Personality type thread

Not surprising really. Corporate culture is designed to cater to certain types since it is a more efficient business model. (less cost, more profits) It's interesting that my profile comes in right in between the two with the highest unemployment, but not in the slightest unexpected.

If anyone knows of a place that hires INTP/INFP primarily, please direct me to them.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

@Obsidian

xvotdM2.png

Dammit. I thought I was special. XD

I've heard INFJs were like beta fish (jk), but I never thought I'd be killed Highlander style over it though XD I had a grand giggle, thanks for that! X3

Presidents-Myers-Briggs.jpg?4c5b38

Funny that Nixon and I share the same birthday and personality type. The large majority of this thread corresponds to Jimmy Carter, with a few Lincolns.

Also, I had my mom take the test last night and she's an ESFP-A... the complete polar opposite of my type (INTJ-T). That speaks volumes.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I can't stop laughing.

Zaraki - INFP-T

AP_Pastor - INFP-T

I'm loving this '4%' coincidence we have going on here.

Reverend_UshankaCat is gonna have a hard time coping with life now. XD You're still special to me!!

That's freaking brilliant, but also really really sad. 3/11 of people on this thread are INFP-T which is 27%. Those who feel special in this thread, now do not feel so special. :P

I know I'm late but I am slightly offended that I was left out of the INFP party

the name's riley

Protagonist (ENFJ-A)

Strengths:

Tolerant - Very true. I never judge people by groups, and see all people as individuals. In a world where the media puts more and more focus on groups of people, I feel it's important to remember that we're all human beings in the end, and all capable of the same mistakes regardless of where we come from or what stigma is put on us.

Reliable - Not so much in the past as I would often give up on things if I didn't feel any passion for it. But I've changed a bit and I do my best to be reliable for those who need me.

Charismatic - Not sure about this... I guess it depends on what others think about me...

Altruistic - I generally try to be helpful so this fits me.

Natural Leaders - I've never really been put in a position of leadership though I have been moderator at a few forums and even admin so it's obvious some people see me as useful in that position. I'm generally not that comfortable as a leader though.

Weaknesses:

Overly Idealistic - Again, not sure about this, though people have mocked me for my opinions on several occasions. I've never been angry about it though.

Too Selfless - I've definitely had this problem in a lot of cases...

Too Sensitive - Deep down I've always had a hard time dealing with criticism, especially when it's directed at me directly. I've kinda learned how to deal with it now, but in the past I had a lot of issues because of how sensitive I was.

Fluctuating Self-Esteem - I feel this is true as well. If I can't fulfill a task or help someone I get a bit bummed out about it.

Struggle to Make Tough Decisions - Definitely, though I've gotten better at dealing with them...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Protagonist (ENFJ-A)

Strengths:

Tolerant - Very true. I never judge people by groups, and see all people as individuals. In a world where the media puts more and more focus on groups of people, I feel it's important to remember that we're all human beings in the end, and all capable of the same mistakes regardless of where we come from or what stigma is put on us.

Reliable - Not so much in the past as I would often give up on things if I didn't feel any passion for it. But I've changed a bit and I do my best to be reliable for those who need me.

Charismatic - Not sure about this... I guess it depends on what others think about me...

Natural Leaders - I've never really been put in a position of leadership though I have been moderator at a few forums and even admin so it's obvious some people see me as useful in that position. I'm generally not that comfortable as a leader though.

Weaknesses:

Overly Idealistic - Again, not sure about this, though people have mocked me for my opinions on several occasions. I've never been angry about it though.

Too Sensitive - Deep down I've always had a hard time dealing with criticism, especially when it's directed at me directly. I've kinda learned how to deal with it now, but in the past I had a lot of issues because of how sensitive I was.

Fluctuating Self-Esteem - I feel this is true as well. If I can't fulfill a task or help someone I get a bit bummed out about it.

Struggle to Make Tough Decisions - Definitely, though I've gotten better at dealing with them...

How does it feel being the only extrovert here

the name's riley

Quick! Let all of us introverts gang up on her!! >:D

Come to the dark side~ We have cupcakes. X3

Edit: Oh, and sorry Username. :3 You're always welcome to the INFP party.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Protagonist (ENFJ-A)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

How does it feel being the only extrovert here

... I dunno since I haven't really considered any of you guys introverts so far. :P

Quick! Let all of us introverts gang up on her!! >:D

Come to the dark side~ We have cupcakes. X3

Oooh cupcakes <3

I haven't really considered any of you guys introverts so far. :P

I'd say introvertedness doesn't translate too well online, as it's typically associated with preferring quieter "Me-time" over busier, face-to-face social interaction. The editorial freedom and time that comes with typing allows people (me, for one) to make sure I'm saying what I really want to say, and may not express properly in-person, due to the real-timeness of speech. (Though mistakes do happen if I'm say on a chatbox and everything is happening faster than Forum speed)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Introverts are strange. X3 A lot of people get the definition of it wrong. It's actually kind of piss annoying when extroverted know-it-all adults go; "Oh. You just don't want to go out because you're introverted." Like, duh? It sounds like a massive insult. :I Like apparently there's something wrong with being introverted, something wrong with wanting some alone time. And so many of my extroverted friends at school are doing the same; "You don't want to come with us because you're being an introvert." NO SHIT. XD

There's also a fine line between anti-social and introvert. If you're anti-social, you'd have trouble communicating with anyone really. Introverts are just happier to talk with those who are closer to them, or... talking in a quiet controlled environment - which is why forums are flooded with them. XD But that also means that sometimes you get called an anti-social git for wanting some alone time. Because some people can't tell the difference. Ah well.

Being introverted doesn't affect the way you behave or the morals you have. X3 Being introverted is just being yourself - but in the company of a smaller group (most of the time at least). I probably seem like a total extrovert, because of my open emotions and braveness to expressing myself. But no. XD I'm just an optimistic introvert - that prefers to be herself when there's time for me to type and time for me to think, without being pressured by a group of people. XP

This almost ended up as a rant, but it was on topic to what we're discussing here so I'll just leave it as it is. X3 I'm open to being corrected though.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I'd say introvertedness doesn't translate too well online, as it's typically associated with preferring quieter "Me-time" over busier, face-to-face social interaction. The editorial freedom and time that comes with typing allows people (me, for one) to make sure I'm saying what I really want to say, and may not express properly in-person, due to the real-timeness of speech. (Though mistakes do happen if I'm say on a chatbox and everything is happening faster than Forum speed)

+1

Introverts are strange. X3 A lot of people get the definition of it wrong. It's actually kind of piss annoying when extroverted know-it-all adults go; "Oh. You just don't want to go out because you're introverted." Like, duh? It sounds like a massive insult. :I Like apparently there's something wrong with being introverted, something wrong with wanting some alone time. And so many of my extroverted friends at school are doing the same; "You don't want to come with us because you're being an introvert." NO SHIT. XD

There's also a fine line between anti-social and introvert. If you're anti-social, you'd have trouble communicating with anyone really. Introverts are just happier to talk with those who are closer to them, or... talking in a quiet controlled environment - which is why forums are flooded with them. XD But that also means that sometimes you get called an anti-social git for wanting some alone time. Because some people can't tell the difference. Ah well.

+1

Being introverted doesn't affect the way you behave or the morals you have. X3 Being introverted is just being yourself - but in the company of a smaller group (most of the time at least). I probably seem like a total extrovert, because of my open emotions and braveness to expressing myself. But no. XD I'm just an optimistic introvert - that prefers to be herself when there's time for me to type and time for me to think, without being pressured by a group of people. XP

This almost ended up as a rant, but it was on topic to what we're discussing here so I'll just leave it as it is. X3 I'm open to being corrected though.

I'm not entirely extroverted myself and prefer my alone time sometimes.

I'm not entirely extroverted myself and prefer my alone time sometimes.

Then I'd imagine you'd have it as a low percentage. :3 20 or something, something close to 0. But I'm sure a lot of people want alone time sometime! :D

Also didn't realize for a while that it seemed like I was telling you off or something. XD Don't take it like that please. I just wanted to write details about introverts to everyone in general. XP Don't worry. :3

-------

To comment on the extroversion vs. introversion aspect, it's entirely possible to be an extrovert who values alone time. As far as Jungian type theory is concerned, the difference between the two can be summed up by one basic principle: introverts are worn out by social interaction and need alone time to recharge. Extroverts are worn out by solitude and need socialization to recharge. It's still entirely possible to be an extrovert who prefers to be alone from time to time (particularly when the desire for solitude comes about as a result of mood changes). I think it's fair to say, however, that extroverts are more suited to fast-paced environments and group activities, while introverts are better listeners and are less likely to be bored or daunted by individual work.

I myself am an extreme introvert (around 80% on the test), but I become a little more extroverted when making decisions that I feel require a bit of external input.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Just scored an INFP this time on the test... Seeing the Pope, and being stuck in a sardine can for 5 hours just waiting to get through security for the mass must've impacted me some.

I - 94%

N - 81%

F - 4%

P - 57%

-

A - 80%

Oh my God, it's another INFP. THEY'RE TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

Oh my God, it's another INFP. THEY'RE TAKING OVER THE WORLD.

least common personality type my ass :^)

the name's riley

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.