General American Politics Thread

So Ted Cruz just dropped out. The Donald is going to be the GOP nominee now, and that looks to be one hell of a situation we're going to have on our hands come November.

So Ted Cruz just dropped out. The Donald is going to be the GOP nominee now, and that looks to be one hell of a situation we're going to have on our hands come November.

Hey, now wait, no, Kasich is still running.

So there's still, like, you know, kinda some sorta hope like thing, right?

Right?

And hey, if Trump gets elected, I could always go work on my doctorate in Australia. So that's always an option.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Looks like it's going to be a Trump-Clinton contest.

I guess the question now is: Do you want business as usual, or do you want to see something crazy?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I guess the question now is: Do you want business as usual, or do you want to see something crazy?

Crazy beats status quo any day... It'll either shock people into action, or fix the massive problems we already have.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Crazy beats status quo any day... It'll either shock people into action, or fix the massive problems we already have.

Of course if we really want a shitstorm we can bring out the CLASS CONSCIOUS WORKERS into FULL REVOLUTION.

Trump is the new president elect.

it sure is a fantastic time to not live in america

Dg9jHTYZ-6U

And now is the appropriate time to listen to this - especially the bit at the end...

Regards

^That and The Wall too.

Also, I don't normally do this, and no offense to anyone, but a big middle finger and a fuck you to Trump for calling my country a terrorist nation.

Welp, now what?

^That and The Wall too.

I think this was probably the most frustrating part of the election for me, overall.

Where the hell were The Wall references? The joke practically writes itself!

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Don't care, just glad it's over. Then we get to do it all over again in four years and it'll probably be worse, hooray.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I've been putting off watching the news, but I Just saw the results. I kind of feel like I'm living in a terrifying alternate universe where the human race won't survive the 21st century. Centuries from now, when our far more advanced parallel planar neighbours master dimension-skipping technology, they'll come across the melancholy wreckage of our civilization and shudder.

P.S. Forgive my dramatic flourishes, I'm just rather anxious about being in a "special relationship" with America right now.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Well this is the fourth time in US history that the candidate with most votes from the people lost because of the electoral college. Can't say I'm surprised.

7wC42HgLA4k

zcZTTB10_Vo

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

At least Hillary didn't win.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

28,584,625 for all Republican candidates. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

27,834,835 for all Democrat candidates. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/democratic_vote_count.html

Make sense to me that Trump should be in instead of Clinton.

Votes for all candidates of a party don't validate the outcomes. In fact, those 2 links show Hillary had over 2 million more than Trump. Even the popular vote count at the time of posting this(according to the "election" google search) puts Hillary at almost 300k more.

I'm not happy with the outcome and even if it was the reverse I'd still not be happy. These 2 candidates are unqualified imo and adding electoral college bullshit on top of everything really drives the frustration that much farther.

Voting sure does feel useless now.

Retired Forum Moderator

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.