape and gave me 50m worth of shit at the most convenient time possible

on top of that i'm feeling amazing because i just got some chores done and took a shower, so i'm totally free for the rest of the day

today is so nice ^_^

the name's riley

one of my clanmates just quit runescape and gave me 50m worth of shit

tumblr_n3dfwlPSL11rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

OT: Good? Normal? Indifferent? Nothing really happening, so yeah.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

@Vappy: You're really good at knowing what to say. X3 I'm jealous. :P Too bad I'm a very easily-worried person though... I'm always wanting to make sure that people are pleased with what I do, what I say, etc, etc (unless I'm in a really pissed off mood, then everyone should steer away from me. XP) and if I could make people smile from my artwork, either laugh or 'aw' then that would make me soooo happy! :D Art takes time though... practice takes time... I just need to work on my stuff for a few more years, and then a few more! Nobody is perfect. X3 But you can sure as hell strive for it. :P Thanks, sweetheart.

@Ninja: That does make me feel a little better. XP Thank you.

@Kitty: Enjoy your day! :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Are you actually forbidden to work, or have they devised something more creative in order to be grade A douchebags?

"Overqualified" is the common excuse in many different forms... I've actually had one hiring manager tell me they wouldn't hire me for any position because I would "make everyone that worked there feel like children playing with Windows settings in comparison". (it was a computer repair position, and I had more practical experience and time working with PCs than all 12 employees AND the 'master repair technician' combined)

The other common excuse is "you didn't have a job from [X date] to [Y date], so why should we hire you if you can't get a job?", and that one gets me on anything I go to I'm NOT excessively overqualified for. (any job that doesn't have to do with computers)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

if I could make people smile from my artwork, either laugh or 'aw' then that would make me soooo happy! :D

You already do that, my girl... Don't have the slightest doubt.

Regards

if I could make people smile from my artwork, either laugh or 'aw' then that would make me soooo happy! :D

You want proof that you succeeded in doing just that? That artwork you made for us last Christmas is still my desktop's wallpaper.

12605427_10204071840155655_5302989079435048166_o.jpg

It always eased my mind after a stressful day in school, that artwork of yours. :)

Welp, now what?