Share your feelings!

"Just don't respond"? Seriously? That is absurd. You could say the exact things about them, or you. Why don't you just not reply? Why don't they? Wouldn't this logic make them just as much at fault for each additional post, and you too? Or am I the only one who should be quiet when others disagree with me? Or is it people you disagree with in general that need to be quiet and not defend their positions? That hardly seems fair. I'd even say it sounds like a double-standard, because it is.

You are grasping at straws here, trying to make this my fault. Not because it is, but because you want it to be. I can't be the only one at fault just for participating. If participation is guilt, everybody else is guilty too, so stop ONLY blaming me for EVERYTHING.

OT: Frustrated with obvious bias.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

You're arguing again! If you actually took the time, I you would see I stopped a while ago. Move on.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Ninja, we're on a different topic now. One that's more important.

You have a history of going on and on and on, Seattleite. That's why I growl on you the most, because I KNOW what you do and how you behave and react. But most of the time you add insults, however I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't seen a lot of that anymore.

And why am I responding? Cause I'm a fucking moderator. And I tell people what to do, and stop arguments, and keep peace. Police can't keep peace by standing there and watching can they. :P They gotta actually do something. The others, they stopped, made a point, and left it. You still reply with essay amount of information to try and prove them wrong. You are doing it again. Stop. Stop replying. XD Cause I have to reply to you and tell you to stop!! But if you reply to that, then I have to tell you to stop again and make sure nobody else replies either.

OT: My phone is dying even more. Oh dear. But hey, 30 minutes to go! Then I can eat my lunch I never ate. >.>

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Youtube, very slow. Rest of the internet? Perfectly fine. Not the first time this kind of thing has happened, doubt it'll be the last, always sucks though.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

"Just don't respond"? Seriously? That is absurd. You could say the exact things about them, or you. Why don't you just not reply? Why don't they? Wouldn't this logic make them just as much at fault for each additional post, and you too? Or am I the only one who should be quiet when others disagree with me? Or is it people you disagree with in general that need to be quiet and not defend their positions? That hardly seems fair. I'd even say it sounds like a double-standard, because it is.

You are grasping at straws here, trying to make this my fault. Not because it is, but because you want it to be. I can't be the only one at fault just for participating. If participation is guilt, everybody else is guilty too, so stop ONLY blaming me for EVERYTHING.

OT: Frustrated with obvious bias.

Sometimes you've got to stop yourself when no one else is willing to restrain themselves. Yes, it exactly as unfair as it sounds and trust me this is something very difficult to learn. But if you can take some responsibility(Even if it isn't your fault. Emphasis on the not your fault part.) and say " I'm stopping this right here, right now" you've shown just how much control you have over the situation. The fact that you can say no and not post is quite an achievement in of itself compared to other people on the internet who have less restraint.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Just because it used to be biologically and psychologically one way in the distant past doesn't mean that is the best way ever. Dogs have thumbs, doesn't mean they're forced to use them because their ancestors used them many years ago. Do you wanna live in a theocracy or a chiefdom some other sort of government that used to exist in human history? It clearly existed in the past and was a functional concept at the time. Only at THAT time, though. That's the problem, physically and psychologically humans didn't just stop evolving after achieving sentience. You seem to think ancient humans and modern humans are exactly the same thing psychologically. The circumstances of life, world and information around both of these entities are vastly different and are bound to greatly affect their psychological priorities. Which is why you can't set up a tribal chief as a head of the government in 2016 and expect the majority to be satisfied with it.

Marriage used to be a form of unity intended to keep offsprings growing enough to see adulthood (sexual exclusivity wasn't required at that time), then it became a bargaining tool to seal unions and contracts. Only now, its starting to be viewed in its "intended" (sarcastically written) form; a sort of a union between a male and a female who are in love with each other. Marriage's uses as a tool of children's survivability or a trade bargaining chip has been slowly fading away in its need from human life and now we're all left with a concept of unity in eternal love that is beginning to outlive its physical use in modern society. So, why does it still exist? Because only now, it's beginning to fill our psychological needs more than physical ones.

Due to the rapid succession of scientifical developments humans have achieved so far, we have begun to recognize countless more problems that can impair a human's functionality, more than just physical ones. More than just mental "disorders" actually, like antisocial or bipolar disorders. Small things that are acquired in early life that initially look and feel inconsequential; like neglect, aversion, low self-esteem and trauma will all impact the life, career and decision-making of a person greatly in later life, and not really in a good way. Quite a majority of these mental hindrances are things acquired during childhood. And that is exactly why the concept of marriage is still viable. It's still a tool to ensure a child's survivability, but this time it's psychological. It's a tool to make sure a child can fully develop psychologically without issues and become a fully functional adult.

Some of you may be born in a broken household and believe that you turned out fine despite that. Well I'm sure sometimes Neanderthal women managed all alone to keep their children survive until adulthood too. You're one of the lucky ones, not all of us who've lived in shattered households can afford such luck. But be wary that due to the constantly developing world we're living in, your children may need to have even more of their psychological developments in-check than you do.

Excuse me for rambling. I kinda just let loose my opinion on things while going too off-topic.

But getting on-topic, it seems like what you look for in a relationship are different to the what the majority look for in relationships. They look to fulfill psychological needs, like companionship, trust and whatnot. People are also even more psychologically fullilled by the knowledge that their significant other is as committed to the relationship as they are, it makes the relationship feel more true and strong for them and that's why sexual exclusivity is still a thing. That's more or less the meaning of it all, and it definitely is fulfilling, for a time at least. You can either say all our psychological problems are finally coming to the spotlight after many years or humans are becoming more psychologically fragile, there isn't much of a difference. It's not your right to accuse someone's psychological pursuits as wrong just because you think it's futile. Because if you really think about it, every fucking thing we do on this planet is useless and futile in the big picture. Our psychological pursuit of ours is simply a product of the evolution of society that we're living in, it's kinda like you're insulting human evolution.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

Perhaps there should be a thread dedicated to hosting and continuing extended arguments from other ones. It would be better than PMs. Someplace where the disagreeing parties can continue their argument, while still allowing others to join in and view the spectacle. Like a gladiatorial arena, but free-to-play! It would not only keep topics such as this one free from the leftover trenches and barbed wire, but it might even allow disagreements that would otherwise have been halted early for the sake of peace to run their full course. Alternatively, it could serve as a dumping ground for out-of place arguments cut-and-pasted by staff out of important topics.

I see everything.

You have a history of going on and on and on, Seattleite. That's why I growl on you the most, because I KNOW what you do and how you behave and react. But most of the time you add insults, however I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't seen a lot of that anymore.

And why am I responding? Cause I'm a fucking moderator. And I tell people what to do, and stop arguments, and keep peace. Police can't keep peace by standing there and watching can they. :P They gotta actually do something. The others, they stopped, made a point, and left it. You still reply with essay amount of information to try and prove them wrong. You are doing it again. Stop. Stop replying. XD Cause I have to reply to you and tell you to stop!! But if you reply to that, then I have to tell you to stop again and make sure nobody else replies either.

OT: My phone is dying even more. Oh dear. But hey, 30 minutes to go! Then I can eat my lunch I never ate. >.>

I am going to keep this short.

1. I am never the first to insult somebody. I used to be too quick to return fire, which I am working on, but the only time I've insulted somebody first was with Vapymid, because I majorly took offence to his extreme disrespect of the coversation. That is the one time.

2. They didn't leave it either. That is a lie, which we can see is a lie on this page. Ninja stayed in past the topic change.

3. There are other moderators. You don't have to be the one. You have a personal bias against me, and I suspect it is because of the Vapymid incident above.

Take this friendly advice from a former mod with much more experience than you: Leave it to a different mod. That's what I did, it works wonders. This conversation can be over right now. Leave it to somebody else, and there will be nothing to leave.

OT: Very tired and extremely frustrated.

@Judas

We're done, buddy. I'm not even reading it.

@Scampi

We do. It's called "Private Messages". We don't use it enough. I'll have to keep it in mind.

What a shame. I was actually supporting your viewpoint in a way.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

That's fine and all, but I just don't want it continuing here. Maybe we can copy+paste it to serious topics and I'll join in tomorrow. Or the day after. Or never, who knows.

If anyone says anymore about that whole relationship thing, I am going to start knocking some heads against the floor. X3

Please, move the topic somewhere else.

@Seattleite: If you want to complain about how I moderate, PM me.

And no, I'm not biased cause of Vappy. X3 Even though he is the most cutest thing I've ever seen, not afraid to smash his head against the ground either. :P Sorry, love.

@Judas: Also, the whole bunch of that post of yours wasn't needed. Discussion was over, no need to add fuel to it.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

If anyone says anymore about that whole relationship thing, I am going to start knocking some heads against the floor. X3

Please, move the topic somewhere else.

Ninja'd.

@Seattleite: If you want to complain about how I moderate, PM me.

I used to do that, then a moderator banned me for disagreeing with them on a thread closure and nobody could see what happened because it was in PM. Not saying you'd do that, I don't think you would, but surely you understand my caution.

And no, I'm not biased cause of Vappy. X3 Even though he is the most cutest thing I've ever seen, not afraid to smash his head against the ground either. :P Sorry, love.

I have my doubts. No further comment.

@Judas: Also, the whole bunch of that post of yours wasn't needed. Discussion was over, no need to add fuel to it.

Double ninja'd.

Currently feeling: Awestruck, a tad speechless, and severely disappointed with basically all of you at the turn of event's right here.

C'mon, guys. I once said that we're better than this and I would love to keep thinking that...

Retired Forum Moderator

Well, if it makes you feel better, we're still doing great by internet standards. Outstanding, even.

Currently feeling: Awestruck, a tad speechless, and severely disappointed with basically all of you at the turn of event's right here.

Agreed, this is absolutely fucking maddening.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I used to do that, then a moderator banned me for disagreeing with them on a thread closure and nobody could see what happened because it was in PM. Not saying you'd do that, I don't think you would, but surely you understand my caution.

Yeah, I understand the caution. People can be weird. X3

Well, if it makes you feel better, we're still doing great by internet standards. Outstanding, even.

I'm loving the optimism. XP +10 points to you.

OT: I got home, but now I have no idea what to do. >.> So... lost in my own house. :P

Feels bad, man.

-------

So the weather has turned from hot to cold and rainy in the span of a single night which has given me barometer head like I've never had before. On top of that, the cold air has my carpel tunnel in both wrists full blast. Both my elbows are starting to pop and ache, I'm once again dead in the center of a severe bout of insomnia and the audio hallucinations have been going for an hour now and this has all left me pretty miserable.

I'm currently a warm-blooded pile of first-world problems and no one can stop me from complaining about it.

Retired Forum Moderator

That just makes me sad for the whole internet, not happy for us.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Aww, sorry to hear that, Blighty. :( Maybe having a cup of tea will help to calm the senses and help you sleep, perhaps?

-------