Share your feelings!

Got a tetanus shot Monday, and now my entire side is feeling it... It's no pleasant. It's like my entire shoulder area is a bruise, and the rest is similar to when I have a really bad case of the flu. The other side is almost completely unaffected.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've got a mate at school who I've been hanging out with more and more and I'm really really enjoying the time I have with him. But I'm worried I'm being too loud and clingy. XD We've shared a bunch of contact details, Steam, DeviantArt, all that guff. We're going to be getting into playing Diablo III together and we're even working on an art collaboration piece. So, I'm rather mixed. XP Concerned I'm taking things too ecstatically, but really happy. Hmmm...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Tell him that, and ask him what he thinks. Most men will take it well, and you'll find out if it's going to push him away or not. (but beware, just in case he ends up being one of those that's trying to manipulate you)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I feel undescribably well! Iceland defeated Austria 2-1 and that means Iceland is in play-offs (facing England- tough nut to crack that one). Its incredible feeling, really.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Was recently on the in a small village in Ukraine, in the conflict zone. There was no hot water, but the internet was twice as fast as in the States. W H Y

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Was recently on the in a small village in Ukraine, in the conflict zone. There was no hot water, but the internet was twice as fast as in the States. W H Y

simple mate- nations who were under soviet rule value freedom of speech highly & internet is literally best place to practise it

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Again, Iceland! bloody hell, its so darn amazing and great! Football at its best- small nation who was tought to be outsider comes & eliminates England! And not with bad game!

Finally had my first real good cry about my uncle dying a few months ago. Feelings are really weird and everything I think I have mine figured out, that part of the brain throws the rest of it a curveball.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

^It's alright, man. It sometimes some takes time for emotions to sink after the fact.

OT: I'm feeling nostalgic over this old gaming forum I used to join back when I was an internet newbie some years ago:

HtAC3xe.png

The site died sometime around '13-'14, but I found out about it last year. It was sad for me really, as it was my 1st exposure to an online community, as well as for gaming. I used to play their releases of Half-Life, Counter Strike and Gmod back when I couldn't afford them on Steam. Anyway, I did a search recently if i can anything about that forum, for old time's sake, and I found out there's a web shop based in Malta that used the same name, and I spotted something familiar about the logo:

digitialzone-logo.png

I thought it looked interesting and amusing. I'm not sure if either one of them ripped off the logo from each other, but it didn't matter. It did take me back to a certain website in time though.

Welp, now what?

Finally had my first real good cry about my uncle dying a few months ago. Feelings are really weird and everything I think I have mine figured out, that part of the brain throws the rest of it a curveball.

I understand this feeling all too well. Earlier this year a friend of mine died and while it was shocking and upsetting at the time, it wasn't until about to weeks later did it hit me so hard I just broke down in tears on the spot with no warning.

OT: got that sinking feeling in me now. Still not entirely over that and every so often I have to fight choking up.

Retired Forum Moderator

had same with my father really- i guess its when your brains enters some sort of state of denial, that you know he isnt coming back, but you still cant believe hes gone. Then days, weeks or even months later it hits like a train.

Ecstatic and excited to be working on my project right now.

One of the biggest things bothering me was how to do a work around for our hacked together NPC animations what with us using a system not entirely what it was intended for. Basically we are using 2d Sprites in a 3d space for the npc's and depending on where you look at them from you see either the front, back, or the sides. Well for this to work properly every perspective needs to have it's own sprite animation set. This resulted in a mess of animation flow charts that was incredibly inefficient and damn near impossible to work with code wise.

Then I found something called the Animation Override Controller.

"This allows you to create multiple variants of the same basic state machine, but with each using different sets of animations."

So basically I can use the same flowchart (idle to walk to run) for all 4 perspectives and only need to swap controllers in the code on perspective change.

THIS MAKES IT TRIVIALLY EASY OMG.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm feeling lonely. X3 All my friends are asleep/away. Somebody chat with me. XD

@Rarity: I have to say, your programming work just... freaking astounds me. XD I really wish I could do shit like that.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I feel like total shit.These past few days have been infuriating.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

@Rarity: I have to say, your programming work just... freaking astounds me. XD I really wish I could do shit like that.

I once wrote my own control scheme for Unity because the one Unity had implemented can't be rebound in game and just all around sucked. I converted the keycodes to strings, saved them in playerprefs and that was pretty much it but the amount of functionality I had just gained was astounding. Let me put it this way if I felt like binding a function to the num lock or system requirements key in game I could totally do that now. It was an impressive amount of work that I did all by myself with no help. :D

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I converted the keycodes to strings, saved them in playerprefs and that was pretty much it but the amount of functionality I had just gained was astounding.

I kinda want to be able to do that without playerprefs but to do so I basically need to tear a hole in the fabric of space via clever application of C#. Why they don't just let you do from the MonoBehaviour library baffles me.

@Jeb: Thank you. :D Though this time it was more a self-directed crash course in Unity's animation system and believe me there was crashing. Both metaphorically AND literally. I locked it up 3 times somehow...

OT: Incredibly exhausted. If I was a smart person I would have stopped coding about 4 hours ago when my mind's eye passed away and my short term memory retention left the country, but nope. Here I am. Coding custom 0-360 degree angle checks on a single axis.

Edit:

int anglePadding = 45;

Vector3 direction = (target.transform.position - transform.position);
float angle = Quaternion.FromToRotation(direction, transform.forward).eulerAngles.y;

if(angle < 360 - anglePadding || angle >= 0 + anglePadding)
{
    // Conditions for if target is in front of the player
}

Well it works. I'm going to sleep.

Retired Forum Moderator