Worst video game of all time?

Sign in to follow this  

-Burnout: Paradise (The game shows you a bunch of cool cars and then says "Nice cars, eh? You wanna give em a try? *game slaps your face* WELL THEN BUY THE DLC!". The biggest insult is that the "Ultimate Box" contains only one, ONE single free DLC. And that is a few bikes. In a Burnout game.)

I remember Burnout Paradise. It was fun, but when you want some more cars, yet you have to buy the DLC really pissed me off. So much for "Ultimate Box".

Wait so there wasn't any unlockable cars or anything, just dlc? Wow that's stupid.

It's been a long time since I played it but I recall there being SOME unlockable cars just not many. I could be confusing it with another Burnout though. Like I said, been a very long while.

Retired Forum Moderator

It was some unlockables, but all the best were DLC...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There are some unlockable cars, and then there are DLC cars, also I think there's an additional area as part of the DLC.

Welp, now what?

WORST GAME: RIDE TO HELL RETRIBUTION!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Midnight Race Club Supercharged. No other game in this list comes close to the trainwreck of a HALF-FINISHED BIG RIGS.

I've only played Burnout 3 and Revenge, and while I think they're great, my one single gripe about them were the load time ratio to race time. Just long enough and dull visually to reduce enjoyment.

Also, this. Right in every developer and publisher's face.

any single player game that is forced to have an always-on internet connection for the game to function.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Dragon Age 2.

Ruined the gameplay and the story. Even teases the player in the end. "Should we continue with Dragon Age's story or make up our own half assed bullshit?". Went with the latter option towards Inquisition and fucked up the whole franchise for me.

Okay, you guys have pretty low bars for what could be considered "the worst game of all time". Sure, some of the games you guys suggested range from bad to terrible, but this is about the worst, not just a game that personally irked you.

Good examples:

As a Sonic fan... SONIC '06.

3. Action 52

Bad examples:

5. Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Mafia. That game is the bane of my existence. To this day I don't know how people can enjoy it.

Well the thing is this is always gonna be the posters opinion. Those 2 aren't bad examples because for whatever reason, those probably ARE the worst games to them. It's impossible to get an objective answer in this type of situation.

Retired Forum Moderator

What Rarity said. I don't think any game I mention can be considered 'worst of all time' because I tend not to bother with games that are likely to be contenders for that title. I guess it's more of a name-and-shame of shitey titles:

Card Shark on the PS1. It's. So. Dull. I assume my mother bought it for me to balance out GTA2, but I recently tried to play it again, and she said "I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was this bad." It's so twee and uninspiring, it makes you want to go out and make enough friends to play actual card games.

Worms Pinball was pretty dire too. A completely unnecessary and lacklustre game that doesn't deserve to be associated with such a franchise.

Well the thing is this is always gonna be the posters opinion. Those 2 aren't bad examples because for whatever reason, those probably ARE the worst games to them. It's impossible to get an objective answer in this type of situation.

Sure, but a game such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent can be defended. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing can't. That's the difference.

Stick to New Vegas for the Fallout series until FO4 is released in November.

Not surprised to hear that from you, Kydure. Even less surprised to hear you not provide a single reason why, since I know your only actual reason is "Black Isle didn't make it, therefore it sucks." Now it's my turn to retort, and I see no reason to be nice about it. I am about to seriously offend you. Don't read if you can't take it. You have been warned.

I can't believe I'm still arguing with Black Isle loyalists. I don't get why you people are still at it. I can't believe a franchise that had two shitty, nearly unplayable games in the '90s before the company rightfully went tits up managed to gather such a fanatical group of loyalist trolls to attack every company that picked up the rights afterwards. I am truly mystified as to how you people actually think the first two games were good enough to deserve that kind of loyalty. I am also quite puzzled by how you people apparently have so much time on your hands that you can sift through every line of text in Fallout 2 and the fucking Fallout Bible to find every little tiny detail in the lore that Bethesda missed to use as an excuse to condemn them, but you somehow didn't do enough research to realise that the creator of the franchise called both of these things "the worst thing to ever happen to Fallout". And that's what it's always been about, too. It's the friggin' lore, every time. That's all you people ever talk about is how they contradicted the lore, and it's always lore from Fallout 2 or the Fallout Bible.

Just contradicting the lore established in a game that the creators of the franchise regret making and a book that isn't even canon in the first place is NOT enough to condemn a game for, and it certainly isn't enough to make a game "the worst game ever". Especially when that lore violates itself on a regular basis because Chris Avellone is a friggin' hack. Not only is Bethesda not doing anything Black Isle didn't by contradicting previously established lore, but Bethesda is actually a LOT better about it by at least making sure the NEW lore is internally consistent. If you want to hate Bethesda for violating the lore, fine, but it'd be intellectually dishonest to claim that's the actual reason when you don't hate Black Isle for doing it more frequently and worse.

And as for gameplay... Yeah, I've said my piece on that already. I have an extremely hard time believing that anybody could genuinely prefer the completely broken, glitchy, luck-based bullshit of the first two games to the at least *playable* and often actually *fun* gameplay in the most recent two. I get that it's your opinion. There are people who think the Virtual Boy was the best game console, or that Sonic '06 was the best Sonic game. There is such a thing as a wrong opinion, and yours is one of them.

But hey, maybe I'm selling you short. Maybe it isn't about the lore or gameplay. Maybe you actually have a great reason to hate the more recent Fallout games. That's certainly possible, I won't dismiss that entirely. But of course, if you do I have no way of knowing because you've never actually GIVEN that reason. If you have a reason that isn't about them contradicting Chris "Self-Contradiction" Avellone or changing the gameplay to something not shit, I'd love to hear it. No, really. That would fill me with glee to hear one of you people give an ACTUAL reason to hate the newer Fallout games that isn't a thinly veiled declaration of "New company, therefore it sucks." But I've been arguing with you idiots for SIX YEARS and it hasn't happened even ONE TIME, so excuse me if I'm not getting my hopes up.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I think Fallout 2 remains the best game in the series simply because the weapons felt great (especially the burst fire of the Combat Shotgun which is something they removed in Fallout 3) and because you could actually use sex as a tool to persuade people. And unlike the ton of sex mods floating around on Fallout 3 Nexus they never showed any actual sexual acts, but implied it. Fallout 3 had none of that and felt very tame in comparison to what I wanted from it.

Fallout 3 is far from a bad game, it has a lot of good things going for it and with mods it becomes a heck of a lot more fun to play.

But as a vanilla game I think Fallout 2 remains the best simply because it felt more adult and because it had more fun with pop culture references and didn't always take itself so darn seriously...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think rage games deserve a mention. Their sole purpose is to make players angry so they can film it, put it on Youtube and get all the views.

Also most games made for LPers.

Bubsy 3d. Played it. Didn't liked it. Trust me, don't waste time on it. Don't!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

im quite sure i've played a few over the years, but cant remember them. worst game i can remember is rather recent actually- Assassin's Creed (original one, though im certain i've played worse games that came from 80-s or 90-s)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

And unlike the ton of sex mods floating around on Fallout 3 Nexus they never showed any actual sexual acts, but implied it.

Actually, there are mods that can introduce that exact same design into New Vegas... Though I can't remember what they were off the top of my head. (they were all on my external drive, so missing for the foreseeable future)