Musical taste

Your Favourite Music Genre?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite Music Genre?

• Electronic (Trance, techno, hiphop, industrial, synthpop etc.)
    • Rock (Including hard rock, pop rock, progressive rock, soft rock etc.)
    • Metal (Including heavy metal, trash metal, death metal, industrial metal etc.)
    • Symphonic/Classical (Orchestral music)
    • Country (not much to say about it, it's country)
    • Jazz (anything BUT pop music, often improvized)
    • Other (specify, please)

Sign in to follow this  

Thanks. I try to general like stuff that is unique. I hate Pop and Rap because it all sounds the same. just the same untalented bimbo auto-tuned to hell and back with the same generic corporate written lyrics that are so simple and un-subtle that a monkey can understand it.

I like both pop music and some more underground stuff, but I try to stay away from MTV and top 20 stuff as much as I can.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I like all of those options! Except for most country music. Rock is always my #1, though.

I'll send my vote to rock since metal isn't up there and it's an offshoot.

Big metalhead over here. Thrash is my favorite for the sheer power, but there's plenty of death metal I like (Testament nowadays is a mix of the two and they're one of my favorites). I may shock and offend when I say I don't like Slayer, but there ya go.

There's plenty of other genres I like though--my favorite nonmetal band is easily Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds. I couldn't pin down their genre if I tried, though.

Isn't metal just a sub-genre of rock? Rock is a massive genre on the whole.

Isn't metal just a sub-genre of rock? Rock is a massive genre on the whole.

Originally but that's like saying Rock is a sub-genre of Blues because that's where rock came from.

That's how it began, but it's very much it's own thing now. Heck, I'd say metal is at least as big as rock (and has a lot more named subgenres that people will get picky about)

That's how it began, but it's very much it's own thing now. Heck, I'd say metal is at least as big as rock (and has a lot more named subgenres that people will get picky about)

Yeah Metal actually is bigger than Rock ( I mean how big it is today, not in comparison to Rock in it's hayday ). Metal is the only " subgenre " of rock that hasn't died out, in fact it becomes bigger every day. Rock is dead, it no longer survives as it used to.

Had to go to other since metal and rock are perfect ties for me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Speaking of named subgenres that people will get picky about, thrash metal, not trash metal.

I'm not going to vote simply because I listen to a LOT of different styles of music...

Metal, Classic Rock, Pop, Techno, Electronic, Trance, Opera, etc...

Nightwish (old) and Within Temptation are my two favorite bands. However there's still Slipknot, Stone Sour, Evanescence, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Charon, Lordi, Nickelback, Mudvayne, Korn, Luna Mortis, Mariana and the Diamonds, Inva Mula, Basshunter, DJ Dean, Darude, Lacuna Coil, Korpiklaani, Kiss, Kamelot, Eluveitie, Dreamtale, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Dragonforce, Disturbed, Disciple, Demon Hunter, Children of Bodom, Celldweller, Avenged Sevenfold, The Agonist, Aerosmith, X-ray Dog, AC/DC, 3 Doors Down, Rob Zombie, Turisas, Two Steps From Hell, Static-X, Skillet, Seether, Rammstein, Ozzy Osbourne, Northern Kings, and Metallica.

Not to mention a few hundred game and movie soundtracks composed by various artists, but I'll list the games anyway.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Nightmare House 2, Dear Esther (2007 Release), Flesh (mod), Dragon Age Origins, Legend of Dragoon, and some others that are lying about here not in my itunes library for me to copy them off of.

Suffice to say... I love music...

I'm not going to vote simply because I listen to a LOT of different styles of music...

Same here

Evanescence, Nickelback, Mariana and the Diamonds, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, AC/DC, Skillet, Seether

I love those bands as well(Marina and the diamonds, Disturbed, AC/DC and skillet the most).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like his song 'Fat' (Michael Jackson's Bad with new lyrics that is.). Haven't heard much else from him.