Fallout 4

Sign in to follow this  

True... That's why some of us came here to try and discuss it instead, so as to remove as much of the unfounded hostility as possible.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So hey guys, bit of news. Apparently the press copies of the game have been released, so for the next two weeks, be careful about spoilers.

Although given how surprisingly little we know about the game, I'd have to wonder how much you can really spoil, since we don't even have the smallest shred of context for the game.

Still, stay safe. Stay vigilant.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Yep, use spoiler tags. :)

It didn't work. It did not work.

Pssht, always so negative?

Oh, I wasn't even referring to just here. I mean just about anywhere.

For instance, the achievements have already been released, and apparently do contain spoilers (which fortunately I wasn't privy to).

That said, you should be fine if you just avoid major communities for the Fallout series for the next two weeks.

Really wish I didn't have to, though. I'm really jonesing for the hype....

It didn't work. It did not work.

Pssht, always so negative?

Why not? There's no rule that says we can't be negative if we want! :P:lol:

Preloading is now open for Fallout 4. Get your preorder copy now so you don't get slowed down on launch day. (only 3 days to go)

I was a sucker who got the Pip-boy edition, so now I gotta wait for Amazon to move their hinders and get it shipped to me.

I was kinda hoping to get it Monday so I could play it that night, but it looks like Tuesday for me.

Plus, all that loading. Gah!

Oh well, I'll just have to take Wednesday off work instead...

Grats on getting the Pip-boy edition! It was sold out before I got my copy of the game... (besides, my phone is too big for the arm device)

Only 7 hours till it unlocks! (now to install the Android companion app)

Grats on getting the Pip-boy edition! It was sold out before I got my copy of the game... (besides, my phone is too big for the arm device)

Only 7 hours till it unlocks! (now to install the Android companion app)

Thanks, although I'm almost slightly regretting it since I won't get to even start downloading it until tomorrow night.

Man, getting through work tomorrow is gunna be awful. Luckily, I have Wednesday off.

Assuming that the bloody thing ever ships, since it still hasn't done so yet.

Also, TFW your name isn't on Codsworth's name list. :(

Gordon Freeman is, though.

And now to finally play Fallout 4. Thankfully, I preloaded so I don't have to wait hours to play... Huh, little... Update. Guess I should have seen that coming. And it's going to take... Hours. I still have to wait hours to play.

Well, at least it's a single-digit number of hours. It wouldn't have been if I waited until now to buy it... That's a positive. It took TWO DAYS to preload on my shitty internet.

Quit reminder to Fallout 4 haters: Fallout New Vegas was awesome. I had to wait SIX WEEKS after I bought it in order to play it. This little delay is meaningless.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

And now to finally play Fallout 4. Thankfully, I preloaded so I don't have to wait hours to play... Huh, little... Update. Guess I should have seen that coming. And it's going to take... Hours. I still have to wait hours to play.

Well, at least it's a single-digit number of hours. It wouldn't have been if I waited until now to buy it... That's a positive. It took TWO DAYS to preload on my shitty internet.

Quit reminder to Fallout 4 haters: Fallout New Vegas was awesome. I had to wait SIX WEEKS after I bought it in order to play it. This little delay is meaningless.

I know the feeling.

I still don't even have the game yet, let alone any sort of pre-load or anything.

And from the sound of it, I might not even get it until tomorrow, even ignoring download time.

I'm jonsing, man. It aint right!

I plan to get Fallout 4 later, when the special edition with all the dlc comes out, which is what I did with Skyrim.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

So I finally got it after wasting half of my day off waiting for it. Turns out that Fed Ex Express takes longer than regular Fed Ex.

And man you won't believe the trouble I had to go through just to play it.

So once I downloaded it, first thing was that it kept crashing on startup.

But that was a quick fix, just download new graphics drivers. Easy.

Next, it recommended Ultra graphics. Sweet. So I start playing, have a fun time, spend an hour in character creation, and then bam. Computer shuts down mysteriously.

I freak out, because it won't turn back on, and I'm terrified that something got fried. Long story short, it was just a simple overheat, and it worked after a few minutes. No big deal. So I turn down the graphics to merely High and continue on my way.

Well, not much longer after that, the power goes out. For like half the city.

It was at this point that I began to think that someone, or perhaps some thing, didn't want me playing this game.

Anyway, once the power came back on, I spat in the face of the cosmos and continued playing on my merry way, ready to brave any sort of disasters or nuclear Armageddons likely to show up next. Thankfully, nothing new has happened yet.

As for actually playing the game, I've played for about 5 hours now, and have barely left the starting area. It's honestly kinda overwhelming, and I'm a bit off my groove since enough mechanics have changed that I can't rely on old habits anymore.

So it's pretty fun as a new experience.

Also, I am really enjoying the new radio DJ in this game. He hasn't given many news announcements, yet, though....

And surprisingly, I've been hearing a lot of repeat music already, which is weird, considering they really upped the song count in this game.

Ah well, 5 hours isn't really enough to judge. I'll come back with a new update in another 50.