Share your feelings!

I am depressed as all hell. My girlfriend attempted suicide a couple days ago. Drank two bottles of Everclear, trying to die of alcohol poisoning. She was having a psychotic episode at the time, and it's not something she'd normally do, but it still depresses the hell out of me. She said I only stay with her because I feel sorry for her. That's not true, there's a lot more to it than that by now, but it really stings hearing that because I know that if she'd said that ten years ago she would have been right. I sound like a horrible person saying it, but it would make my whole life easier if I could just not care. But I can't. So I can't just be glad she's okay now and move on, I have to sit here and tear myself apart about what ways I might have possibly been guilty over something I know wasn't my fault and nobody said it was. And I feel like a fucking moron doing it, but here I am, and I can't help it.

This isn't going anywhere. I'm just going to go and take my crippling depression elsewhere now.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Alright. Everyone reload the hug train and move to station Seattleite. Got a code red shipment of hugs needed.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. :( Love is complicated and it does hurt. I don't think she means it though. From what I understand, she may just be angry and tired and stressed, and is blurting out whatever comes to mind. Just be there for her as much as you can. ^_^

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Currently feeling fantastic!

Went to the hardware store and talked to one of the guys there. He recommended me a really nice headset and I slightly fell in love with it. X3 It's so good. Now, eating, and once I'm home, I'm going to do my homework! I am MOTIVATED DAMMIT.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

What headset brand/model?

OT: Sore and slightly frustrated. Been on my feet all day working, and turns out I didn't actually have to. (my fault, but I forgot about 2 days of work a few weeks ago)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I've ALWAYS used Logitech so I kinda had to follow the brand. X3

It's a Logitech USB Headset H40. Judge me all you like. :P I like it. I'm used to having people judge me for my poor technology choices. X3

Bring it.

It's got a smaller USB port so no more bending, it's got a smaller mic but it's better quality than my old one, and my hair won't get freaking stuck in these one. I swear. It's also just more comfortable. I'll keep my old ones though. THey're not ocmpletely broken so I can just give them to my sister or something. X3

-------

Jeb, personally, I'm more concerned about her trying to commit suicide than I am about the unkind things she said about me before she did.

Understandably. Fortunately, I've never had a friend who's tried to commit suicide, the bad side is I don't know how to help anyone who has or is going through that experience. :S I'm sorry.

-------

I'm worried about something. I don't know what that is though, and that makes me worry more.

This kinda worry feedback is a weekly phenomenon with me.

Retired Forum Moderator

I've ALWAYS used Logitech so I kinda had to follow the brand. X3

It's a Logitech USB Headset H40. Judge me all you like. :P I like it. I'm used to having people judge me for my poor technology choices. X3

Bring it.

Logitech headsets are very decent for consumer-grade products. I use their mice exclusively, with good reason. (got a G700, and it took a few dozen hits through a backpack from 20-50 lb steel wedges from welding class, and one direct hit from a red hot plate, all with no damage)

Understandably. Fortunately, I've never had a friend who's tried to commit suicide, the bad side is I don't know how to help anyone who has or is going through that experience. :S I'm sorry.

I have, have had successful suicides, and even attempted it myself once... (couldn't find the ammo, or I would never have been a part of this forum) There's really nothing that can be done by anyone except those that are directly affected, except to let them know that you're there if they need someone. I think Seattleite knows we're always here for him... If not, he's blind. ;)

I'm worried about something. I don't know what that is though, and that makes me worry more.

This kinda worry feedback is a weekly phenomenon with me.

It's about the pending doom of the unnamed species that is about to go extinct... Of course it will affect nothing in everyday lives, but it's good to feel its passing in such a profound way.

Yeah, BTG. I know. But it's a bit different when the person in question is mentally ill, whether they're functional in society (as she is) or not. It's awfully hard to comfort somebody when they're paranoid and schizophrenic. She's fine most of the time, any other time what I said, what little I managed to say, would have helped her out. But she was having an episode, that changes everything, and I suspect my attempt to calm her down actually made her episode worse.

I have a friend who's mentally ill in many many ways. X3 She gets like, 2 hours of sleep, and complains most of the time. But... I'm literally her only friend so I kinda put up with it. I just be there for her and that makes her happy enough. I don't think it works the same for you though, Seattle. :I Sorry.

-------

Currently feeling: Kinda conflicted.

"Playing" PayDay2 with my boyfriend and his friend. The two guys I'll be living with for the rest of my days in a couple of years. And eh. His friend and I make fun of each other a lot, but it's not really a healthy friendship. I can tell we're going to start hating each other. X3 We play PayDay, my game crashes, but the two are so happily chatting to each other. They don't even mention me for a few minutes. Perhaps it's cause I'm quiet though. I dunno. I was thinking it'd be for all 3 of us to play, but I feel like I'm being excluded.

EDIT: Decided to just kinda disconnect so they could have their own fun. X3 Since... they were already doing so. They didn't even bat an eye. Eh. Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, as long as they're happy, it's fine.

-------

Didn't you do that a week or two ago? Sounds like you're probly going to start resenting them both, or grow apart from either/both if that's what happens regularly right now.

OT: Tired, yet not to the point where I will be able to sleep.

You know, Jeb, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Your boyfriend needs somebody to be around when he's not with you, and he's not always going to be with you. You don't have to like all of your significant other's friends, and it's probably better if you don't. It both accommodates all of their tastes, provides a good reason for you to have friends they don't like, and gives you two a reason to spend a little time apart every now and then so your relationship doesn't get strained. It's normal, it's healthy, and overall it's a positive thing.

OT: Buzzed, but now drunk. Having a fair bit of fun, but it's 90% nostalgia.

I'm feeling chilled, but motivated. Everything has been sorted out for next month's vote (I'm registered in two places, which is fine so long as I only vote once). Also going to the cinema with a friend tonight - bonus!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Still bored, but enjoying the nostalgia of being able to use the threat of being banned from the TF2 server in the war as an effective weapon.

Had a weird but cool moment this morning. I had my mother drop me off at the convenience store near my school so I could get some breakfast. As I walked across the highway, I approached the gravel parking lot, big sign on the grass displaying the directions and how far away each town is from here. I really got this "Zombie apocalypse" vibe. Which was awesome. I had a duffel bag (what I use for school), a trendy black jacket, and was about to scrounge the store for all its worth. I think the sign and the gravelly look of the place really added to the feel. It was cool. :3

Of course. I'd never want a Zombie apocalypse to ACTUALLY happen. But if it did, just saying, I DO have my strategies planned out. Go to the abandoned warehouses in the next town. It's blocked off by a huge wire fence so it's perfect for defending. And no one has touched the place since. X3

The other idea was go to the highschool near where I live and just board up the place, real heavily. But I guessed it would be a hot spot for other teenagers so my preference is the warehouses.

-------

I like to think my situation is pretty ideal if there were an actual zombie apocalypse. My house is in a quiet small neighborhood with only one road into it in the foothills of a mountain. There are several natural growing edible fruits and vegetables as well as some gardens around. Access to the mountains allows for hunting and I do have my own bow should it come to that. Assuming none of the zombies figure out how to get up there without falling off the cliff next to the canyon road, the road into the neighborhood is very narrow and would be relatively simple to block. All our drinking water comes from a natural well up there so even if we lose power and running water I can always tap into that.

Feeling quite happy. This past month I've made someones entire week and contributed to helping a favorite artist keep his house through donation. Something about making other people happy and feel good makes me feel good in return.

Retired Forum Moderator

Good job! That's quite a nice plan you have there. X3 I like it.

Currently feeling: Relaxed!

-------