Teens and adult "problems"

Sign in to follow this  

I'm all for genetically engineering Vagina Dentatta.

I mean hey, we're running headlong into an overpopulation crisis. It's either less sex or systematic 'thinning of the herd'.

I really hate pulling a Godwin, but I can't help but point out that this kind of thinking is espoused by bigots of all strips. The "we need to reduce overpopulation" thing is the stuff the Nazis and genocidal maniacs like them espoused.

It's funny, but sometimes I wish it were the f*cking Dark Ages where any serious threat to your life and the lives of your family or anyone who you hold dear to you could be solved by a simple sound of an axe falling down on someones' neck.

As fucking if. You act like the criminals in question don't have weapons of their own, or that they aren't part of a group or that they'll just sit there and let you kill them.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I was kidding, but there's a hint of honesty in what I said though.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the attitudes need to change. In this case, attitudes towards sex.

this kind of thinking is espoused by bigots of all strips.
Don't worry, I use it in an entirely unbigoted fashion. I honestly hope that we never get anywhere near systematic slaughter. But I am concerned about what is going to happen as our population rises and our resources run lower and lower. I pray that if/when the shit hits the fan, the decision made spares life instead of eradicating it.
It's funny, but sometimes I wish it were the f*cking Dark Ages where any serious threat to your life and the lives of your family or anyone who you hold dear to you could be solved by a simple sound of an axe falling down on someones' neck.
And witch burnings! Don't forget the witch burnings.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Well, we've been predicting population crises for nearly 150 years now. Every single time we've further increase food production either by method or technology. It's been a pretty steady trend.

Right now we've got enough food for 10 billion people, though much of the excess goes to animal feed and biofuels. With genetic modification we could be looking at double or triple that in a few decades. Not to mention that while you can't get far from a human settlement, much of the Earth's surface still has no human structures or food growing on it. If so inclined, we could easily set up massive greenhouses for wheat and corn in Siberia.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

Personally... In my opinion, killing every one who does something bad like that isn't gonna solve Jack. :I What if the person who raped a girl was under the influence of alcohol or drugs? Because of one mistake, he has his own life taken away from him. Everyone deserves a second chance. Perhaps we're not seeing results from jail time because the time there isn't long enough? Not harsh enough? But no, no killing people just because of that. And what about the people who are falsely blamed for raping and stuff like that? It DOES happen, and it'll be even worse knowing that innocent people are getting killed. :(

Not trying to argue, just putting my point out there. You can think anything you want, doesn't matter to me at the end of the day. X3

However, the dark ages? Hey, I have witch blood in my family! XD Can we not go back to the dark ages? I'd like to keep my unburnt body.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

It's not that prison isn't harsh or long enough, it's that there's a fundamental difference between our psychology and a rapist's. One of the biggest trends amongst rapists is a very low ability to exercise self control, and they're often impulsive.

No amount of prison time is going to fix that. Increasing prison time for rapists would be about as useful as throwing the schizophrenics in prison like they did 200 years ago.

For crimes mostly caused by psych problems like that, rehabilitation is the best way to ethically reduce repeat offenders. That's not to say they're under house arrest or any of that implied nonsense, they're still imprisoned during their stay in these already existing, but rare, facilities. The only people who should be in real prison (22 hours in their cell, 1 in the cafeteria, 1 in the yard) are those that absolutely cannot be helped or refuse to be helped.

Besides, if we're executing rapists because some cannot be treated successful then we must execute all criminals, given that between 60 and 80% of convicted criminals will return to prison with several years of release. Anything else would be a double standard.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

What if the person who raped a girl was under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

While I'm not comparing the severity of these two, it's roughly the same idea behind drinking and driving, in that regardless of whatever may be impairing your mental judgement you are always held accountable for your own actions. You're about as likely to get away with rape on account of being drunk as you are with killing multiple people with your car after you went over the curb while drunk. One could argue about the unfairness of it but at the same time you can also argue the unfairness for the girl who was raped who has to live knowing the rapist is free to roam the streets because of having one too many beers. I guess the idea is if it happened once, it can happen again in which it can be viewed as a preventative measure(which itself brings a whole new set of morals and arguments. Never ends.)

Mental illness is a different story but even then, rape due to a mental illness is still not gonna fly in a court of law just as cereal killers don't get off scot-free for suffering from psychosis.

But yes, executing people for these crimes, while it feels good to think about, runs into far too many moral and ethical problems were it to be practiced. Fighting immorality with immorality is not gonna work. Never has and never will.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Rarity: Oh yeah, I see that now. I guess it's their fault if they get drunk or high anyway. X3 If a drunk driver crashes, it's their fault for having those too many beers in the first place. So in the end, even if their mind is impaired... they're still held responsible.

Civilization has been trying to remove the death penalty for a while now, surely. I doubt it's just gonna suddenly spring back up anytime soon. X3 I dunno... killing people for their actions... just seems so ruthless to me... Violence in general seems ruthless. You could argue wherever a death penalty is actually violence or not, but that's not the point. There's something about killing people that feels too wrong, even if they did do something terrible. I would never be able to work as an executioner. XD It'd take me 5 minutes to step into the room, then another 10 damn minutes to inject whatever's about to kill them. Then it'd take me 2 hours to stop crying. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Knowing how corrupt and flawed government institutions are in every country on Earth - the cannot be trusted with decisions of life and death as a punishment. That's why I am and will always be against capital punishment. Also, false convictions happen all the time and if the person is dead you can't undo the injustice. These two are enough reasons for me...

But, also, rape is often not a clear cut situation. There are no witnesses. One person's word against the other's. False accusations are so common, the police is reluctant to even handle rapes. Then there is the statutory rape - when sex with a minor is involved - even if it was fully consensual.

Rape is abhorrent but justice first needs to establish whether it has truly happen before one can even talk about punishment. Let alone putting someone to death.

Ah, also, please, people - overpopulation is a myth. There is no such thing. Our danger is underpopulation in the developed world and the ageing of the population. Do you think why Germany is so eager to accept all these refugees?

Regards

Knowing how corrupt and flawed government institutions are in every country on Earth - the cannot be trusted with decisions of life and death as a punishment. That's why I am and will always be against capital punishment. Also, false convictions happen all the time and if the person is dead you can't undo the injustice. These two are enough reasons for me...

+1

But, also, rape is often not a clear cut situation. There are no witnesses. One person's word against the other's. False accusations are so common, the police is reluctant to even handle rapes. Then there is the statutory rape - when sex with a minor is involved - even if it was fully consensual.

Even the tests for rape are questionable... I had a friend almost convicted of rape because a test confirmed his DNA in her kagigger, but he wasn't even in the same country when she claimed he raped her. Then again, I have also known several women who were raped, and the guys never got punished, simply because the women didn't get the test done in time...

Rape is abhorrent but justice first needs to establish whether it has truly happen before one can even talk about punishment. Let alone putting someone to death.

+1

Ah, also, please, people - overpopulation is a myth. There is no such thing. Our danger is underpopulation in the developed world and the ageing of the population. Do you think why Germany is so eager to accept all these refugees?

The danger isn't underpopulation or overpopulation, but rather population density. Packing 10 million people in 5 square miles is what makes for these overpopulation issues people are talking about all the time. None of them are helping produce anything even related to preserving the human race, and are merely consuming our limited resources. This is great for companies making money, but extremely harmful to the future of our race.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The danger isn't underpopulation or overpopulation, but rather population density. Packing 10 million people in 5 square miles is what makes for these overpopulation issues people are talking about all the time. None of them are helping produce anything even related to preserving the human race, and are merely consuming our limited resources. This is great for companies making money, but extremely harmful to the future of our race.

That's probably what I meant to say.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

It's like all life - the urbanisation, I mean - it tends to concentrate in one place, because it allows easier and more efficient sharing of resources and information. Balanced against it is access to outside resources and waste heat management. Humanity is getting better at solving these problems and they will remain manageable as long as we have suitable and sufficient energy supply. Energy is everything. If we have enough energy - we can make fresh water, synthesise petrochemicals, grow food in unusual places, like in towers in the middle of cities, and what not...

@Jeb - oh, don't worry. My paedo experience left me none the worse for it. :D Here is how it happened (the first and most noteworthy occurrence):

It was in Moscow and I was, I don't know - 10? Plus or minus a year or two? I was walking back home from school and there was that old man walking along, carrying two paper bags as if they weighed a ton each... He asked me for help with the bags - to take them to his place just round the corner. Well, me being a good Pioneer (a kind of Soviet Boy Scout) - I agreed.

The place was indeed round the corner but I sensed something was odd immediately, as the bags were actually feather-light. So, when he invited me in I refused. He tried to convince and cajole me, but I thought: "You, miserable old git - how could you even think I might be tempted to have sex with you? You're so ugly and - a man, FFS. I could imagine me having a second thought about it if you were a nice looking lady but... yeughhh!" But aloud I was very polite - no, I don't like chess, thank you (true), and I don't collect stamps (I lied here) and I'm not thirsty, thank you very much. In the end he gave me a book, which I promised to return in a week's time - as a Pioneer I felt I could not refuse a good book.

A week later I brought the book back to him and when he tried to get me inside again, I just told him "no". He must have realised by then that I have figured him out, so he gave up... And that was it...

@Binky - oh, man! That dick-trap will give me nightmares for weeks now! :D I believe it violates the Geneva Convention or the Human Rights Act or both! :-)

Regards

That dick-trap will give me nightmares for weeks now! :D I believe it violates the Geneva Convention or the Human Rights Act or both! :-)

Be glad you didn't look at the wiki page for it... It has one that guards against penetration of either lower orifice for the main article image.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.