Share your (physical) pain and misery!

So once again my shitty eyelashes strike again. I currently have one folded around the eyelid and back under in the very corner of the eye so none of the usual methods for getting junk out of the eye work. I either have to go to the optometrist or doctor and have them get it out, or wait for the eyelash itself to fall out and then wash it out of the eye. Ugh.

I get eye garbage every month it's getting so frustrating.

Retired Forum Moderator

may be getting bronchitis. fuck...

I hope you dont

"just dont get sick"- Dr. Gavin Free

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I managed to get that weird eyelash out of my eye. By running sterilized tweezers along the part of the eyelid that's next to the part that touches the eye. Never again.

Retired Forum Moderator

thanks guys. :) I didn't get bronchitis though. just a bad cough. fun thing about spending a lot of time closely interacting with people...one dude gets sick, it incubates while infecting us all, then we all get sick at the same time. Then that jackass who was out in the field or whatever comes back, and he brings a new strain of the same thing. the moral of the story is: don't work for a living or be a soldier. just stay in your house. XD

A friend of mine and fellow bass player posted this on Facebook today:

"Marnin'! I've not been on here much through January aside from sending birthday wishes and an odd comment here, or there.

I haven't been at work since 18th December as my body is misbehaving - my issues with my broken back & spine damage have been joined by two knackered hips, knackered legs and two feet that are perilously close to falling apart too. Not really sure why all this is happening but it sure is shitty! It's been getting progressively worse over the last year especially, and isn't likely to get better, just managed. It is very debilitating, and I am now amongst the ranks of the registered disabled.

I have been off work so that my adrenaline levels drop substantially in order to let all my medication to temper the pain, actually start to do it's job, so I've not been too good physically, or mentally.

As always, I have been supported throughout by my beautiful family and closest friends, and received some lovely messages asking where I am and if I'm ok.

I'm in a right fucking mess physically (and the normal amount mentally!) and it's really a case of trying to manage it all effectively in order to keep me mobile, which I am working on with advice and treatment from medics and some material changes too.

I'm hopefully going to be back to work this week, so my new year effectively starts today...I know it's going to hurt a lot and I'm going to look a bit funny wobbling and hobbling around. The effort it takes to do anything is ridiculous, but I am a determined bastard and I have a lot still to achieve, at home, at work and with the band...so BRING IT ON!"

Part of me wonders if he'll turn into Charles Xavier..

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Protip: If you've burnt your fingers or hand or something, keep it still in a bowl/cup of cold milk. My finger was stinging like all fucking hell after I grabbed a tray from the oven with bare skin. Internet recommended milk. And oh my God, the pain just... disappeared... feels like my finger just came into contact with holy water or some shit. XD Praise the cows and their glorious milk.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Protip: If you've burnt your fingers or hand or something, keep it still in a bowl/cup of cold milk. My finger was stinging like all fucking hell after I grabbed a tray from the oven with bare skin. Internet recommended milk. And oh my God, the pain just... disappeared... feels like my finger just came into contact with holy water or some shit. XD Praise the cows and their glorious milk.

Can also use frozen butter... I find it to work better for me. (also reduces peeling)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So today has been wonderful

Woke up 5 times last night vomiting my brains out

Ended up going to the ER hooked up to an IV for 4 hours

Spent most of today with a pounding headache that (for the most part) refuses to go away

It's like my immune system is just giving me a giant "fuck you" for almost never getting sick over the past few years

the name's riley

@Username: I'm going to really hope that you're much better now. XD But yeah, been there, not nice at aaaall...

OT: Something really annoying... is when like, you've got a cut in your nail. Like, a tear. But the tear is too far into the nail for you to trim it off. I mean you COULD trim it off, but you'd have a bloody mess and it'll be painful as fuck. So... now I'm living with this retarded nail on my foot, and everytime I go to put my trousers on, I forget my nail is messed up and I almost rip the bloody thing off. *groans*

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

OT: Something really annoying... is when like, you've got a cut in your nail. Like, a tear. But the tear is too far into the nail for you to trim it off. I mean you COULD trim it off, but you'd have a bloody mess and it'll be painful as fuck. So... now I'm living with this retarded nail on my foot, and everytime I go to put my trousers on, I forget my nail is messed up and I almost rip the bloody thing off. *groans*

You need one of the really good nail files... (not the cardboard popsicle stick ones, a metal one) They can make it so it doesn't catch on anything.

bit offtopic, but every time i see title of this topic, RWBY vol 3 intro starts playing in my head. While its good music, it starts to get annoying (namely there is line "misery and pain for all" in very strategic spot)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Yesterday my hip joint finally crapped out. One pop and now it feels as if it's rattling about with every step. It's acted up in the past, but this is just unacceptable. To add injury to injury, I probably have a very slight case of boxer's fracture. Well, anyway...

Pain is weakness leaving the body!

I see everything.

I have had a pretty bad flu virus for the past 7 days. It has reduced my ability to do pretty much anything.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

I have a recurring headache... It's at the base of my skull, where it meets the spine, but it's inside the skull. It doesn't want to go away, and it's causing any number of other ill feelings. (like nausea, I can feel it originating in the headache)

Toothache. For the last 3 months. No money for medication yet. Student life is ass. Iboprufen helps me get through the days.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.