3. Search for 9999
  4. Move a tiny bit, hold Z to stop moving
  5. Search for Decreased
  6. There will only be 1 result, but if not, repeat steps 4 & 5
  7. Address should end in xxxxx871
  8. Freeze this at 2,500 while in a level, but unfreeze before pressing ESCAPE
Edited by kuntz

3 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

Yes but, I was only finding random garbage because of the fast scan checkbox.

Fast Scan works for newer games, 32-bit/64-bit+ compiled for Windows. Emulators and older games didn't compile with aligned memory since unaligned memory accesses didn't make a performance difference. When in doubt, or starting to cheat in a new game, disable Fast Scan. If you notice all the memory address's you're interested in end in even/aligned offsets, then you can turn it back on. But in today's day & age, Fast Scan isn't much faster than a full scan. It made a difference back when people had 512MB RAM and games used up most of it. DOSBox uses 16MB of RAM and I have 24GB so it makes nil difference haha

I don't know, I guess I had bad luck, anyway here's the pointer for Dos Box 0.74 so that I don't have to kill myself if Cheat Engine crashes.

PrxP9pX.png

Virtual Memory Base

0x01D3A1A0

Helious (Cheat Table).7z

Edited by RaTcHeT302

I uploaded the Cheat Table with the health, that should make everyone's lives easier. Ugh.

Edit: Or not, I guess the adress decided to piss off. Oops. I screwed up again.

Edit 2: Oh wait, I'm a moron, it was set to 4 bytes. Sorry, I'm not used to DOS.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Okay I fixed the cheat table, the pointer to the health does work. No more monkeying around to find it by hand all the time.

eVXTvBZ.png

Helious (Cheat Table).7z

Sorry for the spam, the DOS environment is new for me.

You need my version of DOS Box, here it is, game is included. Just drag Helious.exe on DOS Box.exe

DOS Box + Helious 2.7z

This should 100% streamline the process for everyone. I went through ALL THE PAIN instead for you. Happy cheating.

Push Ctrl + F12 to make DOS Box run better. You need to keep tapping it a buncha times, until it feels right to you.

This is what mine was set at, I don't know what this means.

HYkcfEJ.png

I hope it doesn't break anything, but it stopped stuttering at least.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

I've beaten the first 2 levels, and it seems like if we can just figure out how to bypass the Blue Gem mechanic so we only need to collect 0/1 per level, it should make completing the entire game feasible. As it stands the game is mind-numbingly tedious and boring, it's the equivalent of a Paint Drying Simulator.

2 minutes ago, kuntz said:

I've beaten the first 2 levels, and it seems like if we can just figure out how to bypass the Blue Gem mechanic so we only need to collect 0/1 per level, it should make completing the entire game feasible. As it stands the game is mind-numbingly tedious and boring, it's the equivalent of a Paint Drying Simulator.

I noticed that the enemies deal like 1000 damage, but I don't know what to do with that. Can you post a screenshot of the blue gem, and what level they are in?

Also you can set the Health to a hotkey, that way you can turn it off more easily, now that you have pointer + offset for it.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

ah right i forgot how to post how to get the offset

open the windows calculator, switch to programmer, select HEX

Memory Adress of Your Health - TAdiNnW.png (whatever shows up for Virtual Memory Base) = Offset

zQVuFni.png

then you type 0x01d3a1a0 in that box, and you add the offset, and you have the health for the current level you are in

Edited by RaTcHeT302

7 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

I noticed that the enemies deal like 1000 damage, but I don't know what to do with that. Can you post a screenshot of the blue gem, and what level they are in?

Also you can set the Health to a hotkey, that way you can turn it off more easily, now that you have pointer + offset for it.

Start level 2, it has no enemies and no way to die. To win any level, you need to collect every Blue Gem on it, and then find the End Flag. On the main menu press 'i' to read the instructions for the game. The End Flag for Level 1 is right where you start, and in Level 2 it is in the top-left of the level.

Level 1 is the top-most one, and Level 2 is the next one in clock-wise order. The instructions say they increase in difficulty but imo Level 1 is much harder than 2 or 3 so I dunno.

Your patch wont allow people to beat most levels since you need to be a tiny ball. You might want to just freeze the health at 2,500 and go from there. Your ball will be small enough to beat the levels, but large enough to avoid dying to collisions with multiple enemies.

You can edit the freeze rate of Cheat Engine in the settings. I set mine to 50ms from 100ms, so that the memory address gets set back to 2,500 twenty times per second.

Dying isn't really the problem in this game, the problem is how long the levels take, how maze-like they are, and how annoying it is over-all to play this game. I might have to screenshot the levels piece by piece and make a map of each one. Ugh this game is so awful to play.

Edited by kuntz

1 hour ago, kuntz said:

Your patch wont allow people to beat most levels since you need to be a tiny ball. You might want to just freeze the health at 2,500 and go from there. Your ball will be small enough to beat the levels, but large enough to avoid dying to collisions with multiple enemies.

Patch? No I was just adding pointers to the Health value, that way you only need to find the health once per level. You can still set it to 2,500 if you want to.

Anyway I found out that there are three health values in total.

Helious (Cheat Table 1.1).7z

When you are in the knuckle joint selection menu, they have strange values. It's probably meaningless.

HsPWtbX.png

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Well I've beaten one level and I want to die. I don't think the aliens are worth it. YOU CAN KEEP YOUR PLANET ALIENS.

Computers are bastards. Also absolutely nothing changed in the level selection screen for me. I unfroze my health before exiting.

I beat two levels and I see nothing different. Anyway I was looking for a boolean, or a counter, but I ain't found shit.

UAAWmxS.png

vGmVT1n.png

Edited by RaTcHeT302

43 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

Patch? No I was just adding pointers to the Health value, that way you only need to find the health once per level. You can still set it to 2,500 if you want to.

Ohh well the health location doesn't ever change, it's always in the same spot for every level, so I only have to find it once (takes like 5 seconds).

And like you, nothing in the main Level Selection changed for me when I completed the levels. The instructions do elude to "secrets" that can be collected and it said it wouldn't tell us what that meant. It also says that if some levels cannot be completed to try others one out first, and come back to them later. So maybe some Levels need to be beaten in a specific order, or maybe beating this game is in itself a secret that we need to figure out.

I have a full 3-day weekend coming up this weekend so I will devote my mini-vacation to beating this game. It wont be fun, but if aliens made this game, we owe it to them to complete it so when we tell them it's shit, we speak from our hearts.

8 hours ago, kuntz said:

Ohh well the health location doesn't ever change, it's always in the same spot for every level, so I only have to find it once (takes like 5 seconds).

And like you, nothing in the main Level Selection changed for me when I completed the levels. The instructions do elude to "secrets" that can be collected and it said it wouldn't tell us what that meant. It also says that if some levels cannot be completed to try others one out first, and come back to them later. So maybe some Levels need to be beaten in a specific order, or maybe beating this game is in itself a secret that we need to figure out.

I have a full 3-day weekend coming up this weekend so I will devote my mini-vacation to beating this game. It wont be fun, but if aliens made this game, we owe it to them to complete it so when we tell them it's shit, we speak from our hearts.

I don't think I'm masochistic enough to torture myself through the game, and I can't find anything to bypass the stupid blue gem thing.

Usually in most games it would be pretty obvious, but I have no idea how the game keeps track of the stupid things.

Anyway I learned a bunch of things at least, so it wasn't a total loss for me.

I mean that fast scan thing was crippling, now I realize why I was struggling so much with some games.

I really don't want to put more effort into this otherwise. It's not worth it.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

I was trying to find the player's coordinates, but I think I accidentally made the aliens more alien than they were before already.

blFaVEY.png

4qczNQJ.png

ffvFktK.png

y7AwChd.png

help the game is haunted

CtMLMcr.png

AH OH GOD THEY ARE COMING TO GET ME

hKPNuiz.png

IS THIS WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE??

cBe1Mdi.png

OG4UUgc.png

oh

RuGnWOS.png

Here's the adresses, if you want to screw around with them yourself, it's probably nothing.

WTF.7z

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Wait wait wait wait, what the fuck. I wasn't even trying to complete a level, I was fucking around with the graphics, but before my game crashed, I had an extra joint.

yrBRTyo.png

I have absolutely no idea what I just did. What if we DIDN'T pick up the blue stuff, and what if we just pushed ESC, after screwing around in the level for long enough.

Edit: Nope nevermind, I just forgot to unfreeze my health value, false allarm.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Your CE file (patch) wont work since you're modifying the DOSBox code itself, and not the game. The game's code is 16-bit, and is not "run" by the computer. Each byte/instruction is interpreted by DOSBox and emulated. That's why all of your patches are on 32-bit code and 32-bit registers. When you modify that code, you're changing how DOSBox executes the 16-bit code, leading to strange issues and crashes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOSBox#Hardware_emulation

Just stick to finding & freezing memory addresses for now.

I thought I was the only ont to find this post after it was abandoned for two years - the video is kinda old as well.

But no, I'm not.

So, last month I got a few time to spare and decided to mess around a bit with DosBOX as well. I did not go very far, planned to get back to it, and saved this thread on my favorites. But a lot of work happened, and I was planning to get back to Helious when I got the time.

Last month I do managed to get the X player position by searching for an 2 Byte value on Search Engine. I couldn't get the Y positions, but if the X is available, Y can be found as well. I remember that the X value was 50 when i found it in one of the levels, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the same memory value on the other levels.

I was planning on mapping the collectables positions on all the levels and just teleport around, as I'm not playing that game legit.

32 minutes ago, Denuro said:

I thought I was the only ont to find this post after it was abandoned for two years - the video is kinda old as well.

But no, I'm not.

So, last month I got a few time to spare and decided to mess around a bit with DosBOX as well. I did not go very far, planned to get back to it, and saved this thread on my favorites. But a lot of work happened, and I was planning to get back to Helious when I got the time.

Last month I do managed to get the X player position by searching for an 2 Byte value on Search Engine. I couldn't get the Y positions, but if the X is available, Y can be found as well. I remember that the X value was 50 when i found it in one of the levels, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the same memory value on the other levels.

I was planning on mapping the collectables positions on all the levels and just teleport around, as I'm not playing that game legit.

I feel like my time is better wasted somewhere else, so I honestly didn't try to put too much effort into actually figuring out if there's any point to collecting the gems. For all I know it might be completely useless. Your tentacle blob thing, getting bigger, could just be a visual bug for all I know.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was literally the whole game, where, you pick a level a random, you beat it, or you don't, and that's probably it.

You guys can feel free to keep on trying though. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a whole lot of nothing.

Also the aliens can SUCK IT, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DAMN GAME. For all I care, the mothership can crash and burn.

Anyway I'd rather just turn off the collision instead, that would 100% simplify things by a lot. I know that it can be done for 3D games, but I'm not really experienced with this type of cheat, as I usually go for the more basic stuff.

Edited by RaTcHeT302