Musical taste

Your Favourite Music Genre?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite Music Genre?

• Electronic (Trance, techno, hiphop, industrial, synthpop etc.)
    • Rock (Including hard rock, pop rock, progressive rock, soft rock etc.)
    • Metal (Including heavy metal, trash metal, death metal, industrial metal etc.)
    • Symphonic/Classical (Orchestral music)
    • Country (not much to say about it, it's country)
    • Jazz (anything BUT pop music, often improvized)
    • Other (specify, please)

Sign in to follow this  

I don't think whether something is mainstream or not matters that much in the end. Maybe if you're an elitist who thinks belonging to a certain scene gives you the right to say everything mainstream is inherently bad.

I don't get it,

I don't like mainstream because it's melodies get annoying after time....

I tried to find better mainstream songs but 95% of them still get annoying.

Why is that wrong.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

a-ha is very mainstream but I find they have poetic meaningfull songs and the singer is one of the best in the world. And Depeche Mode was very mainstream in the 80's and 90's.

...???? I don't even care about poetry or meaningfullness or singers in a song. I don't see why anyone should either, music is like art, you shouldn't treat it as something to give you a message but rather as a meaningless picture you like to stare at and enjoy. (Except with ears)

I mean as long as the music is good to my ears and doesn't get annoying I will listen to it.

a-ha is very mainstream but I find they have poetic meaningfull songs and the singer is one of the best in the world. And Depeche Mode was very mainstream in the 80's and 90's.

Also don't you think it's a little biased when you haven't even listened to any underground stuff?

I mean I have listened to mainstream (Including A-HA and Depeche Mode yes) for 2 years at one point in my life.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Thanks for claiming something about me when you don't even know me... Well, mainly I listen to Apoptygma Berzerk, VNV Nation, Covenant, Front 242, Front Line Assembly and some of Sebastian Komor's stuff. I also love that ONE album that Fracture released. I'm also a huge fan of Mind.In.A.Box and SubGud has a lot of great ambient music, though they're not active anymore.

The thing is I like both mainstream music and stuff that is kind of underground. For me it doesn't matter as long as I like what I hear.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Same goes to me Alyxx, just happens to be that I don't have any mainstream left.

I like Rock, Hard Rock, Trip-Hop, Classic, Blues, Jazz, 50's and 70's stuff, Electronic, Industrial, Heavy Metal... how the hell can I choose on of them!?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I listen to a variety of bands/composers, but I mostly enjoy old-school Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory/Meteora), Disturbed, and Pendulum. The OSTs for Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 1 (I still love DBZ games. Yep.) are also pretty good, in my opinion. Weird Al Yankovic is also pretty awesome, as someone else posted earlier.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Video game music.

I LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Video game music.

I LOVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC.

Hmm but there's a lot of music genres in "Game Soundtrack", and that's a problem :?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

well i could talk about music for hours and hours but my brain is pretty close to asking me what the hell "sleep" is, and how in the world to execute it; SO ill say rock as a whole and generally music is a mood thing for me. my current favorite band is avenged sevenfold. but the definitive list of my top 5 are:

1. avenged sevenfold

2. metallica

3. all that remains

4. disturbed

5. dragonforce

But im an avid singer so anything i can sing along to (melodic songs mostly) are usually favorites

or anything with a very good guitar track i really like.

just to put this out their (to tired to decide if thats the right usage of "their") i want lil' wayne to die in a chemical fire.

While I'm an indie rocker through and through, lately I get a bit tired of keeping up with everything. Lesser known bands that tour Europe tend to forget about visiting Norway, so it's not as worthwhile for me as it once was. It's a shame.

I'm actually warming up to DeLillos' discography quite a bit. They made some lovely music. I hope to see them live sometime this year.

[quote="Bugthing"]While I'm an indie rocker through and through, lately I get a bit tired of keeping up with everything. Lesser known bands that tour Europe tend to forget about visiting Norway, so it's not as worthwhile for me as it once was. It's a shame. I'm actually warming up to DeLillos' discography quite a bit. They made some lovely music. I hope to see them live sometime this year.[/quote] "Mange lever kun for penger, som de slettes ikke trenger."

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com