Musical taste

Your Favourite Music Genre?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite Music Genre?

• Electronic (Trance, techno, hiphop, industrial, synthpop etc.)
    • Rock (Including hard rock, pop rock, progressive rock, soft rock etc.)
    • Metal (Including heavy metal, trash metal, death metal, industrial metal etc.)
    • Symphonic/Classical (Orchestral music)
    • Country (not much to say about it, it's country)
    • Jazz (anything BUT pop music, often improvized)
    • Other (specify, please)

Sign in to follow this  

I have Itunes because my Dad bought me an iPod a few years ago...

So upgrade to ANYTHING else... iPods don't require iTunes.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

iTunes makes any self-respecting software developer cringe in horror, and not enough users. I am going to assume that people only use it because Steve Jobs told his flock to.

XMPlay or Foobar 2000 are two of the best audio players I know. Both are very resource efficient without sacrificing features, Foobar 2k takes the cake as the most customizable. It is like the Miranda IM of audio players.

I need Itunes for my Ipod, otherwise I'd not be able to listening on it any music.

Whenever Im doing stuff on my PC, I don't use Itunes. I have Winamp for it.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

That is what you get when buying an Apple product; dictation. There is no freedom, you're told exactly what software and features you are allowed to use. It is a dark world of proprietary, closed-source programming. That is probably one of several sacrifices Apple do to ensure none of their sheep crash or freeze the computers, which they still manage to do on occasions any ways.

I need Itunes for my Ipod, otherwise I'd not be able to listening on it any music.

I just told you, no you don't. There is a settings option that turns off the iPod's security, and you can use anything you want, or even use the iPod as a jumpdrive... Takes 15 sec to do.

Having it locked like that by default delivers a strong message though.

Having it locked like that by default delivers a strong message though.

Yeah... That being: "We hate free thinkers, so give us all your money!"

I've never owned any iPod myself. I have a Creative Stone. Transferring music to it is basically a drag'n'drop procedure, like it should be.

I use Coby stuff personally... Same style.

My nephew keeps getting iPods from his Dad, so I know a little about them.

I just told you, no you don't. There is a settings option that turns off the iPod's security, and you can use anything you want, or even use the iPod as a jumpdrive... Takes 15 sec to do.

That sounds cool, but thanks. I'll stay with Itunes.

Top 10? In no particular order

Metallica

Megadeth

Daft Punk

Simon and Garfunkel

Yes

The Beatles

Peter Gabriel

The Shout Out Louds

Dave Matthews Band

I sterted listening Massive Attack, and I now I like Trip-hop music. Sneaker Pimps, Unkle, Portishead... They're all cool

"Metal (Including heavy metal, trash metal, death metal, industrial metal etc.)"

Im into artist such as

Bloodbath

Katatonia

Paradise Lost

Moonspell

Amorphis

In Flames

plus some mainstream bands to add

10 Years

Alter Bridge

Disturbed

Killswitch Engage

12 Stones

3 Doors Down

The list goes on

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

I'm into House, Techno and Trance (Don't be fooled, nothing like Tiesto, Paul Van Dyke. Guetta, Daft Punk..). It's not that I am against Mainstream, it's just with time I deleted more and more of it due to tracks getting annoying and kept the underground stuff because they didn't :s... I'm also serious about it and trying to get signed by Reset Records.

I used to listen to pretty much everything, but nowadays anything that doesn't fall into the three categories above You won't find on my sony walkman....

I still like to listen to chill out tracks which can be pop, rock, classical...whatever as long as it's chillout sometimes for a break.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."