General American Politics Thread

6 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

I thought that was corporate mono/oligopolies and corruption, not radicalism...

Nothing wrong with that

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

WatchMojo's Top 10 Anime Betrayals

1609367368493.png

Trump grilled Biden on "peace and security" and let this garbage happen?

At the same time, this is peak america. 

2 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

What do you mean? He didn't "let" it happen, this is nationalist conservatism working as intended.

4 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Trump isn't a dictator, no matter what the media tries to tell you. He can't control any of this.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

36 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Trump isn't a dictator, no matter what the media tries to tell you. He can't control any of this.

The keyword being "can't". He's not a dictator, he just failed. 

4 hours ago, Eshanas said:

01/06/2021:

Attempted Self Coup in the United States of America (failed).

There was no coup, only incompetence

20 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

He literally is and can. This was all intended. It was planned. There are tweets and posts saying this was going to happen on December 6th. They made merch for it. They did it on purpose.

59 minutes ago, Shaddy said:

He literally is and can. This was all intended. It was planned. There are tweets and posts saying this was going to happen on December 6th. They made merch for it. They did it on purpose.

He is not a dictator, he's a half baked populist. The only way he can become dictator is if he dismantles the 3 branches of government and makes himself the sole authority.

That's kind of like saying a person is only "murderous" after they've already succeeded at murdering someone.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy said:

That's kind of like saying a person is only "murderous" after they've already succeeded at murdering someone.

Well technically they are not a murderer until they kill someone. You can make a case for "aspiring dictator", but I personally don't think it went that far.

You're only looking at dictator as an active role rather than a personal quality, though. Second wikipedia definition says a dictator can be a person behaving in an autocratic manner, which totally does fit. He certainly acts and believes like he deserves ultimate power, whether he has it or not. I think you know I'm not literally claiming he has 100% authority over all persons in the government. I'm not sure I've seen anyone claim that, other than the man himself.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.