End of the world!

Sign in to follow this  

The standard one is mm/dd/yy right?

no, it's day/month/year I think that's correct

Nope, depends on what country you're in.

Default for the US is mm/dd/yyyy

But everywhere else in the world it's dd/mm/yyyy, that's what annoys me.

@figunaye is right.

question: what are YOU gonna do 12/21/12??? myself, i'll go with my gf, try to fuck her, and then die next to her.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

So the date of a terrorist attack and a natural disaster added in a specific, tailored way are supposed to predict the end of the world? People who believe stuff like that need help, at least until the "end of the world" has happened and we all can move on with our lives with that date fading into the past.

I agree, it's wrong, but you don't know math. It's not a specific and tailored way of adding. Anyway you add it, day/month/year or month/day/year or year/day/month, it's the same. Watch.

9/11/01 + 3/10/11 = 12/21/12

11/9/01 + 10/3/11 = 21/12/12

01/11/9 + 11/10/3= 12/21/12

There you have it. It's a remarkable coincidence. And it's not a "terrorist attack and natural disaster" It's two major events that damaged a country very badly. That's like saying that red and orange are the complete opposite, they are not, they are still colors.

Just because they were different situations, they lead to one result, major damage and death.

"Yes, it's the Apocalypse all right. I always thought I'd have a hand in it." -- Hubert Farnsworth

The ONLY thing I want is a good plan to scam 2012 believers. I've been opening with the old "Well, if the world's gonna end, you won't need all your stuff, so how about signing a binding legal contract agreeing to turn it all over to me on 12/22/12. If we're both going to be dead, what could it hurt?" line, but for some reason none of the "believers" ever seem to believe that much.

I'm going to have to start following up by calling their honor into question: "LIAR, you don't REALLY believe that, or you'd put your money where your mouth is."

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

but you don't know math.

This was unnecessary and uncalled for.

It's not a specific and tailored way of adding.

Yes it is. Why have them in that particular order? Why not for example 9/11/01 + 10/03/11? Answer: Because it doesn't help support the conspiracy theory. There are many ways you can mix number orders, and choose different significant dates to work with, and change/add operators between the numbers if we look away from pure addition. You just have to do it until you run into a coincidence, which can happen fairly often given the amount of dates one could consider significant in history. Removing the first two digits from the year is also a nice trick. Trying to derive a name of a modern "villain" from a name in an old book in a desperate attempt to link the modern "villain" with hell or satan or whatever else your imagination can come up with, is something similar to this.

I do agree, however, that this is a pretty impressive coincidence.

And it's not a "terrorist attack and natural disaster" It's two major events that damaged a country very badly.

Relative to casualties and sheer destruction, I think the earthquake takes the cake. But of course both events were significant and tragic.

So the date of a terrorist attack and a natural disaster added in a specific, tailored way are supposed to predict the end of the world? People who believe stuff like that need help, at least until the "end of the world" has happened and we all can move on with our lives with that date fading into the past.

I agree, it's wrong, but you don't know math. It's not a specific and tailored way of adding. Anyway you add it, day/month/year or month/day/year or year/day/month, it's the same. Watch.

9/11/01 + 3/10/11 = 12/21/12

11/9/01 + 10/3/11 = 21/12/12

01/11/9 + 11/10/3= 12/21/12

There you have it. It's a remarkable coincidence. And it's not a "terrorist attack and natural disaster" It's two major events that damaged a country very badly. That's like saying that red and orange are the complete opposite, they are not, they are still colors.

Just because they were different situations, they lead to one result, major damage and death.

thankyou i wanted to do the same thing but you beat me to it.

That's more possible I think

Indeed. Though I think the Chinese will invade the US first...

im going to quote einstein " i do not know what WWIII will look like, but i do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and arrows." The Chinese will not invade the U.S. all the world powers are at stand off. if one even threats at war the other will launch its nukes and than in return the other will launch its nukes. than another country will see nukes on its radar and shoot there nukes thinking there being shot at. its a domino effect, no one will invade a world power, simply because the world will end 10 times over if they do.

FhtgQ.png

Lawl coincidence?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You may have an internetz.

My hope, is that humanity will fall back to the bronze age when the oil runs out. Or just fall completely. That would be nice.

im going to quote einstein " i do not know what WWIII will look like, but i do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and arrows." The Chinese will not invade the U.S. all the world powers are at stand off. if one even threats at war the other will launch its nukes and than in return the other will launch its nukes. than another country will see nukes on its radar and shoot there nukes thinking there being shot at. its a domino effect, no one will invade a world power, simply because the world will end 10 times over if they do.

That was the plot of Fallout 3. Lol.

FhtgQ.png

Lawl coincidence?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

You may have an internetz.

My hope, is that humanity will fall back to the bronze age when the oil runs out. Or just fall completely. That would be nice.

That was the plot of Fallout 3. Lol.

What did every human being do to you? And besides, we all know we will all be enslaved by frog people currently residing in the sewers.

The Chinese are already attacking the US... They've stolen our economy, and are sending substandard or outright dangerous products to us... I give us lass than 50 years before the Chinese invade.

We WON'T nuke our own soil... (or cause a nuclear catastrophe that will end the world's ability to sustain life) That is the stance of the US government, and it's military. All the Chinese have to do is get on our soil, and they're safe from nuclear retaliation.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Chinese are already attacking the US... They've stolen our economy, and are sending substandard or outright dangerous products to us... I give us lass than 50 years before the Chinese invade.

We WON'T nuke our own soil... (or cause a nuclear catastrophe that will end the world's ability to sustain life) That is the stance of the US government, and it's military. All the Chinese have to do is get on our soil, and they're safe from nuclear retaliation.

America will never fall to COMMUNISM! Red Chinese victory IMPOSSIBLE!

3392042820_a0c5921f6b.jpg

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

3392042820_a0c5921f6b.jpg

I just said they'd invade, not that they'd win...

I can guarantee they'd never win, even if we all have to do guerrilla warfare in Chinese occupied USA for the next century or two.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Well, human beings are defined by adversity. It's the struggle, the overcoming of obstacles, that give people's lives meaning (if you don't believe me, see what happens to those who "have everything"). Joy is defined by sorrow, companionship by loneliness.

In that sense, we'll always try to frame our existence, because our life works that way: what has a beginning, must have an ending (that sounded like a quote from "The Matrix Revolutions", but it's true).

This is why doomsday scenarios are so popular and mesmerizing. An absolute end: quite a powerful idea (like all absolutes: God, Creationism, Heaven and Hell).

Personally, I don't believe the end will come from a prophecy or something written in a book (although I never claim absolute certainty: it IS possible - however extremely unlikely - that the end could be right around the corner, let's say on 21-12-2012).

Barring some natural Extinction Level Event, like an asteroid impact, gamma ray burst or something like that, the only danger is humanity itself: we've come VERY close to nuclear war a few times already, growing population and limited resources are a bad combination, genetically engineered super diseases could wipe us all out, etc.

All systems (and our civilization is not the exception) have the capacity for adaptation in adverse circumstances. The problem is what happens past that recovery or adaptation threshold: the system could partially crash, finding in time a new stable point (in which case at least some of us could have a chance of survival) or it could experience cataclysmic failure, leading to its destruction and the end of every human life on this planet.

It's a grim outlook, but unless some miraculous inventions are made in the near future, I believe we are in for some very dark decades.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I love you.

QuietGrave just hates everyone, you'll have to realise that

This.

Two points:

1.: There were so many Apocalípses propes just since I was born (1996.06.06. 2000.01.01. 1999.09.09. 2001.01.01 August.1996.) I got pissed off. not to mention the more drastical ones from history (01.01.1000. 01.01.1300 , etc) How many fake apocalypses does mankind need to stop concentrating on these stuff instead of " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_development " ! If we would have focused as much on real problems as on fke problems human civilization would be devilish rich right now.

2. Let's assume the world is going to end on 12/21/2012. What's then? You have to live Your life wisely and fully, and enable all other people to live such ways as well. Any panic or rampage would be a shame. We should just wait for the day and die with dignity or live happily after a survival. IMHO.

but you don't know math.

This was unnecessary and uncalled for.

It's not a specific and tailored way of adding.

Yes it is. Why have them in that particular order? Why not for example 9/11/01 + 10/03/11? Answer: Because it doesn't help support the conspiracy theory. There are many ways you can mix number orders, and choose different significant dates to work with, and change/add operators between the numbers if we look away from pure addition. You just have to do it until you run into a coincidence, which can happen fairly often given the amount of dates one could consider significant in history. Removing the first two digits from the year is also a nice trick. Trying to derive a name of a modern "villain" from a name in an old book in a desperate attempt to link the modern "villain" with hell or satan or whatever else your imagination can come up with, is something similar to this.

I do agree, however, that this is a pretty impressive coincidence.

And it's not a "terrorist attack and natural disaster" It's two major events that damaged a country very badly.

Relative to casualties and sheer destruction, I think the earthquake takes the cake. But of course both events were significant and tragic.

You don't know english. Lol it's just a joke on both counts.

We can't add 9/11/01 and 10/03/11 because Japan wasn't flooded on October 3 2011, or the towers weren't bombed on November 9, 2001. You can't just switch the order of things in order to make them not match the coincidence, like we both agreed on, it's coincidence, but it was not altered in anyway. In fact, the only altering is altering them to remove the coincidence.

i think the end of the world would probably be due to overpoulation and our nature to kill each other, so I say force everyone to play russian roulette... am I a bad person?

For the "end of the worlders", that date you got in your head for the end of the world? Can I enter into a legally-binding contract with you stating that, effective the day after this date, that I then own your stuff, whether it's cars, money in the bank, house, etc?

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.