Minecraft 'Private' Server

Sign in to follow this  

If it's the one at spawn, it just doesn't work, much like the door. It's not lag, it's probably spawn protection.

the name's riley

Did you wait for all the chunks to load? I'm on the same computer as the server, and I have to wait for chunk loading too. (with the same exact issue until chunks are loaded)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Update, on my main server I have a semi-nearby mountaintop with a Nether portal and an End portal... (I didn't want to have to run all the way out to its original location just to go to the End)

The End also has a nice water bordered well lit walkway, so it's safe to stare at Endermen while there, and it's a lot easier to mine Endstone safely. DO NOT TAKE OBSIDIAN OR GLOWSTONE FROM THE WALKWAY!!! (it's 1 block thick, and the Void will be your destination if you fall through) I had to disassemble most of a tower to build the walkway, and that took FOREVER. (not to mention the extensive time spent in the Nether collecting Glowstone)

The Tree in Knapford should be a lot easier to get to and is 80% safer around it's base. Knapford spawn in general should be slightly safer. Remember you don't need to go several kilometers out to build and mine, the spawn is still fresh with resources and you can build there as well.

My mountain dwelling is almost complete. I have the most important carved out and even filled in with Andesite and Granite.

It took so much Andesite that I had to cut a hole in my bedroom to get at another deposit behind the wall just to get enough. Fortunately there's enough in that mountain for the house so no one needs to worry about me taking it all from elsewhere.

Retired Forum Moderator

Difficulty on Knapford defaults to Peaceful on server restart. Unless BTG sets it himself anyone who needs items from monsters have to wait until I get on to set it myself.

I'm available most of the time... Either message me through Steam, or check and see if I'm on one of the servers and message me there.

Added a Nether portal to the Knapford town square and lit a lot of the upper branches of The Tree. It should be much safer now but still be careful when heading on up.

Mumble's better for the constant server where you can just pop in and chat, maybe have some different channels, etc. I prefer it to Skype personally.

I'm guessing you placed the Ender Chest next to my stuff, BTG. Apparently it's some sort of networked chest with all other Ender Chests.

Unfortunately the server is too laggy for me to play. X3

Opened a chest... three minute ago. Still hasn't opened. So I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sorry!

Give it five minutes or so. It takes ages to load all the chunks (slow hard drive I'm guessing?). ONCE that's done, it'll play fine and is relatively lagless. If you try doing anything before that, any actions you take (movement, etc) will not take effect.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I'm guessing you placed the Ender Chest next to my stuff, BTG. Apparently it's some sort of networked chest with all other Ender Chests.

I did. It stores your items in limbo, so even if ever Ender Chest in the world is destroyed, you merely have to place another to get your items. You are also the only one able to access your items. (each player access his own 'chest' when they open an Ender Chest) I figure it to be a good item for everyone to have at least one of. If you need to move it, I'd be happy to do so for you.

Unfortunately the server is too laggy for me to play. X3

Opened a chest... three minute ago. Still hasn't opened. So I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sorry!

Give it five minutes or so. It takes ages to load all the chunks (slow hard drive I'm guessing?). ONCE that's done, it'll play fine and is relatively lagless. If you try doing anything before that, any actions you take (movement, etc) will not take effect.

There also was the issue of spawn protection, which I have disabled on both servers. That starter item chest should now be accessible along with my house, my basement with the full set of enchanting equipment, anvil, and brewing stand. If it isn't, I don't know what's causing those to not work.

Still looking up why skins aren't working...

[EDIT] Skins are not working because the servers are in offline mode. They are in offline for two main reasons...

1. I wanted to be able to use the servers. (I don't own a Minecraft account yet)

2. If the Minecraft official servers and so on go down, (which they apparently frequently do) you can still connect to these servers and continue play without being relegated to the name 'player' and losing EVERYTHING.

Update:

I have completed construction of a major skybridge between the starting area, the Nether Portal, the End Portal, and Jeb's house's vicinity. I will be building an extension to Lord Sinister's house if he wants, and to any other residence that desires connection. (less than 300 blocks distance from existing pathways or hubs please)

I have also completed all construction I have planned in the End, so feel free to go there and mine endstone or obsidian, just make sure not to disturb the walkway or the water within 10 blocks of the walkway. (and don't stare at the Endermen, unless you're standing in water)

I began, and have mostly completed work on the portal arrival site in the Nether... (the walkway is a bit tight vertically, I need to fix that) It is an obsidian shelled fortress lit by glowstone. Please don't mine inside the structure, as there is plenty of stuff to mine outside it. The structure should provide protection from everything except Zombie Pigmen, who apparently can spawn inside the structure without issue. (just don't attack them, and you'll be fine)

Lastly, I have confirmation that all chests and doors near the starting point are now accessible since I disabled the spawn protection. All players should be able to get their starting items and have access to the enchanting room. (it's downstairs) This means that if I don't hear any objection in the next 24 hours, I will be restoring the day/night cycle.

I feel I've finished up the starting area in Knapford, (until I get the save file to fix the lamps) I'll leave the building to others now. (If anyone other than Rarity actually cares to join.)

Update:

I have completed construction of a major skybridge between the starting area, the Nether Portal, the End Portal, and Jeb's house's vicinity. I will be building an extension to Lord Sinister's house if he wants, and to any other residence that desires connection. (less than 300 blocks distance from existing pathways or hubs please)

I have also completed all construction I have planned in the End, so feel free to go there and mine endstone or obsidian, just make sure not to disturb the walkway or the water within 10 blocks of the walkway. (and don't stare at the Endermen, unless you're standing in water)

I began, and have mostly completed work on the portal arrival site in the Nether... (the walkway is a bit tight vertically, I need to fix that) It is an obsidian shelled fortress lit by glowstone. Please don't mine inside the structure, as there is plenty of stuff to mine outside it. The structure should provide protection from everything except Zombie Pigmen, who apparently can spawn inside the structure without issue. (just don't attack them, and you'll be fine)

Lastly, I have confirmation that all chests and doors near the starting point are now accessible since I disabled the spawn protection. All players should be able to get their starting items and have access to the enchanting room. (it's downstairs) This means that if I don't hear any objection in the next 24 hours, I will be restoring the day/night cycle.

Don't go linking it up just yet; I'm far from finished in my structuring of the building. :P

Once I've got that down we can see about either connecting it to some sort of walkway or linking the walkway up to somewhere nearby.

Ok. No rush on it. If you need building materials, just let me know. (I have tons of polished granite and andesite lying around)

[EDIT] I have edited my original thread-starting post to better depict the servers available, and what is on them.

[EDIT2] I have completed construction of a 6 beacon pyramid... It is producing all 6 possible benefits over the starting area. I will also be building a quad pyramid over the skybridge hub later. (it's 2 AM, and I need sleep)

I have restored the full day/night cycle on my server, so enemies do spawn now. (the skybridge is safe though)

Someone keeps putting trees in the way of the top of my tower where I'm building; Can I remove the current dirt/tree/glowstone construction that's currently next to it? There's plenty of trees around the area for now and if we need an area for regular tree production I'm sure we can add one in a convenient area?

That's your area, you can do with it what you will.

In case people were trying to connect last night, and were unable, that was because Comcast had some major downtime with the internet last night. Also, Knapford is down until Kydure is finished tweaking the lanterns in MCedit. (shouldn't be long)

That's your area, you can do with it what you will.

Alrighty then! :D

I have just constructed a small artificial village near the Nether/End portals... It is fully fenced with iron bars, so either enter by dropping from the skybridge, (painful if you don't have feather falling) or by going to one of the two iron doors. The doors are opened by using the switch to the right of the door to enter, or the pressure plate to exit.