Screenshot Contest Winners

Sign in to follow this  

Those are pretty damn good. Reminds of the awesome Battlefield 3 in real life videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6l4dAHKL-E

Took me a while to figure out that's not actually gameplay footage, that's how far behind i am. Shoulda finished reading before i clicked :(

Now, if it had been a video contest, I would've recorded my skyrim glitches... The weird opening scene flubbercart issue, and when the guy gets beheaded just after choosing your character, his body twitches, and his severed head jumps straight up out of the catch basket 3 times. (occasionally leaving the basket) Or even one where General Tullius is vertically squished, walking with his body horizontal, and one where his 'floor' is 2 feet below everyone else's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ

Skyrim and New Vegas are great reminders that Bethesda don't actually know what playtesting is. No idea what they do with all their money.

SmcHniG.jpg

The pixel blur says "no", but those eyes say "yes".

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/612794559799408782/A7A04B06C73BB51412B1273139702E5B6A95CFE7/

It's goldmine.

Damn, another person stretching the screen....

PUT IMAGES WIDER THAN 800px INSIDE SPOILER TAGS!!!

Skyrim and New Vegas are great reminders that Bethesda don't actually know what playtesting is. No idea what they do with all their money.

Actually, unmodded skyrim has given me no significant bugs apart from the death by 'giants launching you into space', and New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

As for the bugs that are known, they are statistically very rare. The Fallout/Elder Scrolls games usually have less bugs and are far more stable than the average AAA games of the past 15 years. (and yet have about 100-1000x the content) Also, Bethesda has always been totally awesome about patching bugs promptly. (at least ones that can be patched)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Make games that are actually worth $60?

Make games that are actually worth $60?

+1

Damn, another person stretching the screen....

PUT IMAGES WIDER THAN 800px INSIDE SPOILER TAGS!!!

Uh, yea. Don't give yourself an aneurysm, now...

Actually, unmodded skyrim has given me no significant bugs apart from the death by 'giants launching you into space', and New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

As for the bugs that are known, they are statistically very rare. The Fallout/Elder Scrolls games usually have less bugs and are far more stable than the average AAA games of the past 15 years. (and yet have about 100-1000x the content) Also, Bethesda has always been totally awesome about patching bugs promptly. (at least ones that can be patched)

The games are notoriously buggy. No idea what you've been playing.

The point, though, was that just one playtester would have spotted the issues in both game's intro on the PC release. The intro. Not, like, somewhere into the game, or in a specific quest or something, but in the forced, lengthy intro at the very beginning of the game.

Uh, yea. Don't give yourself an aneurysm, now...

I made it visible enough for everyone to see it, and emphasized it... How would doing that in text cause me an aneurysm?

The games are notoriously buggy. No idea what you've been playing.

I've been playing every bethesda game since Morrowind, and Skyrim was the first to not give ME any problems without mods. I never said anything else, or implied anything else.

The point, though, was that just one playtester would have spotted the issues in both game's intro on the PC release. The intro. Not, like, somewhere into the game, or in a specific quest or something, but in the forced, lengthy intro at the very beginning of the game.

Only if they had a hardware/software setup that would generate those problems... Bethesda just can't afford to build 30,000 of the most popular combinations of systems and test their games on them, and even if they could, it still wouldn't prevent bugs in the other 30,000,000 system combinations the game would be played on.

You seem to be harboring a lot of hatred towards Bethesda... It may help you in the long run to let go of that anger.

I've been playing every bethesda game since Morrowind, and Skyrim was the first to not give ME any problems without mods. I never said anything else, or implied anything else.

Not quite.

"As for the bugs that are known, they are statistically very rare." implies more than just "i didn't have issues".

Only if they had a hardware/software setup that would generate those problems... Bethesda just can't afford to build 30,000 of the most popular combinations of systems and test their games on them, and even if they could, it still wouldn't prevent bugs in the other 30,000,000 system combinations the game would be played on.

There's a difference between an issue on "some PCs" and an issue with the game. Characters spawning without half their body, like AC Unity, yea, you can put that down to "some PCs".

The intro bugs, on the other hand, affected everyone running it higher than 360/PS3's locked 30 FPS. So just about everyone who played the game on PC ran into it, and their "fix" was to aggressively force vsync. Just one playtester on a realistically fast machine would have easily spotted that (it'd have been hard not to). Same with the "examine items" key not being mapped on PC, which also somehow took them weeks to fix. This wouldn't have been such a problem if one of the first story quests didn't require that you examine an item...

You seem to be harboring a lot of hatred towards Bethesda... It may help you in the long run to let go of that anger.

"I've been playing every bethesda game since Morrowind, and Skyrim wasn't the first to give me huge problems without mods. I never said anything else, or implied anything else."