Sexuality.

Christians will never change their view

This is a gross generalization that targets a radical minority. It's not like Christians, as a whole, are fanatic bible thumpers who will persecute anyone who is different than them. Personally, I think the use of religion as an argument against same sex marriage is ridiculous; religion isn't as relevant today as it used to be. The argument, in my opinion, should be left to the difference between political ideals rather than religious.

True, not all Christians are like that, but a lot of them seem to be, there are some Christians I get along with.

True, not all Christians are like that, but a lot of them seem to be, there are some Christians I get along with.

The radical minority, while small in population, also happens to be the loudest. Not only do their make a name for themselves, but the media stokes the fires as well. Who wants to talk about your run of the mill church goer? That's not a good dinner conversation, but that crazy priest who tried to start a book burning at the mosque? Delicious gossip. Oh, those crazy Christians.

The radical minority, while small in population, also happens to be the loudest. Not only do their make a name for themselves, but the media stokes the fires as well. Who wants to talk about your run of the mill church goer? That's not a good dinner conversation, but that crazy priest who tried to start a book burning at the mosque? Delicious gossip. Oh, those crazy Christians.

I agree.

I knew a bunch of girls who claimed to be bisexual but it really looked like they were just doing it to get attention. Never really thought that someone can go both ways, for some reason the concept is still somewhat difficult to grasp, I don't know why :S

Again I don't want to insult, it's just my personal opinion.

I actually knew some guys who did that once. And it worked.

Anyways, what I remember having read was an article saying that everyone is, to some degree, bisexual. Unfortunately I don't remember the source; I'll go research it and get back to this. I'm not sure whether or not I believe that myself, because I believe that there is, to some extent, some choice involved for sexuality.

Christians will never change their view, but that does not take away peoples rights, I mean, the KKK hates black people, and since they have rights is that bullying them?

i don't think so, in fact, in my school, im one of the few people that aren't religious catholics, but most of us approve homosexual marriage, despite our religion.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Non-fundamentalist religion is a funny thing.

Most religious people, we'll take Christians for populist sake, are not fundamentalist. We'll define fundamentalist as believing in and acting according to their religious text in its entirety. My Christian friends are tolerant of people who believe in other gods, other prophets, are accepting of gay men and women, etc. According to the bible, none of these people should be accepted. Fundamentalists, like the Westboro Baptist Church, do not. My Christian friends, however, absolutely must be wrong in their religious beliefs. They are less likely to believe in an accurate depiction of Yahweh than their Westboro scum counterparts.

Take the Mona Lisa. The person who has the Mona Lisa is like a fundamentalist. Lets say that Henry does not like Mona's nose, and so he makes a copy of the Mona Lisa and erases the nose. Henry does not have an accurate depiction of the Mona Lisa anymore, his is false. Henry is not a fundamentalist, he is the average Christian. (The nose is like the parts in the bible that says no woman shall teach, or hold position over a man.)

Now, it is possible that the real woman, Mona Lisa, did not have a nose. However, long ago Leonardo Di Vinci did see Mona Lisa, and painted her. The original Mona Lisa painting is the most likely to accurately depict the original being. There is the 1/999999999 chance that Leonardo painted a noseless Mona Lisa with a nose, but c'mon, bro. C'mon.

Anyone but fundamentalists are incorrect. They must be. You could come up with your own random deity and it would have the same chance of being a purely accurate depiction of the original. My Christian friends believe what they want to believe. They believe what is comfortable. For this, they must be wrong.

(That said, fundamentalist Christianity is shit.)

I have nothing against people who are homosexuality, heterosexuality, bisexuality. Here in Sydney Australian once a year we have a massive party called the Mardi Gras.

The Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras is an annual gay pride parade and festival for the LGBT community in Sydney, Australia, and is the largest such event in the world. The parade features individual entrants in colorful costumes, gatherings of local and inter-state community group members, and elaborate floats representating a topical theme or political message.

I'm Catholic, and here's what the stance is from the church. Marriage is between 1 man, and 1 woman. Sex outside of marriage is sin. So having sex with someone of the same sex is sin. Other than that, having an interest in the same sex, love, sexual interest, etc, it's all perfectly fine, just not the actual sex part.

So kiss away, rub away, just don't be getting busy with the same sex.

It's people like you who make me get closer and closer to taking that gun to my head and pulling the fucking trigger. And don't be so fucking bossy, we don't have to listen to you.

than dont its a forum, hes only sharing his idles on the subject, dose not mean its what you have to do.

I'm straight, and my religious affiliation is... kind of complicated, and varies depending on my mood.

My best friend - and by "best friend" I mean "would leave my life behind, pick up my sword and follow, no questions asked if she called for help" is a bisexual woman - who I used to have a crush on.

While I am usually what most people would consider "Conservative," this really only applies to economics and security, not to social issues. I reject the validity of "scriptures" as at best inadequate descriptions of the desires of whatever God exists. Personally, I do not believe that the Shaper and Maintainer of All the Universes has the time or inclination to care much what two (or more) consenting grownups do in their bedrooms.

That leaves me with economics. Is there any way in which homosexuality or any other alternative sexuality picks my pocket? Not so far as I've been able to determine.

I did have a guy friend come out to me once. The conversation went like this...

Friend (kinda blurted out) : "I'm gay."

Me: "Uh-huh."

Friend: "... well?"

Me: "Well, what?"

Friend: "Don't you have anything to say?"

Me:: "um... are you interested in me?

Friend: "...what? No. No. NO!!!"

Me: "So what do I care if.... wait... WHY NOT? What's WRONG with ME???"

**Cue both of us laughing**

Sorry but i gotta say i had the same experience but it was a live long friend and he sorta said he liked me -.- cue awkward silence................................ but few hours later were throwing a foot ball around =)

To be honest I find same-sex marriages to be bullying christianity, I could go into how childish and illogical I feel religion/superstition is but that is not the topic. The ideals of marriage, which as far as I know was invented on the grounds of religion, only include one man and one woman in a marriage/relationship. Why not create a new concept or event of chaining people in love together that doesn't have to involve any religion or churches? Start with a new and empty canvas instead of trying to change a complex painting, the world view of radical religious folk is probably not going to change much for the next hundreds of years much like the hundreds of years already behind us.

Christians will never change their view, but that does not take away peoples rights, I mean, the KKK hates black people, and since they have rights is that bullying them?

why are you even comparing the kkk to a religion!?! and no its not the same thing at all! the bible says its a great sin for a man to lay with another man. hence Christan's its agenst same sex marriage.. The KKK hate black people black people for stupid ignorant reasons, in what mind set made you think they were the same?????

To be honest I find same-sex marriages to be bullying christianity, I could go into how childish and illogical I feel religion/superstition is but that is not the topic. The ideals of marriage, which as far as I know was invented on the grounds of religion, only include one man and one woman in a marriage/relationship. Why not create a new concept or event of chaining people in love together that doesn't have to involve any religion or churches? Start with a new and empty canvas instead of trying to change a complex painting, the world view of radical religious folk is probably not going to change much for the next hundreds of years much like the hundreds of years already behind us.

why are you even comparing the kkk to a religion!?! and no its not the same thing at all! the bible says its a great sin for a man to lay with another man. hence Christan's its agenst same sex marriage.. The KKK hate black people black people for stupid ignorant reasons, in what mind set made you think they were the same?????

They both hate for ignorant reasons.

The KKK is essentially Christianity in its fundamentalist form, plus a spice of southern nationalism. Although historically it is known for beginning as a lynching organization, its roots are without doubt in fundamentalist Christianity. Black people are looked down upon in the bible. I do recall one story where there is some shit going on and Noah is naked, some guy sees him, covers him up, and Noah curses somebody, and their skin turns dark. Many fundies then believed that black men and women descended from this evil, dark skinned being, and are thus prime for slavery (which, itself, is practically encouraged by biblical texts)

I'm straight.I dont care about homosexual or other.I dont hate them and i dont like them.And i dont believe in god.For me, God is something that the church invented to attract people on its side.

The KKK is essentially Christianity in its fundamentalist form, plus a spice of southern nationalism. Although historically it is known for beginning as a lynching organization, its roots are without doubt in fundamentalist Christianity. Black people are looked down upon in the bible. I do recall one story where there is some shit going on and Noah is naked, some guy sees him, covers him up, and Noah curses somebody, and their skin turns dark. Many fundies then believed that black men and women descended from this evil, dark skinned being, and are thus prime for slavery (which, itself, is practically encouraged by biblical texts)

True.

I personally think everyone should be themselves. Nobody is perfect, we are born to sin in my opinion. As long as we work for peace and understanding of each other, that's all I care about.

If people where smart enough to figure that out, we wouldn't have at least 80% of the problems we have today.

The ideals of marriage, which as far as I know was invented on the grounds of religion, only include one man and one woman in a marriage/relationship.

Actually, my research on the topic seems to show that that's not true. Or is selectively true, depending on culture.

Marriage used to be a lot more about property rights (especially back when wives were considered property of the husband) than about love or religion. Nothing but mutual consent was required in Ancient Greece. In the early Christian era, marriage was thought of as primarily a private matter, with no uniform religious or other ceremony being required. It is believed that same-sex unions were celebrated in Ancient Greece and Rome, some regions of China, and at certain times in ancient European history.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.