Share your feelings!

Fair enough!

OT: I'm feeling preeeetty good. :D For once, it feels like everything went right all at once. XP

1. I have freaking Pizza. And nothing can beat that. XD I also have a lava cake, and nothing can beat that either.

4. I was sick, I'm not anymore!

1. Ohmygod lava cake is soooo good, I haven't had that in ages

4. Glad to hear you're doing better! :D

Kinda bummed. The song idea I introduced to the band has fallen on it's face, so it's back to the drawing board, if not abandoning it altogether. Dang.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

4. Glad to hear you're doing better! :D

Aw, cheers!

@BTG: Hope you get better!

@Binky: Aww... don't abandon the idea fully though! You should like, write it down or something and keep it for whenever and whatever pops up. :D

@Mr.KittyCat: Dammit, you're not supposed to do that! XD Drink some milk. XP That might make you feel better.

OT: I just came back from a night out with a lovely mate of mine. :) We like each other but we dunno what we're doing yet cause he's probably a little bit too old for me. XP Maybe, I dunno. I've never had a physical relationship before though... it's all been long distance. So this is a very nice change... having the opportunity to hold hands for once. :D Hehe.

So... summary... niiiiiice!! We were just sitting on a park bench, looking up at the stars... sooo cute! Squee!!

EDIT: Also just realized I gave him the link to this site a few days ago. So if he's some; 'I want to know what you're doing' kind of person, then wonderful. XD You found the place I basically use as my own personal blog, good for you!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Cheers Jeb :) I've redone the chord progressions and I'm gonna record a demo to show the band, so I can get the idea across. It's meant to be folky - as per our general style - but it ended up sounding like a generic rock tune (which is all well and good but isn't our band). Our general repertoire is chiefly written by our singer, so may I should take a similar attitude when writing songs originating from myself.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Cheers to the two of you!!! :)

I feel like a zombie this past week. By zombie, I meant that i've been awake for almost three days straight doing my thesis draft, which might explain why i've been inactive for the past few days

Welp, now what?

Super pissed off at my dog right now.

Little fucker bit a house guest. Nothing serious, less blood than a tiny paper cut but the fact that he even tried to do that makes me furious. Guest kept insisting it was fine but it really isn't. That shit of a dog needs to calm the fuck down.

Next time that guest comes around that dog is getting locked in the other room the entire time; I don't care how much he barks and whines.

Retired Forum Moderator

CHeers Jeb! Hope that works out for you

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Super pissed off at my dog right now.

Little fucker bit a house guest. Nothing serious, less blood than a tiny paper cut but the fact that he even tried to do that makes me furious. Guest kept insisting it was fine but it really isn't. That shit of a dog needs to calm the fuck down.

Next time that guest comes around that dog is getting locked in the other room the entire time; I don't care how much he barks and whines.

Did the guest do anything to provoke him?

I remember one time, while visiting my brother, we were gaming while our parents (and then wife) went out to do a thing. My brother went to do something (this was about 4 years ago, so details are little fuzzy), out of the blue, their dog started barking at me. Never attacked or anything, just barking, like "who's this stranger in the apartment?!" I wasn't doing anything, just setting down waiting for my bro, so we could continue gaming. The dog met me before (including earlier the same day), so I wasn't a complete stranger.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

No he didn't. He was just walking in through the front door and the dog went straight for his ankle. My dog has... emotional issues I suspect and whenever my parents aren't around he becomes significantly more on edge and my only guess is he assumed my friend was an intruder? Only reason I can think because this isn't the first time the dog has seen this person and last time he acted NOTHING like this.

Either way it's the first and last time that's gonna happen if I can help it. That dog has earned visiting duration isolation for every guest from here on out.

Retired Forum Moderator

@AP+Meelis: Thank you! :D

@Rarity: Geez, that must have not been pleasant... >.> Some animals/people can be so damn unpredictable sometimes. :(

OT: I feel really freaking depressed. Like... Geez... A police officer in US state Virginia was fatally shot after responding to a call... On her FIRST day of the job. Are you fucking kidding me???? What the fuck? Guys! Seriously! Three police officers were shot, why do you guys still think it's a good idea to be able to own guns? Fuck me.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

And you think it's a good idea to punish the three hundred million people who own guns and have never done a thing wrong with them because occasionally people are assholes?

Okay, better question. Do you really think it's a better idea to try prohibition, which we've already proven with drugs and alcohol not only doesn't work but leads to less regulation and more violence, instead of say, mandatory gun safety courses? Because honestly, that's the reasonable, not totally insane thing to do. Universal background checks, waiting periods and mandatory safety courses are all highly effective. Switzerland has already proven that, given that they have more gun owners per capita than the United States and by far lower rates of gun crime.

But this isn't the thread to go on about this too long.

OT: Kinda irritated. Clinton wins a state we already knew she was going to win, and people are acting like it's a huge upset to Bernie supporters. No, it isn't. We wrote South Carolina off six months ago and never even tried to move it, because it was a lost cause. Wait for Tuesday.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Mhm. Okay. Cause... All those deaths in the US are just coincidences... Of course. X3 Yep, sure. I'm just happy to live in my little Australia, where I don't need to fear getting shot as much as I would in the US. But... I didn't come here for an argument. I literally just vented out my frustrations/shared my feelings. It honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm not the one living in the US, so...

-------

And you think it's a good idea to punish the three hundred million people who own guns and have never done a thing wrong with them because occasionally people are assholes?

Keep in mind you're talking to someone from Australia, where people don't take pleasure in shooting shit for no particular reason.

the name's riley

You've never been to the United States if you think we have any reason to fear getting shot. The odds of that are so astronomically low, no matter what part of the US you're in, that it's completely irrelevant to our daily lives. Most of us die of heart failure or cancer, just like anywhere else, and the leading unnatural cause of death is car crashes. Even in cases of violence, knives and blunt objects still kill more people than guns. Do you want to ban those, too? Of course you don't, never mind which weapons actually kill the most people, you just personally hate guns for some reason you don't understand.

Guns do not have any extra, special danger to them. They just have ridiculous hysteria attached to them. The overwhelming majority of gun owners will never fire their weapon at a living being, and the overwhelming majority of those that do are firing at a wild animal they specifically got a permit to hunt. The few people who use a gun against another human being are almost always using it for state-sanctioned murder (military, police) or are using a weapon that was acquired illegally (pretty much everybody else). Occasionally, somebody will use a legally acquired firearm for violence not sanctioned by the state, most in self defence but a few for murder, but their numbers are massively dwarfed by the numbers who use knives and blunt objects.

And let's not forget the parts of the world where gun deaths are the most common are NOT the ones with the highest rate of gun ownership. There's by far fewer gun owners in every country in Africa, and several orders of magnitude more deaths. Why? Little or no law enforcement, extreme poverty and civil unrest. All of these factors trump gun ownership.

The reason the US has more gun deaths than most of Europe (not even all of Europe, nor by as much as you've been lead to believe) is not due to an increased number of guns. Switzerland proves that in one direction by having more guns and fewer deaths, the entire continent of Africa proves that in another by having fewer guns and more deaths. The reason is a combination of drug policy (all gang violence is the result of the drug war, as gangs exist to make money selling illegal drugs), a very high poverty rate for a "first-world" country, and a shameful lack of regulation. (That last one can largely be blamed on corruption, with the second cause being stupidity.)

Banning all guns is insane, the kind of policy only written by people who have been shamefully misinformed on the issue, and usually this kind of agenda is pushed by people with little or no connection to reality. Banning all guns is not the answer. The answer is to end the drug war, combat poverty and put in better regulation on gun ownership, including universal background checks, waiting periods, mandatory safety courses and tracking weapon purchases and sales to make sure the exact, legal owner of a firearm is always on file. Switzerland does all of these things, and nobody gets shot despite there being a rifle in every household, almost literally.

I really, truly don't think you understand the issue. Now, you want to talk actual danger, something that us Americans actually do have to be afraid of, which results in many pointless, unnecessary deaths and really needs legislation to put a stop to it? Then let's talk about McDonalds, and their so-called "food". Remember how I said most Americans die of heart disease or cancer? Well, you can blame diet for that, and McDonalds is the best example. They're what's really killing Americans, they certainly contribute more to our poor life expectancy than guns do.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Look - just stop already.

There is a gun discussion thread - go post all you like there. We don't need you hi-jacking this thread. It's for feelings not for political discussions or proclamations.

And, please, she's been to the US alright...

Regards

But this isn't the thread to go on about this too long.

Proceeds to write 6 paragraphs.

-------