Share your (physical) pain and misery!

Your symptoms may include:

- pain, most likely around your jaw joint, but may also be around your cheek, ear and neck

- restricted movement and locking of your jaw

- joint noise, such as popping, grating and clicking sounds, when you move your jaw

- a headache

- difficulty chewing

- a change in the way your upper and lower teeth fit together

Your symptoms may be worse when you’re chewing or if you’re feeling stressed.

You may be able to manage these symptoms at home, without seeing your dentist. But if they get worse or don’t improve within a few days, see your dentist for advice.

Myofascial pain is the most common jaw joint dysfunction. It involves pain or discomfort in your muscles or the tissue (myofascia) that surrounds the muscles in your jaw joint.

Joint noises, such as clicking, cracking or popping can happen if the articular disc has moved out of its normal position. The disc sometimes slips forward and as it returns to its normal position between the bones of your jaw joint, a noise is made.

Apparently it happens at some point to one in every 6 people and is temporary, unless caused by injury or dislocation. I don't think, Jeb, you've had any facial injury lately, no?

One thing to consider - if you've been doing anything unusual involving your mouth (*scratches his head about what that might be - chewing on a steak over-enthusiastically, perhaps?*), something you haven't practiced before... It might have strained your muscles in an unusual way and triggered this thing...

Just take it easy with these new experiences for now and it should get better and go away... With time, as your muscles will be trained for that type of action - you will develop resilience and resistance, which should prevent this kind of problem in the future...

Regards

Just got an oral infection involving my teeth and got prescribed some pain pills, and well the dentist destroyed the tooth bascially since it had a root canal a few years ago

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I have an issue with itchy skin. All day, every day, random parts of my body itch. Sometimes, it feels like someone is sticking me with a pin randomly. I'm sitting there, trying to work on something, and suddenly, someone jabs me with a pin my shoulder. I have to itch it to make the feeling go away, then less than five minutes later, another pin jab in the back of my left leg. Then again later in the small of my back. The underside of my foot. The back of my head. My stomach.

It's been going like this for YEARS and it's driving me up the walls! If I knew what was causing it, that'd be something...

^ Have you thought of going to a dermatologist or to your family MD?

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

I have an issue with itchy skin. All day, every day, random parts of my body itch. Sometimes, it feels like someone is sticking me with a pin randomly. I'm sitting there, trying to work on something, and suddenly, someone jabs me with a pin my shoulder. I have to itch it to make the feeling go away, then less than five minutes later, another pin jab in the back of my left leg. Then again later in the small of my back. The underside of my foot. The back of my head. My stomach.

It's been going like this for YEARS and it's driving me up the walls! If I knew what was causing it, that'd be something...

Sounds like a nerve issue... Could even be a vitamin deficiency.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Cramped up my left hand and forearm. I've set the action on my recently defrettted viola bass way high, similar to that of an actual double bass. Considering my main bass has a very low action, the difference in required pressure to press these strings down is a proper workout for my arm.

Now wonder guitarists and bassists have wrecked hands when they reach old age!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I thought I tore a stomach muscle wednesday from too much laughing

but right now the left side of my jaw is sore because of the needles for the anisthetic the dentist used to freeze my mouth and well I think it may be sore for a few more days....but idk

I am so unbelievably sore. Oh. My. God.

My back aches. My feet are in excruciating pain, and I cannot physically walk with ease. My legs are sore, my head aches, and to make it worse, my body decided that the moment I finally get home to rest, it's like "No, fuck you. Have a toothache." I spent an hour car ride, wet, shoes soaked, sleeves wet. So... I'm just... I want to sleep it all off, please. I don't want dinner. X3 I'm completely fine. You guys can have dinner. I'll just sleep. If anyone wants me to get up, I'm going to tell them to go to hell. If anyone wants something from me, they can wait 5 weeks for my body to recover, cause holy fucking crap. Do not walk for the whole day... for 3 days in a row.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

so, when i got my wisdom teeth removed the method the dentist used to remove my tooth(breaking it apart and removing it piece by piece) caused an infection. so now i got a bloated ass jaw, and the infection spread to my middle ear, so i'm kinda deaf in one ear. This sucks. at least i was given meds...

so, when i got my wisdom teeth removed the method the dentist used to remove my tooth(breaking it apart and removing it piece by piece) caused an infection. so now i got a bloated ass jaw, and the infection spread to my middle ear, so i'm kinda deaf in one ear. This sucks. at least i was given meds...

Breaking it apart and removing it piece by piece?? Mate, I had the dentist grab my tooth with some pliers and he fucking yanked it out of my mouth. XD What the fuck? I don't know which method is worse though, to be honest. :3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

did they give you penicillin to combat the infection Kyou?

well I got prescribed for an infection in my mouth penicillin for the infection

and Tylenol 3 with codeine

the codeine pill is to help with pain and causes drowsiness lol

nah. clindamycin. it's supposed to relieve swelling and combat infection. it also helps with the ear infection. percocet, also, for the pain.

That's the standard American prescription for oral infections that move to the ear... It's rare to have anything else.

well I got prescribed for an infection in my mouth penicillin for the infection

and Tylenol 3 with codeine

the codeine pill is to help with pain and causes drowsiness lol

Must not've moved to the ear...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Bit offtopic as it doesnt so much involve pain (in fact none at all).

So, if you know me even a bit, you know i really like driving bycycle in every weather every season. So, i did so today too. However, today was rainy weather with just above 0C, which means that excisting snow turns to ice on most part, meaning extremely slippery conditions with no grip at all at some places.

Anyways, i was driving when i had best fall i ever had (and i had quite few of them)- bike went into fall (was driving rather fast too), but i managed to land exactly with my butt on back wheel without damaging bike. Only damage from that incident was little rip in pants outer layer as i landed bit on the part that connects wheel to frame.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Guess I didn't learn from punching walls too hard, 'cos my hands are aching like fuck right now.

Welp, now what?

@Meelis: Good job on not dying. XD Geez. Riding a bicycle on a slippery wet road. X3 Goodness me.

@AP_Pastor: Stop punching walls!!

OT: I played the piano too hard and I might have ripped the skin off one of my fingers... >.< It hurts so bad, oh my gosh. Why do I do this to myself? XD It stings and burn and gosh damn. That's what I get for playing the fucking Death Waltz. One day I'm going to break my finger from playing the piano, I just know it. Owwww...

-------

Been having the flu since last weekend. Was in Oslo for a party and started feeling a little off, developing a fever and such. When I got home I collapsed into bed and was burning up. Friend assister me with food and medicine for the next few days and now I'm finally out of bed again although still coughing quite a bit.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Hope you'll get well soon, Alyxx.

OT: I think i'll file this under "misery". I was drinking coffee one night as i was planning n staying up late than usual to write my thesis draft. Went to bed around 2am, but i couldn't sleep. I must have tossed and turned for hours before I finally got some sleep around dawn. I felt like a zombie for the rest of the day.

Welp, now what?