DOTA 2 announcer pack released + links updated!

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Goodies! In anticipation of the fundraiser campaign I should have coming out soon (expect a video + more info in 1-2 days), as a good faith gesture, I'm releasing all the stuff I've been meaning to for months!

DOTA 2 VOICE PACK RELEASED!

While my original plan was to sell this in the Steam store, I've decided to release all the files to the Freeman's Mind Announcer Pack I was working on for DOTA 2 for free. The reason I didn't follow this thing through was because midway through its production, Valve changed the rules, which made about half my lines unusable. This was a huge morale killer and by that time I was able to resume work on the videos again, so this pack remained in limbo for a while. Truth be told, I'd rather just make more videos than spend another month or two working on this again. Ironically, I'm not even that big a MOBA fan (though I do like RTSs and action RPGs individually), this was more of a fan request thing that never quite made it. Still, I put a whole bunch of effort into this and I'm sure you'll find some lines entertaining.

DOTA 2 Freeman's Mind Announcer Pack (51MB)

You're allowed to use these files for anything you want, under the following conditions:

1. Don't sell this as a voice pack.

2. If you make something substantial with this, please credit me (Ross Scott) for the lines if possible.

While this pack is free, donations are still welcome!

ALL WEBSITE LINKS UPDATED!

Besides the DOTA 2 files, all the links to the videos on the site should now be updated, making it easy to find anything you may have missed. In the future I hope to have an overhaul of the site to make everything easier to access, but in the meantime, info on all the videos can be found here in the movies section. Additionally, all Freeman's Mind episodes are now available to download from the episode pages, and I've also updated the archive of all my isolated voice tracks for Freeman's Mind. You can download the updated pack HERE (680MB).

That's it for now, the fundraising video is next, followed by as many Game Dungeons as I can get done for October!

- - -

ADHD version: Dota 2 files released! Freeman's Mind voice files + downloads released! Web links all updated! Ross is having a fundraising campaign soon, donations are appreciated!

COMMENTS

Well, time to reinstall Dota 2 just for this!

I never stopped believing that this would eventually come out!

Thank you, Ross! :)

"Life sucks sober!"

Download links on FM 1-48 are redirecting to the main page, not to the download. FM49-68 are working fine. :)

Download links on FM 1-48 are redirecting to the main page, not to the download. FM49-68 are working fine. :)
Hell, that'll get fixed ASAP.

Im glad to hear your voice pack stuff isnt going to waste now, I know I wouldnt sell the voice pack or anything, I would more or less use some of the quotes for my ringtones or something, but hey I am just glad to hear some good news from you Ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Man I don't even play DOTA and I'm downloading this.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

I watched a documentary about Dota 2, and it convinced me that:

1. eSports are definitely real professional sports.

2. Everyone involved in professional sports is nasty and I don't like them.

3. Maybe it was wrong of me to think baseball is stupid?

Hey, just found out something important if you want to try to use this with Dota. Valve has removed everything that allows you to use mods, so It's not really possible to put this in.

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." ~ Elric, the Technomage

Finally, I can complete my Plex library! Well, at least until more FM comes out. ... and i'm positive it will! I have to stay positive about this. Right? ... Ross?

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I REALLY want to see someone make a video using all the quotes in contex, I listened to them at random and while a lot of them are funny, I have a feeling they'd be much better actually being used in the game.

Also I think i missed something, what's this fundraiser for?

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

It's for Ross, of course, you silly! :D Hehe!

Regards

I REALLY want to see someone make a video using all the quotes in contex, I listened to them at random and while a lot of them are funny, I have a feeling they'd be much better actually being used in the game.

The video will explain everything. If nothing goes wrong, I should have it up within 24 hours.

It's for Ross, of course, you silly! :D Hehe!

Regards

Well of course it's for Ross but why specifically now is he asking for donations

The video will explain everything. If nothing goes wrong, I should have it up within 24 hours.

Ok, can't wait to see it, I actually enjoyed your last fundraiser video so I'd like to see what this is all about

100% is going to be a cut-rate clown

I played league of legends for 2 years, spent so much of my heroes there, learnt all the game rules.

Now uninstalling and installing DOTA 2 for this.

Thanks Ross!

Sorry that I'm a moron, but how do you get the voice pack installed?

Unfortunately at the moment you can't. Valve has disabled all modding capabilities for Dota 2, and the only way to get them back makes it so you can't join actual games.

I'll be making a torrent for all the videos as soon as I get a new external drive to hold them. (a 3 year old HDD that I also use as my main drive, just isn't a good data hosting source)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I always wondering do you have any outtakes/funny records between takes from FM or CP?

I have on my phone outtakes from Leet World and this is sometimes funnier than actual machinima, and because CP is in my top5 it would be nice to have outtakes from it :D

Okay things DID go wrong, it will probably be within another 24 hours.

I always wondering do you have any outtakes/funny records between takes from FM or CP?

I have on my phone outtakes from Leet World and this is sometimes funnier than actual machinima, and because CP is in my top5 it would be nice to have outtakes from it :D

There's barely any from FM, it's very robotic to record. There are some from CP, I'll get around to releasing them at some point.