Share your (physical) pain and misery!

Ow!! Rarity, what the heck. XD That's gross but I also feel bad for you. How does that NOT hurt?? You people, I swear. :P

A week ago or so, I was at work... Me being a blind bat, when I went to reach into the little compartment where the burgers and stuff are sent down, instead of reaching out to grab the burger, I missed really hard. XD Like, how did I even miss that far? I ended up punching the heater that's made to be hot enough to keep burgers warm for a long friggin time, and yeah... I had just... burns... XD On my knuckles... and it was the most stupid thing I've ever done at work. It hurt for daaaays...

Problem was, I was too busy working and serving people food that I didn't have time to run it under some cold water. :S Which is why it was worse than supposed to be.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

My left hand's not been feeling very good for a while, since trapping my fingers. The bruise on the underside of my ring finger is invisible, but it's noticeably aching when I put pressure on it, sometimes with bass playing now. Getting a concerned it may not be a bruise..

Also feeling some pain on the back of my hand when playing guitar...wondering whether I should get it checked out..

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Couldn't hurt to get it checked out, and it might save you a ton of pain if it's more than it first appears.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I fought often as a kid.I still have some scars on my knees and hands.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Earlier today, I was sharing with my boyfriend how I loved having long nails. They're so smooth, and they're just useful for everyday things. X3

Well... I was trying to break a row off of my massive block of chocolate. Wasn't working. So I positioned my hand so that my thumb pressed against one side of the bar, holding it down as I used all of my other fingers to try and snap a row off. I snapped the row off, but I also almost snapped my nail off. XD It was bent in half and gosh does it freaking hurt right now... grrr...

I don't want long nails anymore...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

The left side of my jaw hurts whenever I move it.Especially during chewing. :evil::(

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I accidentally ran my left hand through electric fan. Fortunately, the fan blade's plastic and it only gave me two small scars in the back of my hand. If I could take a picture of it, it kinda looks like a baby vampire tried to bite my hand.

Also, I injured my right hand after by punching a wall in a fit of rage weeks ago. I couldn't play my guitar for days because of that.

Welp, now what?

@Zaraki: Hope it's all good now. :(

@AP_Pastor: 1. How? XD 2. Why? :P Gotta not punch those walls man. Punch pillows instead.

I apparently don't learn my lesson and bent my nail back again. XD

-------

@AP_Pastor: 1. How? XD 2. Why? :P Gotta not punch those walls man. Punch pillows instead.

The hand through the fan thing? I had the fan beside me every time i'm using the PC, especially during the summer. For some reason, I removed the front grill of the fan, thinking that that the air it'll be much cooler without it (I don't know how did I got that idea). I guess it worked, then one time I must have moved my left hand without seeing the fan.

For that time I punched the wall, I was just going through several bad days in class. Just one of those days I guess.

Welp, now what?

Last night, went to bed with an aching neck. I wake up, expecting my stillness to have helped whatever muscles are aching. X3 But no, it's worse. Like... Really really painful. Usually if my muscles hurt, I'm at least able to properly move it around. My neck - I cannot turn my head to the right without writhing in pain and misery. XD It huuurts... And now I gotta get my hair tied up for work which I'm getting my sister to help me with, and fudge me. Ow. Ow. Ow.

It's so bad. But I have no idea what I've done to myself. I'm just gonna go to work and avoid heavy lifting. X3 I don't want to snap my neck off. Does anyone know how to cure a sore neck? XD It's pissing me off. Moving my arm fucking forward hurts. It's like.... The part of my neck that connects to my shoulder and it's really really annoying!!

Grrrr...

EDIT: I am not even kidding how much this hurts. Every like... 10 seconds, it just hurts, because of the most SMALLEST of movements. Every now and then my neck locks up and spasms and keeps my neck in that painful position and that is the WORST. I'm prooobably going to have to see my doctor. XD It's SO bad. And laughter is the best medicine so I'm just laughing at how pathetic this is.

-------

Currently being really annoyed because all the walks across campus have given me a blister under the calluses on my left big toe. The problem is I don't go long enough without walking for it to heal so it's going to drive me nuts until I get a vacation.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

Last night, went to bed with an aching neck. I wake up, expecting my stillness to have helped whatever muscles are aching. X3 But no, it's worse. Like... Really really painful. Usually if my muscles hurt, I'm at least able to properly move it around. My neck - I cannot turn my head to the right without writhing in pain and misery. XD It huuurts... And now I gotta get my hair tied up for work which I'm getting my sister to help me with, and fudge me. Ow. Ow. Ow.

It's so bad. But I have no idea what I've done to myself. I'm just gonna go to work and avoid heavy lifting. X3 I don't want to snap my neck off. Does anyone know how to cure a sore neck? XD It's pissing me off. Moving my arm fucking forward hurts. It's like.... The part of my neck that connects to my shoulder and it's really really annoying!!

Grrrr...

EDIT: I am not even kidding how much this hurts. Every like... 10 seconds, it just hurts, because of the most SMALLEST of movements. Every now and then my neck locks up and spasms and keeps my neck in that painful position and that is the WORST. I'm prooobably going to have to see my doctor. XD It's SO bad. And laughter is the best medicine so I'm just laughing at how pathetic this is.

I'm not certain but sounds like the muscles in the neck spasmed and locked up. If that's the case the doctor will probably prescribe some muscle relaxants. they'll help a lot but it'll still be uncomfortable for a while.

Retired Forum Moderator

Grrrr...

I'm not certain but sounds like the muscles in the neck spasmed and locked up. If that's the case the doctor will probably prescribe some muscle relaxants. they'll help a lot but it'll still be uncomfortable for a while.

Could also be she needs to snap her neck... Pinched nerves to the exact same thing to me, and popping my neck fixes the problem. Massage is also good for it, if you can stand the pain long enough.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

(Originally wrote this as a reply to rliant in the "Post what you're doing" thread, then realised this is the better place for it)

I just learned my wisdom teeth are in sideways (I'm talking a full 90 degree turn) so as soon as uni lets out I get to have face surgery! Hooray!

I recently found out I have the same problem. What scares me is that some of the worst physical pain I've ever had to endure had to do with my teeth. Like the one time I had surgery and the anaesthetics didn't work properly, or the time I had some teeth removed as a kid and they literally had to jam the syringe through the top of my mouth and I think even through my skull. The absolute worst things happend at my orthodontist's though... I don't even remember what exactly it was, just that I was crying like a little girl and only wanted the pain to stop.

I hope I didn't scare you, rliant! Just remember that I will be sharing your pain... sort of...

(Originally wrote this as a reply to rliant in the "Post what you're doing" thread, then realised this is the better place for it)
I just learned my wisdom teeth are in sideways (I'm talking a full 90 degree turn) so as soon as uni lets out I get to have face surgery! Hooray!

I recently found out I have the same problem. What scares me is that some of the worst physical pain I've ever had to endure had to do with my teeth. Like the one time I had surgery and the anaesthetics didn't work properly, or the time I had some teeth removed as a kid and they literally had to jam the syringe through the top of my mouth and I think even through my skull. The absolute worst things happend at my orthodontist's though... I don't even remember what exactly it was, just that I was crying like a little girl and only wanted the pain to stop.

I hope I didn't scare you, rliant! Just remember that I will be sharing your pain... sort of...

I'm not really worried about the pain. I'll be on morphine during and a couple weeks after.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

I woke up and my left thumb aches when I fully flex it. More specifically, I can't curve it (does that make sense) without a fair bit of pain. Sucks as it's my fretting hand and I put decent pressure on it.

Giving a thumbs up before thinking hurts too. "Cool-OOWWWW"

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Well I can say I have a really bad knee that had a ligament torn years ago when I was at school when I was helping out with my schools annual pancake breakfast, was moving a container filled to the brim with ice, water and some assorted drinks when I thought I twisted my knee, was in an immense amount of pain where I was screaming for my mother and crying aswell, got sent home asap and took 6 weeks to see my family MD since he was flooded with patients for the time, and can say I was in tears and in pain at my friends wedding I went to, and when I found out it was torn my Doc I guess did whatever to it, but said it would take six weeks to heal, fuck me was I in pain for 3 months

Ohh yeah earlier this year I believe I pulled my groin (was after I did a First Aid Course and was on my knees for x amount of time, and the next day I was crying because the pain was so damn bad, but had do deal with it for a few weeks, and well I can say both of my knees are pretty bad, and I think I pulled my Groin again today after a 4 km run/walk, but it was because I may have stretched my leg weirdly too.

yeah both of my knees are fucked and I think would be best to get replacement surgery asap if I had unlimited money id get it done.

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Ah, I can relate to you about the knees! Not so much about the groin, though - and I'm thankful for that! :-)

A year and a half ago I slipped on wet grass and twisted my knee - got the meniscus damaged. I walked with a crutch for 3 months then. Was so infuriating... The only consolation - l could threaten the freaking cyclists with my crutch! But, oh, that pain... Could only sleep on my back and had to keep a rolled towel under my knee - the only way to keep the pain down to "can sleep" level...

This summer it was the cyclists revenge as my bike slipped on a sandy patch and I fell on my other knee. The was also gravel scattered about and of course I had to land on a piece of it... I was so angry I went off on my way without looking... About an our later I got curios about the continuing pain and stickiness and that was when I saw the bone through the cut and that I was leaking blood and lymph like a stuck pig... And I had to fly 2 days later and had no medical glue or sutures or anything. Darn. Now I have that big scar on that knee which will be with me till the end of my days... :D

Regards

Oh God Stop! XD All this pain, makes me cringe so freaking hard!! I have to cover my mouth and squeal like a little girl before I'm able to get a hold of myself. Gah! That's horrible!

...they literally had to jam the syringe through the top of my mouth...

Oh geez. I had a nightmare of something like that... a really sharp object just being jammed against the roof of my mouth. Ergh. That must have been horrible. :S

@Binky: I hope it doesn't cause you too much grief!

@Scott and Vappy: Oh goodness, your poor knees! XD Geez, you two. Awww... but it sounds so awfully painful!!

In recent news of my neck; I wore a neck brace for a few days, kept it still, and it was the only thing that would help me get to sleep. :S My neck's alright now though... according to my mother - it was rather swollen and just not good looking in general. XD My head was on a permanent lean to the left and it made me look slightly psychotic. But all is well now! (Although, I did almost pinch the nerve AGAIN just yesterday when I zipped my head around too fast. Dammit)

Related to limbs and stuff though, I won't be surprised if I get arthritis at a mere 30 years of age. X3 All of my hobbies are done by sitting down. Piano playing, drawing, writing. XD Dammit, I'm such a lazy piece of shit. And my body is gonna suffer for it. When I was playing the piano at my Church, I'd get terrible pains in my hip from standing up for so long. Ever since I quit playing for them, my hip has been MUCH better. X3 But that also raises some conflict. XD Either praise God and suffer through hip pain - or do jack shit and be healthy. Hhhhmmmmm...

-------

In grade 9, me and a friend used to put on boxing gloves and fight instead of doing what the others did (because we were 2cool4school).

One time, we were boxing and he was gonna block a punch. My punch hit his thumb and it turned all blue and swelled up. His hand was shaking for like a week, he couldnt put butter on bread or even open up bottles. He said that it was one of the most intense pains he ever felt. He went to the doctors office and a nerve had been damaged, and he had to have surgery.

This wasnt one of my own pains, but it was painful enough watching :P

"Life sucks sober!"