IRC?

Sign in to follow this  

Hey, new to the forums, and I was thinking, why don't we have an IRC? It wouldn't be that hard to set up, and I would personally love it. Any thoughts?

Well technically we do, but I haven't see anyone on in ages. In the main board you can see one of the forums title IRC that leads to an integrated IRC channel but as I said before, rarely see anyone there.

http://www.accursedfarms.com/irc/

Retired Forum Moderator

Ive been on it a few times but when I go on to it no ones there

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Ive been on it a few times but when I go on to it no ones there

That's the whole reason I stopped using it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If people were more active on it I know id be on there a bit here and there but hey its not in the cards right now but then again it would be good if Ross decided to do any live streaming.....since well we could chat there instead of on the Twitch Chat or whatever, at least we could chat in the IRC and be alone so no one would really bother us nor would any anons or trolls bother us

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

I would show up once in a while... if there would be anyone to talk to.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Just a suggestion: why don't we arrange a day where we can meet up in the IRC? A live chat with you guys even if it's for a day would be nice, and just to put the IRC to use. What do you think?

Welp, now what?

I think we need to make a dedicated IRC server for us instead of just a channel on some other server. I might be able to host it too...

I think the issue is less that it's another server and more that everyone is in the same mindset: "No one else is there so I don't visit"

Imagine if we all just logged on at once?

Retired Forum Moderator

How about a regular daily meetup?

Like... Go to the IRC at this time every day to see if anyone is up to chat. Don't have to. Just if you want to. Or even two times a day?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

So who's this "Kermit-" person with OP status?

I'm not sure either. They were on when I popped in once and never said anything.

Edit: just did a whois on Kermit and they'd been logged on for 11 hours when I did. Bot maybe? I know some channels have admin bots but I'm not sure here.

Editedit: Nevermind. His been on for 3 days. [07:53:27] [WHOIS Kermit-] Idle: 42314 seconds, signon time: Thu Jul 23 2015 07:06:55 PM.

Retired Forum Moderator

jeez

I do know Kermit- is a Linux fan... I have ways of getting people to chat. ;)

I just logged in, but looks like it´s still quiet in the IRC.. Kermit was there though :D

Slightly off topic, but Rarity, I just know how to do a whois domain lookup based on domain names, like you can do here. How does that work with doing a whois based on a nickname (or whatever information you used)? Just curious

In IRC /whois is a command that gives basic information on any member in the current channel based on the username provided. All it really does is show when they signed on and how long they've been idle but not much more.

Retired Forum Moderator

Does anyone know any active IRC's ANYWHERE? I don't really think they are a thing anymore.

American Professional Skateboarder