Ross's fun-filled Beg-A-Thon!

I donated a few days ago, not because of this video (which I hadn't seen, and I'm not sure existed at the time), but because you always seem to try so hard to produce great content, and almost never ask for anything in return. I can't think of many other producers I've gotten so much enjoyment from without compensation. This didn't used to feel like a big deal to me, but I'm finally at a point in my life where I have money to spend on things I want to, and what I want to buy (among many other things) is more Ross's Game Dungeon. Now whether my money goes toward that, or food, or rent, is irrelevant. And whether you make more Game Dungeon, while it would be awesome, is also irrelevant. The fact is I feel like I owe you this money for the good you've given me already. And while you specifically say that is not the case in this video, it definitely is. Ross, you're a hero of mine. Keep living the dream.

Well, I'll be upping my paid hours in December and the way I see it, you've worked up a huge backlog of laughs that needs some concrete appreciation. So I'll be happy to send over a christmas greeting then!

And y'know Ross, you really shouldn't underestimate the value of providing good entertainment. I mean, just as an example: I often come home tired and maxed out. But the combination of sleep and a few fun videos is usually more than enough to put that right, so in a very real sense you can claim that many of my students have benefited from your work.

I donated a bit. Sounds like a better use of my money than another discount Steam game that I will never get around to playing.

Nice to see someone not spend their donations on an overpriced and overrated alienware computer and actually be smart with them.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Nice to see someone not spend their donations on an overpriced and overrated alienware computer and actually be smart with them.

Why doesn't anyone remember Falcon Northwest? They were the first and are still the most elegant.

Damn it! I wish i wasn't still a poor highschool student. If i had money I wouldn't know what to do with,i'd definitely donate it to Ross.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Would annual donations result in a smaller number of fees?
Yes, so I get to keep more of $12 once a year than I do from $1 monthly. I didn't want to point that out in the video because I wanted to minimize the "look at all the ways you can pay me" infomercial crap. This was honestly a rough script for me to write since I was fighting a lot of my nature with it.

Also, Ross, have you considered taking up a career in mugging?
arrr.jpg

You can like or dislike Patreon, but this hack business would be a very foolish thing to hold against them in particular. So many huge companies have experienced data breaches that you should flat out expect that EVERY company you deal with online will leak all your data. Data breaches are the rule, not the exception, and that's just based on the stuff we know about because it was found and publicized.

Yeah, but wow, the timing sure worked in my favor.

Edit, SUGGESTION: Seeing as you're willing to spend more time gaming on RGD, why not make at least some of it on a schedule and do a stream? I don't know how much Twitch is paying, but it can help a bit while you wouldn't have to change much for it, maybe the screen cap to not include the chat. It might even bring in people who are not aware of Accursed Farms to watch your videos, so it it might trickle down to more YouTube payments.
I'm not sure what people have in mind, but I think it would be pretty underwhelming. Not always, but a lot of the time it's mostly me going in with a list of notes of what kinds of shots I want to grab, screencapping them, then exiting and processing the clips for editing and repeating. Additionally, I try to free up all computer resources when recording higher resolution games to minimize the possibility of any stuttering. While I do have a multicore processor, I don't always have full faith in Windows' ability to manage things without any bottlenecking at all. That and I'm usually not giving any sort of performance while I'm doing this stuff, I'm typically trying to get the footage I need as fast I can and I don't think it would be very interesting to watch.

Well I confess, even before the fundraiser, I've been holding out for Pascal next year. I usually only upgrade one part at a time and make it last as long as possible however. That and the Oculus Rift (or Vive, whichever ends up being better), since I look at that less as an upgrade and more of an escapism portal that I've been wanting for a decade or so. But yeah, I've actually never bought a full desktop system. I assembled my first one in high school (for $400 including monitor) and have only upgraded incrementally since. Even then, I never buy top-tier stuff since the premium is so high and it depreciates rapidly.

Why doesn't anyone remember Falcon Northwest? They were the first and are still the most elegant.
I believe VoodooPC predates them.

I believe VoodooPC predates them.

It would appear you're right, although the brand was degraded and disbanded just like everything else HP touches. So, I guess I'll claim they are the oldest and most elegant surviving brand?

Ross, can donating decrease my agonizing wait for Ricochet 2 ? Not directly, of course.

Also, hot damn! Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, aka the game that you NEVER delete from your hard drive, because of how much bullshit you need to go through to get it to run properly. I dunno if it's as worse as that game you did on the game dungeon (Name escapes me), but since the game is SO DAMN AWESOME once you have the HD patch and whatever mod you want.

Oh my gosh, forget thinly veiled agonizing over Freeman's Mind 2. If you can actually run VtMB, I want to see you LP that. It's considerably shorter than Freeman's Mind, and it would be so much fun seeing you roll a Malkavian. Because that sounds right up your alley, with all the crazy people stuff you like.

Edit, SUGGESTION: Seeing as you're willing to spend more time gaming on RGD, why not make at least some of it on a schedule and do a stream? I don't know how much Twitch is paying, but it can help a bit while you wouldn't have to change much for it, maybe the screen cap to not include the chat. It might even bring in people who are not aware of Accursed Farms to watch your videos, so it it might trickle down to more YouTube payments.

Hey, just a heads up, if you do decide to live-stream, try using some kind of RTMP server. I cannot stand watching Twitch with live commenting when we're all 30 seconds behind you. That's no fun, because everyone's losing their minds about stuff you did 30 seconds ago, not what you're doing now. You could try to get AWS involved- I can get a ridiculously powerful instance for my gaming for about seventy-five cents an hour. Sure, that adds up, but with the same amount of money it would cost to buy a rig that could match that, I could play nonstop for 222 days! (4000/0.75 then divide that by 24 for the number of days)

So, just a video idea to put out there: when steam sale hits again, could you do a video on your opinions of what is/is not worth getting?

It's considerably shorter than Freeman's Mind
G-Un-bebe-qui-fait-le-regard-du-diable.jpg

Hey, just a heads up, if you do decide to live-stream, try using some kind of RTMP server. I cannot stand watching Twitch with live commenting when we're all 30 seconds behind you. That's no fun, because everyone's losing their minds about stuff you did 30 seconds ago, not what you're doing now. You could try to get AWS involved- I can get a ridiculously powerful instance for my gaming for about seventy-five cents an hour. Sure, that adds up, but with the same amount of money it would cost to buy a rig that could match that, I could play nonstop for 222 days! (4000/0.75 then divide that by 24 for the number of days)
Prepare to be disappointed. I'm expecting there will be so many comments that I'll probably be 5-10 minutes behind what people are writing and I highly doubt I'll get to everyone for the first livestream. I haven't settled on what service I'll be using, but if you're expecting an answer as soon as you type it, you may be competing with thousands of others. This will be semi-anarchy at first, but I'm thinking over time we'll get a better semblance of order going.

Recurring donation, go!

I would be in the "lump sum once a year" camp, but there's the whole remembering to do it thing. Unless it comes in the mail and says "pay me or suffer the consequences," I tend to forget.

In regards to the streaming... I recommend you Ross to try to set up some sort of time system. Like, try recording at 8pm one month. Then the other, try at 11am. Your audience spans the entire world. XD So I feel like some people would be rather annoyed if they realize they can't make it to your streams, either because of school, work, or sleep. I certainly have always been pissed off, because I've NEVER been able to make it to a stream, mainly because the people who stream always do it at the same fucking time. Perhaps you could try to vary it a little? It'd make a lot of people happy. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

In regards to the streaming... I recommend you Ross to try to set up some sort of time system. Like, try recording at 8pm one month. Then the other, try at 11am. Your audience spans the entire world. XD So I feel like some people would be rather annoyed if they realize they can't make it to your streams, either because of school, work, or sleep. I certainly have always been pissed off, because I've NEVER been able to make it to a stream, mainly because the people who stream always do it at the same fucking time. Perhaps you could try to vary it a little? It'd make a lot of people happy. X3

I couldn't agree more.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude