Minecraft 'Private' Server

Sign in to follow this  

Update!

I have expanded the Skybridge to have *Under Construction* 2 block wide walkways that lead outwards from the Hub a minimum of 1000 blocks. Enemies will not spawn on it, as it uses bottom-half only slabs. This makes for completely safe transport out to 1000 blocks from the Skybridge Hub. I have also added an accessway to get to the NPC Village via the Skybridge. The Skybridge Hub is also a workshop, storage, and sleeping location for anyone to use.

There is a new Beacon Pyramid at 0/0/0 coords... This marks the new location where I plan to make my final residence. (though my residence will be a lot higher up) That means that apart from the wooden chest in the Starting Zone shelter, everything there is open for anyone to use. (I will be freeing up that wooden chest soon as well)

I also added 16 Iron Golems to the defense of the NPC Village, 4 of which are outside the fence. I did this because 2 zombies managed somehow to spawn inside the fence, and started attacking me and the villagers. The Village is sitting at a population of around 16.

Lastly, I need more people to get on while I'm on so I can get the achievement for throwing diamonds at someone!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The server seems to be down. :(

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah, I had to update my computer last night, so the servers were down until I got up... Servers are up again.

I have had 0 logins to the servers since the 25th... I'm beginning to feel like this is going the way of the last server I hosted. (no logins for a week or more, and a waste of my system resources)

Probably is. AF isn't nearly as active as it was back when you put up that TF2 server and a lot of us probably don't play Minecraft a whole lot either.

the name's riley

Well... If it continues like this, I'll probly just have the servers offline until I want to play on them. (excluding K4's server, unless she wants to host it herself)

I've been distracted with a couple other games recently. (Mount & Blade: Warband and Fall of Eden)

I just got on to Knapford today and I found a cute little area that I plan on building a mill at. I also leveled out some more terrain and finished another room in the apartments.

New update... I have set the random tick rate to 30. That means vines and plants grow 10x faster!

I also finished construction on my new place, and the skybridge section that connects to it. Come visit me if you're so inclined! (beware, it's a 2-3 minute climb) This means the chest in the starter house is open for anyone to use as a temporary residence.

THERE ARE OCELOTS ON THE TOP OF THE SKYBRIDGE HUB!!! (including kittens)

I'm juggling a bunch of games as well as work projects so that's what I haven't been on, but I fully intend to log on eventually. Sometime this coming week for sure.

Retired Forum Moderator

I guess I can make a short list of rules/information that can be pasted/quoted in OP for Knapford.

• Obviously don't destroy anyone's work.

• Feel free to mine anywhere you want. So far nothing has been touched, even near the town.

• Build where ever you want.

• Some rather OP gear act as decoration in some buildings. Please don't attempt to take them.

• Don't take anyone's materials without asking first.

• The game's difficulty automatically gets set to peaceful on server reset due to me derping up the save file. If you need monsters on for materials ask either BTG or me (K4) over steam to set it to normal if it hasn't already.

• You don't need to have an account here on AF to join. I've seen quite a few guest browsing this thread and if you have Minecraft feel free to join.

Quoted.

I also edited my own server description and rules to be easier to read.

I have 1 logon per server in the last week... This is not boding well.

I have 1 logon per server in the last week... This is not boding well.

I've been meaning to log into it, I do try to log in on occasion where I've been tinkering away, but I haven't done anything recently unfortunately. I may do some more work on it later this week.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well, I'm going to take the servers down for a while for system maintenance. (have to run a chkdsk and full defrag, might take all day)

The servers are both now back up and running on my Linux system. This should both improve performance greatly, and reduce my gaming system's file system fragmentation/corruption.

I'll be on. I need to re-learn how to play the game anyway. lol

And you're doing it right now looking like this:

Minecraft%20glitch.png~original

My primary server is now up and running once again... Feel free to join as you see fit. :)