Fallout 4

Sign in to follow this  

There is no level cap.

And even if there was, you can always use the console to change perks.

Waiting for the FO4GECK is killing me...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Waiting for the FO4GECK is killing me...

You and me both, friend.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

So, almost 100 hours in, and I finally got to see the BOS's main base. You know the one.

So friggen cool. And also, so much loot. It's a shame the BOS are all nazi-y now, though.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

So, almost 100 hours in, and I finally got to see the BOS's main base. You know the one.

So friggen cool. And also, so much loot. It's a shame the BOS are all nazi-y now, though.

They seem to get better, or at least appear to have the option to get better if you make the right choices. (though I haven't completed their questline, so I don't know for sure)

What do you mean, "now"? I mean, they were kinda like this in every game but 3.

There's lore for that...

I was referring to the east coast chapter specifically. I know that this behavior is more in line with the west coast chapters, although they were way more isolationist. I really don't see them ever spreading out militarily like this BOS is doing. Plus, the "kill all (non)humans" rhetoric seems a lot stronger this time around, although I know that the other chapters practiced it as well.

Also, do we know how widespread this chapter is? I've only read the terminals in Prwyden, but just from that, they seem to be spreading pretty dang fast.

There's a mod that reskins the Brotherhood of Steel to be Nazis.

I like the comical value of it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5586/

Oh jeez, that's actually pretty dark.

I wonder what you could compare the other factions to. I just met the Railroad and haven't found the Institute yet (although I think it's supposed to find me), so I can't wait to make some connections there.

I wonder what you could compare the other factions to. I just met the Railroad and haven't found the Institute yet (although I think it's supposed to find me), so I can't wait to make some connections there.

Keep going on the main quest.

Keep going on the main quest.

In a Bethesda game?

That's some strange advice, but alright.

Thia actually has a main questline, yes... It's not just a ton of side quests. Quite a pervasive and somewhat complex main questline too if you ask me. (every decision you make affects a large percentage of the rest of the game after a certain point that you are rapidly approaching)

I, for one, think they did a good job with the plot.

I am in agreement, at least for what I've seen of it so far.

You wouldn't believe how I've seen some people act about it though.

I've actually seen folks argue that Fallout 3 or Skyrim had better plots and factions and stuff than Fallout 4.

Like, NV is a fair argument (although you could argue that NV didn't really have a plot, and was more of a setting sorta thing), but Fallout 3?

I usually defend Fallout 3, but I can't deny, Fallout 4 has been a huge step up in terms of plot and factions.

I honestly don't get it.

(As a side note, while I haven't gotten far enough to judge, I'd say that story wise, I actually might like this story more than NV's. Mainly because NV didn't really have a story. I mean, you have the NCR/Legion/House conflict, but really, 90% of that was laid out in the first town. There wasn't much in the way of mystery or intrigue in that game outside of maybe getting to meet House and Benny. That and the whole Ulysses thing, but that was more in the DLC, and still kinda on the back-burner, even. Here, I've played for like 100 hours, and still have no clue what the Institute's deal is, or how all the factions will eventually interact with each-other. I'm finding it pretty engaging, plot wise. We will see if that holds out, though.)

I, for one, think they did a good job with the plot.

+1

You wouldn't believe how I've seen some people act about it though.

I've actually seen folks argue that Fallout 3 or Skyrim had better plots and factions and stuff than Fallout 4.

You should check out the beginning of this thread... People complaining about it sucking BEFORE it was even released.

You should check out the beginning of this thread... People complaining about it sucking BEFORE it was even released.

Yup. And over minute lore bullshit, never mind that the Fallout lore is convoluted, contradicts itself, has different levels of canon and a lot of ambiguous canon in it. Kinda like Star Wars before Disney ruined it, except it doesn't have the excuse of being FUCKING ENORMOUS the way Star Wars is. I just can't understand how people can get so obsessive over lore that the creators clearly never gave a shit about.

I must say that it does look like they're trying to solidify and expand the lore in this one... There isn't any reference to major battles being fought on the moon prior to this game. (and could be an indication of expansions or games to come)

I still haven't actually completed the main story...

I was trying to go primarily the Railroad route, but it somehow automatically gave me a quest to destroy the Railroad for the Brotherhood without giving me a way out of it. I started a new playthrough because of it.