Serious topic or forum game?

Sign in to follow this  

There's also other factors to these events, you just can't blame everything on WW1.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Of course there is. There ALWAYS is. That changes nothing. These things would not have happened as they did without the first world war, ESPECIALLY the Ottoman collapse, which would have happened slowly enough to be divided properly, avoiding the present turmoil in the middle east, and the rise of the USSR, which might not have happened at all and Stalin would definitely not have been involved because Lenin only included him at all. (And without Stalin, the USSR would have been completely different.)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

So what you're saying is that because WWI happened, these events would NOT have happened? Without the caveat of WWI being required for the event to occur at all, it is correlation, not causation.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, maybe not NOT have happened, but certainly not in the way they did. There may not have been the boom of the 'Roaring 20s', and using the notion that WWI created WWII, we wouldn't have had the Baby Boom either. Technology really benefited from the conflicts.

Also, I call upon a Mod to rename this "Effects of World War I" and move it to the Serious Topic Board.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I agree that WW1 had some effect on things like WW2, but not completely caused/effected pretty much everything, modern-ish events like 9/11, it's just crazy to think such a thing is possible. That's like saying because of the video game crash, we have all of these school shootings, bombings/bomb threats, (some) corrupt cops, swatting (alright, that one I'll give you that, cause that is true). 9/11, etc. Also, like BTG said, if you really wanted to, you could make it seem like everything is connected to WW1.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I agree that WW1 had some effect on things like WW2, but not completely caused/effected pretty much everything, modern-ish events like 9/11, it's just crazy to think such a thing is possible.

You might be surprised. The Western World tampering with a the Middle East has a lot to do with Anti-West sentiment and extremism. If not so much WWI, then events such as the Crusades and Colonies definitely.

The things we're seeing now have been on a very slow boil.

The Western World tampering with a the Middle East has a lot to do with Anti-West sentiment and extremism. If not so much WWI, then events such as the Crusades and Colonies definitely.

Actually, the primary influence wouldn't be from any of that, but rather from the Cold War... Remember, the USA and Russia supplied arms to two sides in a conflict down there back then, and we're still paying for it. (this is documented influence causation)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Good point. Was that...Afghanistan? I need to take some time out and read up more on these Wars.