Quick May Update

No, jokes like that are avoidable. Ross has a right to remain silent as much as he wants (although I know it's not reccomendable to stay silent for long times) Anyways, I don't see any logic in joking like this when you don't hear about a person for a month, unless you wish them something bad. I find it extremely childish. People are able to express their concern in more normal ways.

Thank you ScottD for replying to me earlier. I'm happy I got attention of two people on the forum, so at least two people understand where I come from. I wish to finish this topic now.

Unless it occurs necessary again.

In the topic about Wolfenstein I've written a bad taste and brutal joke about Ross's absence. I've been an idiot. I apologize to Ross and Magda. It won't happen again.

Ross, I sent you an email the other day. It was about mics (I'm not sure how many emails you get/how often you read all of them); I'm an audio tech/music business student so I sent you what I know. Also, don't take advice from live sound guys (well, I won't say ignore it, but take it with a grain of salt.) Live sound is almost a totally different world to video/production sound, so stuff that works in those areas will not necessarily work well at all for what you'd use it for. I learned that the hard way.

Have you ever played Isle of the Dead? It's an old DOS game that has every quality of a Game Dungeon game. If you haven't, give it a looksee.

Also, this is my first post on here. So, hello everyone. I'm Trevor and I do stuff on things. I think I'll stick around for a while.

EDIT: I realize how pretentious I sounded. I apologize - wasn't my intention.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

If you're feeling gracious, check out my band on SoundCloud. ----> http://www.Soundcloud.com/Luke-and-the-somethings

EDIT: I realize how pretentious I sounded. I apologize - wasn't my intention.

At least you know how to edit, and apologize. You'll fit right in.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

No, jokes like that are avoidable. Ross has a right to remain silent as much as he wants (although I know it's not reccomendable to stay silent for long times) Anyways, I don't see any logic in joking like this when you don't hear about a person for a month, unless you wish them something bad. I find it extremely childish. People are able to express their concern in more normal ways.

Thank you ScottD for replying to me earlier. I'm happy I got attention of two people on the forum, so at least two people understand where I come from. I wish to finish this topic now.

In the topic about Wolfenstein I've written a bad taste and brutal joke about Ross's absence. I've been an idiot. I apologize to Ross and Magda. It won't happen again.

I somehow didn't notice it... I guess... Thank you for apologizing.

I dunno what to say. I don't mean to make peole feel guilty, just stop making fun of something a bit too serious that I treat personally. I appreciate your comment.

I think this topic is solved.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

As someone who has literally almost died before, it doesn't bother me, but Magda can be pretty sensitive about things.

I sent you a PM regarding the lavalier mic. I wasn't sure if that was the proper method of contacting you about this. I did send you a PM the other day about a microphone that was at a huge discount, but the deal's probably ended by now and it wasn't a lavalier mic, anyway. So, if you haven't read that one yet, just ignore it now.
Thanks, I'll look it over a little later.

I've never actually USED dosbox personally so I don't know the answer, but does it provide 'save states' for the entire emulation engine?
Nope.

Ross, I sent you an email the other day. It was about mics (I'm not sure how many emails you get/how often you read all of them); I'm an audio tech/music business student so I sent you what I know. Also, don't take advice from live sound guys (well, I won't say ignore it, but take it with a grain of salt.)
I've gotten it, I'm neglecting most email again until I finish the next video, which keeps dragging on.

I'm neglecting most email again until I finish the next video, which keeps dragging on.

There should also be another one in there from my friend about the mic.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

As someone who has literally almost died before, it doesn't bother me, but Magda can be pretty sensitive about things.

Didnt you mention how you did once, I remember you said you had a scar on your neck near your carotid artery (not sure where it was but I have to have assumed you got hit with a hockey skate blade or something

I wanted to see if you would reference Episode 4 of Freemans Mind when I said I thought you were but I guess that didnt happen but since Magda asked me not to make a joke like that again, I will not do so and respect her wish about it

I can say Death I Kid you not follows me like a fucking shadow it seems..... (so its hard for me not to make jokes about it since it does seem to follow me everywhere)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I just had a great idea least i think its something that hasn't been done yet but if anyone has ever enjoyed watching those historical documentaries imagine one done in the machinima style!

Back by popular demand!

I did a partial test of Steam Inhome Streaming over Vpn.

1) I setup a VPN on my router, and connected to my home network on my laptop via my phone hotspot.

2) Steam in home streaming does work over a vpn.

3) Steam in home streaming does work with non-steam programs.

3) It wasn't acceptable for Super Hexagon at super high graphics settings.

4) Dwarf fortress worked great!

5) It supports hot swapping flawlessly. Not only that, it supports simultaneous input. I was able to do a ctrl+> hotkey combo with one key pressed on two different computers, how cool is that? You could do Star Control II Super Melee this way.

6) I then ran out of phone data for the month, no more testing from me unless I go to McDonalds, sorry.

7) I don't know if it applies a wrapper that would do anything funny to recording. My guess is it would not.

8) Obviously lower resolution games would not need as much bandwidth. No real way to know if Wolfenstein would work, but Master of Magic or Adventure Construction Set would be a blast. Plus Adventure Construction set REQUIRES hot swapping for the multiplayer. :)

sounds like Presence has it all sorted out with his devices, but it may not the same for ross unless he has someone on the other side doing it aswell for the hotkeys and all that

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

sounds like Presence has it all sorted out with his devices, but it may not the same for ross unless he has someone on the other side doing it aswell for the hotkeys and all that

What? It's a hack and kind of kludgy, but it's not THAT kludgy. I know I didn't post any kind of walkthrough, but the whole point of my theory was to find something easy for all parties that is free and doesn't require much networking experience.

1. Steam is free, available on all major platforms, and supports streaming of basically any application via "Add non-steam game to steam". It's easy to use and most gamers will have steam or won't mind installing it. Steam is trustworthy. You DO want to create a dummy account for both parties to use since this method requires both users be logged into the same account at once. Both computers will need to be validated during the first login. The client party needs to start the game with the stream option, but that's about it for starting a hotswappable game.

2. VPN is available on all major platforms, and a router that can manage one up for you is not expensive. It's super easy to access a VPN in windows at least.

Ross! I was worried that the anthropomorphic frog people living in the sewers had kidnapped you. I'm glad to see this is not so.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite site on the extranet.

Ross! I was worried that the anthropomorphic frog people living in the sewers had kidnapped you. I'm glad to see this is not so.

I dont think there are anthromorphic frog people living in the sewers Shephard you're just being paranoid ;) (NAME THE REFERENCE YO!)

I dont think there are anthromorphic frog people living in the sewers Shephard you're just being paranoid ;) (NAME THE REFERENCE YO!)

Theres no race of anthropomorphic frog people living in the sewers Freeman, your just being paranoid.

Forget citations; we just witnessed three consecutive people on the internet spell 'anthropomorphic' correctly. That's remarkable on its own.

I'm assuming you reference the Shephard from Opposing Force, rather than my own moniker.

Forget citations; we just witnessed three consecutive people on the internet spell 'anthropomorphic' correctly. That's remarkable on its own.

Yet someone still got "you're" wrong...

Can't win 'em all, I suppose.

I'm just glad we can win any of em.

Theres no race of anthropomorphic frog people living in the sewers Freeman, your just being paranoid.

I'm assuming you reference the Shephard from Opposing Force, rather than my own moniker.

I was referencing the Freemans Mind Episode which was I believe 28 or 29, where Freemans in the tunnels disucssing paranoia and how he isnt paranoid.....and if he was he would have a right to be since he did see alot of shit and did go to another planet aswell, I dont think anyone else has done something like that, not even Izzy, Magnusson or even Eli did that, I think Collette and Gina did but do they count really?