Share your feelings!

For every person who replies to Seattleite or adds to the discussion, I will murder a puppy. XD If you want to save the puppies, then shuddup. Vappy, if you say anything, I'll murder kittens instead, and force you to eat a soup consisting of maggots and goldfish. X3

I'll take care of those animals for you... I promise it'll be humane. They won't even feel it. *Clearly getting extra bags of pet food, bowls and collars.* Uh... That's not related. Totally not going to keep them. You didn't see anything.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Just had to do a god damn system restore to LAST WEEK because the latest update for my GTX 760 fucked up my computer. So kinda really pissed off. The only saving grace is everything seems fine and my save files for my games are intact.

Just had to do a god damn system restore to LAST WEEK because the latest update for my GTX 760 fucked up my computer. So kinda really pissed off. The only saving grace is everything seems fine and my save files for my games are intact.

rule of IT- back up everything. I hope "superman" crystals will be worked into USB-like thingies soon. Would love to have practically undestructable storage devices.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

@Bidet: I remember updating my graphics card once... Did it with the wrong driver... Fucked up my computer, made Intel the main graphics driver for some friggin reason and NVIDIA was just sitting on its arse. Somehow that broke my internet - don't even ask why... - and when I finally managed to fix my graphics card thing, then I upgraded to Windows 10 - just to see if it would fix my internet. And it did. XD My laptop is so old... And so fucked... I don't even understand what it wants from me anymore.

OT: Randomly proud that this thread I created is now over 40 pages long. But also kinda annoyed that I have work today. I've been so tired lately and stressed from the most stupidest of things. X3 I just want to sleep for the whole day.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I am quite honhestly annoyed.

I've been job hunting for a while now, got into one program that helps young people to find job. So i have found a job, only problem is that i have to be excluded from school to get that job (i already have the job tho, so its secure- reason for having to not be in school is that its trough the branch of goverment that helps unemployed). Not a big problem, because i only have final project to defend, though i can only do it in june at earliest (due to me having taken.. whatdoyoucallit.. study vacation(?) last year). So, using law that was enforced this year that allows me to regain entrance and graduate, i wrote application to school to exclude me from schools list. All talked over, i can get back in with relatively short notice if i want, no problem. Also family doesnt give me grief about it (quite rare thing to be fair), so thats good.

So why i am annoyed, even though for first time in years things seem to be coming together nicely? My mother. She wants me to go back to the job in local wood industry (she works there as well, not best position, but not worst either, the position she works in). Now, i was working there for few months recently. hours and pay were bad in position i was in (minimum wage), job so as well. I understand she thinks i need money (which i do, but due to me saving, its not critical), but i have told her repeatedly, that i already have a job, a job where i can put my learned skill (IT tech) to use, job i like, where i can refine my final project and have very real chance of landing job in good company (as the employer already promised to help me find better job- and thats her job, to help young people like me get a job. And she has connections. lot of them.), where i do earn less due to hours i work, but as already said, its job i've learned for.

And what she does? she mentions her boss that i want to work there- WITHOUT talking to me first. Oh and i'd have go talk with boss tomorrow. I felt like a rat when i turned it down and knowing her, she probably manages to present it to my rest of the family so, that they start pushing me there and i will end up in fights with them and even bigger rat.

But quite honhestly, i feel i need to do this, because up until now, i've let my family point me in all kinds of directions with only 2 real choices of my own- choosing to study IT and now this. I know they try to help me, but quite honhestly, their help has left me in dead end with huge depression i spent years coming out and quite frankly- not even fully out of it yet. So as much as they dislike it, i need to start living my goddamn life with my own decisions. If current desicion is mistake, even that actually helps, as you learn from each mistake.

I know in short-term, this decision i made will suck for me, for my family (as i probably need some financial help from them at some point), but for long-term, i can see it as opportunity to get good job and life on track and finally out of this downward spiral (or at least circle).

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

You've made the right choice, man...

It's your life and your future - can't let your family decide on it for you. Sure, accept help and assistance from them if you need it and feel like it but, you know - if it all goes pear-shape, they will be the first ones to blame you for following their "advice" :D

So... stand firm. :-)

Regards

Agreed. The intentions are usually good and well-meaning, but parents need to understand that their children have their own lives to lead, on their own terms. Something my bandmate's dad needs to realise.

OT: Feeling good - I've organised my first singing lessons with a friend who's giving me mate's rates. Need to prepare a song for it. Can't wait to start training my voice :D

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Doing that thing again where I accidentally bum myself out lol.

I went searching through some old topics for something and kept stopping to read how I responded and posted.

Like... what happened? There's no traces of that bitter, jaded attitude that seems to want to work it's way into all my posts now... Something fucked me up when I wasn't looking and I need to find and remove it from my life ASAP. I do NOT like my attitude as of late. Granted these were like 3+ years ago but that's a heck of a change in 3 years.

Retired Forum Moderator

I feel like the opposite. I used to be such a dick. XD But I think I'm getting better...

Like, I would see my YouTube posts or whatever from 4 years ago, or just random comments scattered around the place and my conversations with people in the past - and woooow... I was such a jerk. X3

EDIT: Wait, this sounds like I'm calling you a dick. Noooo, that's not what I'm aiming for. XD Sorry. Misleading post. You're great. :D

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Oh, so YOU took it from me! GIMME BACK! D:

Edit: More seriously I'm sure it's stress and I have an idea of the origins behind it. Problem is that's not necessarily an easy thing to fix.

Retired Forum Moderator

I get where you're coming from. To be brutally honest I've been holding down a bunch of bile for a while now, because letting it surface won't do anything helpful. Like, I've been tempted to say some really sarcastic/passive aggressive/outright critical things on here lately, but I don't want to bring the place down with bad feelings.

And I guess that's partly due to an underlying bad mood that I've been in for a long time. And that's not a good way to deal with it.

My aunt still has leukemia. I am still stuck here. It is still entirely possible a family member I have been close to for most of my life will die before I see them again. Still kinda, you know, bummed about that whole thing. With that stuff.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I get where you're coming from. To be brutally honest I've been holding down a bunch of bile for a while now, because letting it surface won't do anything helpful. Like, I've been tempted to say some really sarcastic/passive aggressive/outright critical things on here lately, but I don't want to bring the place down with bad feelings.

And I guess that's partly due to an underlying bad mood that I've been in for a long time. And that's not a good way to deal with it.

Hey, if it's anything about me, by all means voice it... I don't get offended that easily. :)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I stole Rarity and Binky's good mood. XP Sorry.

-------

mood vampire jeb :D

Hey, if it's anything about me, by all means voice it... I don't get offended that easily. :)

Nah, you're fine, as is everyone on the forum. It's the odd comment/attitude that rubs me up the wrong way, and a part of me feels like going off on one. Essentially it'd be taking out IRL frustration on OTI people, and no good would come out of it. Got a bunch of uncertainly on my mind, and it's making me want to go "FUCK YOU" to the whole world.

Nothing means more to me than seeing people happy from my work. If I make a joke and somebody laughs, that makes me so happy. If somebody laughs at something funny in my artwork, I feel absolutely incredible. So... seeing the comments on this... Endermite Encounter - Slamacow Fanart

Geeeez... :D I feel so happy. I made somebody laugh! Hehe, all the way across the world. Wow... If only they knew just how much it means to me. I absolutely thrive off of this stuff. X3 So...

Summary: I feel really really good! :3

-------

"When I auditioned him and heard him sing, I immediately thought there must be something wrong with him personality-wise or that he had to be impossible to work with, because I just could not understand why, after he told me he'd been singing for a few years already, he hadn't become a big name yet."

This is the Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page talking about Robert Plant's audition.

Funny thing is, this is kinda how I see single people at the moment. Whenever I meet a new attractive girl and if she's single, it makes me think, "There must be a big reason why she's still single. Maybe she has a shit personality or is impossible to live with.", and i automatically feel less attracted to her. Funnily enough, I find myself more attracted to women who are already in a relationship because of the opposite excuse.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

I don't think you quite got the meaning of the quote you used... which was that the first impressions and preconceived notions are often misleading.

You seem to think it actually justifies you stereotyping women for reasons of your own insecurities and fears.

Oh, and do you have any age cutoff for that "has to be married to be worth trying" criteria? 20? 18? 16? 12?

If you value a woman's personality in a relationship so much, why don't you make an effort and get to know her to judge for yourself, rather that relying on other men checking her up first and giving you all-clear?

And, of course, the simple answer - that the woman in question may have chosen to remain single because she hasn't yet met a man worthy of her attention - is that so inconceivable? Or that she may have been in a relationship and has broken it off because she was unsatisfied with the quality of the man?

@Jeb - you definitely made me laugh, darling! :lol: Even though I had no idea who these characters were and I never actually play Minecraft myself... hehe... That drawing is just so nice! All your usual production values and style are there in full for our enjoyment :D Thanks for sharing :D

Regards