Motion Capture for Future CP Episodes?

Sign in to follow this  

Thats actually quite awesome. The engineers at Microsoft are either kicking themselves or giggling whimsically... those sneaky bastards...

The Kinect is definitely on my radar for mocap, though used in practice you wouldn't just record yourself in Gmod. You would do it right and use the Kinect to mocap directly into Blender or XSI. Then edit the animations and tie them to their model. The Kinect is really just replacing the sexy green spandex suit and the 3 or 4 REALLY expensive cameras. The BIG appealis that it retails at 150 Bux.

This Is A signature That is Working.

The Kinect is definitely on my radar for mocap, though used in practice you wouldn't just record yourself in Gmod. You would do it right and use the Kinect to mocap directly into Blender or XSI. Then edit the animations and tie them to their model. The Kinect is really just replacing the sexy green spandex suit and the 3 or 4 REALLY expensive cameras. The BIG appealis that it retails at 150 Bux.

Yup.

If they can find a way to combine the inputs from a Kinect, and that mind reading thing they came up with a while ago, they could start making it an actual controller system for most games...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

While the MoCap would assist in the making of an episode, it would only be able to make rough animation which would require a lot of cleanup afterwards, and the conversion of the skeleton constructed in Garry's Mod to the animation rig compatible for Source engine animation would be legendarily complicated, I imagine.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Thats actually quite awesome. The engineers at Microsoft are either kicking themselves or giggling whimsically...

Almost certainly both.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."