Sexuality.

Well, of course it's natural to be in love. It's nature's way to get us to jump on each other and procreate. Of course it's a nice feeling and all, but when at the end of the day it's one of our main incentives for sex; and we have made a huge (and incredibly flawed) social construct out of it.

And why should nature require us to procreate? Because without new births and death evolution would make neither sense nor work.

Best!

I've never once regretted being a nasty, greedy, cold-hearted, avaricious money-grubber... conservative.

Well, of course it's natural to be in love. It's nature's way to get us to jump on each other and procreate. Of course it's a nice feeling and all, but when at the end of the day it's one of our main incentives for sex; and we have made a huge (and incredibly flawed) social construct out of it.

And why should nature require us to procreate? Because without new births and death evolution would make neither sense nor work.

Best!

Are you sure that's 'nature's' way? The way I'm seeing it, nature's way of getting us to jump on each other and procreate is just pure lust and desire to have sex. The whole 'falling in love' thing then, would have been created FROM a social construct about it and it'd really just be a feeling spawned from that. If you follow evolution, for example, and believe all humans were prehistoric gorilla people at some point, there would be no concept of love. Just lust and the desire to engage in sex. This also applies to animals.

I'm probably just nitpicking a minor point that you probably thought was blatantly implied, anyway, though. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

You're totally right, a big part of causing us to have sex with each other is our sexual drive. But that's not all: when we're talking about love we shouldn't forget that it is pheromones who give you the feeling of being attracted to somebody. And I think this attraction is the basis for love. Although, of course, the way most people understand nowadays means a social construct built upon this attraction. And from that point on - as with all social constructs - it gets really complex.

Best,

Simon

I've never once regretted being a nasty, greedy, cold-hearted, avaricious money-grubber... conservative.

I think it's natural to be in love.

Yes, also, being in love means a lot different things. I could love a guy, adore him, but not kissing him or having sex with him. Having sex with a person that has the same gender as you is desgusting.

But it's only my opinion. No offence.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yes, also, being in love means a lot different things. I could love a guy, adore him, but not kissing him or having sex with him. Having sex with a person that has the same gender as you is desgusting.

I could think of worse things going on in the world though than people of the same gender going at it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I could think of worse things going on in the world though than people of the same gender going at it.

Kids? Animals? Corpse?

Rape, murder, war, pollution, abuse.

and having a sex with the same gender, yes.

I dunno, I think at least lesbians are pretty hot.

Hmm, i wholeheartedly disagree. people can't help whom they're attracted to, nor should they even try. the last thing i would put same-sex couples in a list with is that of something as horrible as rape or murder. they're both extremely traumatic and one party didn't have a choice in the matter. war, in a way, maybe; there's arguments, fights, people could even end up dead, but both sides know what they're getting into. same could be said for any sort of couple. Pollution, in other words contamination; people can be very easily contaminated/polluted/corrupted by their other. it also goes without saying that everyone can be in an abusive relationship. my point, Gay/straight/whatever all go through the same shit. they're not any different than you or I, just they're choice in companionship, and the trials they bare for having the right to enjoy that is differing from yours or mine.

people will always fear, and unfortunately come to hate that which they don't understand.

Hmm, i wholeheartedly disagree. people can't help whom they're attracted to, nor should they even try. the last thing i would put same-sex couples in a list with is that of something as horrible as rape or murder. they're both extremely traumatic and one party didn't have a choice in the matter. war, in a way, maybe; there's arguments, fights, people could even end up dead, but both sides know what they're getting into. same could be said for any sort of couple. Pollution, in other words contamination; people can be very easily contaminated/polluted/corrupted by their other. it also goes without saying that everyone can be in an abusive relationship. my point, Gay/straight/whatever all go through the same shit. they're not any different than you or I, just they're choice in companionship, and the trials they bare for having the right to enjoy that is differing from yours or mine.

people will always fear, and unfortunately come to hate that which they don't understand.

Well said, and why let whatever gender someone's attracted to get in the way of who they are?

Don't forget your umbrella!

Only the last of those doesn't injure anybody in any way.

And if that really disgusts you to the point that you can't take thinking of it... Sorry, you're just weak.

Pooping. Now THAT is gross. Try not doing it ever.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Kids? Animals? Corpse?

I do have a question about this, though. Are you saying you actively dislike children, animals, and corpses? Because I hate to tell ya, but the world would be fucking screwed without those. Kids to continue the population. Animals for food, pets, and various other necessary things, and corpses because if everyone never died and left a corpse the world would overpopulate. Unless you just don't like the act of leaving a corpse, in which case...I don't know, just what was he trying to convey with that sentence?

Same here.

Regarding sex, I'm fine with anything as long as it is between consensual adults of the same species.

Fixed for you.

Also, I wouldn't say species. If ever hot alien women come to being, you can be damned sure I'll support that. XD

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.