What's your favorite HL 1 moment?

What's your favorite moment in first Half Life?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite moment in first Half Life?

• Black Mesa Inbound/Anomalous Materials
    • Unforeseen Consequences/Office Complex
    • "We've Got Hostiles!"/Blast Pit
    • Power Up/On a Rail
    • Apprehension/Residue Processing
    • Questionable Ethics/Surface Tension
    • Forget About Freeman!/Lambda Core
    • Xen/Gonarch's Lair
    • Interloper/Nihilanth

Sign in to follow this  

Xen for me. I was like "whoa wtf is this place" when I first arrived. I was jumping like crazy for an hour there.

Xen was an another world with diffrent gravity, so I think it's natural, to act a bit unnormal in there.

Xen had great flora. I wish I had that creepy light thing in my room.

Interestingly enough, I believe Xen was generally considered to be one of the weaker sections of Half-Life.

Wow, why?

Beacuse you had to jump over stupid platforms, and if you don't, you were dead!

D<

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Hey, that was my favorite part! I had so much fun using the long jump module, I didn't mind dying over and over

Hey, that was my favorite part! I had so much fun using the long jump module, I didn't mind dying over and over

The only thing that pissed me off was the fact that i dont think the gravity math was right,i mean i fall really slow (i know even if their gravity was like 2 meters/square second you still would die if you fall from high heights but in-game you still fall at slow-motion instead of gaining speed)but then i lose 60 of health ,also the abusing number of mini-nihilants (those bastards who keep shooting balls of energy at you) pissed me off a little since i was low on ammo

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

You could use that monster gun. The weapon with automatic reloading ammo.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

You could use that monster gun. The weapon with automatic reloading ammo.

Ah yes, the hornet gun. That was awesome. I always imagined that would be the weapon of choice for someone who's working with bees. It's basically a portable bee hive.

Nah,bullets work better,SINCE THEY CAN SOLVE 800 PROBLEMS PER MINUTE

Nah,bullets work better,SINCE THEY CAN SOLVE 800 PROBLEMS PER MINUTE

Only when coming out of an MP5.

I doubt that "glock" could do better than maybe 180 problem solves per minute...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The hornet gun gets a few points for having infinte ammo though.

yeah i guess i can use it to kill headcrabs and save ammo for the other enemies,but wait,THERE IS ALMOST NO HEADCRABS ON XEN,JUST THE FREAKIN BABY CRABS,VORTS,GARGANTUAS AND THOSE FREAKIN MINI-NIHILANTS(cant remember their name)

The hornet gun gets a few points for having infinte ammo though.

yeah i guess i can use it to kill headcrabs and save ammo for the other enemies,but wait,THERE IS ALMOST NO HEADCRABS ON XEN,JUST THE FREAKIN BABY CRABS,VORTS,GARGANTUAS AND THOSE FREAKIN MINI-NIHILANTS(cant remember their name)

It's real fun in multiplayer though, watching players dodge those bees.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Gotta go with surface tension. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I love watching the HECU and the Aliens duke it out. Much fun to mop up the survivors! Not to mention you get ready use of the rocket launcher and the Gauss Gun.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Gotta go with surface tension. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I love watching the HECU and the Aliens duke it out. Much fun to mop up the survivors! Not to mention you get ready use of the rocket launcher and the Gauss Gun.

I personally find it hard to really find a favourite chapter.

Lol, well I can certainly name the ones that I like and the ones that I hate.

I like: Unforeseen Consequences, Office Complex, We've Got Hostiles, Questionable Ethics, Surface Tension, Forget About Freeman, Lambda Core, and the Xen levels.

I hate: Black Mesa Inbound. It was nice at first, but eventually it gets dull and a waste of 10 minutes. I always have a saved game ready to skip it when I play through HL these days. Anomalous Materials for pretty much the same reason. I also hate Residue Processing and Apprehension. I want to shoot things, not do jumping puzzles. I would have been ok with these chapters if only there were more than a dozen enemies.

Levels that are ok: Blast Pit, On a Rail, Power Up, and anything else I may not have mentioned.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Lol, well I can certainly name the ones that I like and the ones that I hate.

I like: Unforeseen Consequences, Office Complex, We've Got Hostiles, Questionable Ethics, Surface Tension, Forget About Freeman, Lambda Core, and the Xen levels.

I hate: Black Mesa Inbound. It was nice at first, but eventually it gets dull and a waste of 10 minutes. I always have a saved game ready to skip it when I play through HL these days. Anomalous Materials for pretty much the same reason. I also hate Residue Processing and Apprehension. I want to shoot things, not do jumping puzzles. I would have been ok with these chapters if only there were more than a dozen enemies.

Levels that are ok: Blast Pit, On a Rail, Power Up, and anything else I may not have mentioned.

I think those levels you hate were added for the sake of adding more variety to the gameplay, but I can understand that it breaks the flow of the game.

Beacuse you had to jump over stupid platforms, and if you don't, you were dead!

D<

Agreed, on replay that really annoyed me