General American Politics Thread

Wait, isn't over shorting stocks just as bad as stock running?

Burn the World!

16 minutes ago, kerdios said:

Wait, isn't over shorting stocks just as bad as stock running?

Yes, if you're referring to Front Running.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

24 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Yes, if you're referring to Front Running.

now it's also on phil d franco

TBH , I've never heard of Robinhood(app) before.

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

You know how they say that the fall of the soviet union marked the end of history?
Maybe Trump leaving ushered in the era of post-politics

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

"You’d a bigot then because" @Maroko this is implying someone is a bigot, I'm not getting into semantics with you. You're on thin ice. Anyone that gets into name calling is getting points or a temp-ban. Attack the idea, not the person.

11 hours ago, Maroko said:

Gosh, I remember when they had a page denouncing the ridiculous conspiracy that was the Jewish over-representation in Hollywood until the very Times of Israel admitted as much.

This is why people associate your words with antisemitism and other disreputable ideologies. The article you linked isn't a masterpiece of investigative journalism unveiling a sinister conspiracy, it's an entertainment piece. The only person mentioned in it who says even one word about Israel is the one who's actually Israeli. People wouldn't normally see the information in a silly article like this as proof of some deliberate evil zionist scheme unless they already possessed an inherent aversion and mistrust towards Jewish (or Ashkenazi, whatever, that makes it no better) people in general. The target of your ire is the Israeli government: criticize the Israeli government, don't criticize a group of people whose sole common characteristic is that their ancestors happened to congregate in the southern Levant area two-thousand years ago.

That’s cool for you I guess. I don’t want to find a man-that-identifies-as-woman in my bathroom, be it for myself or for my nieces, thank you very much.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Also, let me just laugh again at that Wiki reasoning: “It is transgender people who are likely to be harassed in bathrooms by cisgender people, not the other way around. In one survey, 70 percent of the transgender respondents had faced discrimination when attempting to use a restroom of their gender identity.” Good God, priceless.

Some lovely sense of humour you've got:

In one survey, 70 percent of the transgender respondents had faced discrimination when attempting to use a restroom of their gender identity, including "denial of access to facilities, verbal harassment, and physical assault." An example of such harassment occurred in 2018, when California Republican Congressional candidate Jazmina Saavedra said she heard the "voice of a man" from a locked stall in the women's restroom of a fast-food restaurant in Los Angeles and filmed herself chasing the person out of the restaurant with assistance from the restaurant manager. In the video, Saavedra said she was prepared to use pepper spray and a stungun against the transgender woman. This kind of tactic can result in public outing of a transgender person's current or former gender identity.

One survey of transgender populations conducted in Washington, DC, by the group DC Trans Coalition, "found that 70 percent of survey respondents report experiencing verbal harassment, assault, and being denied access to public toilets." It also found that "54 percent of all respondents reported having some sort of physical problem from trying to avoid using public toilets, such as dehydration, kidney infections, and urinary tract infections" making access to safe restrooms a public health issue.

On February 23, 2020, a restaurant patron in Toa Baja, Puerto Rico made a police report that a transgender woman had entered the women's bathroom. Police arrived at the restaurant and spoke to the transgender woman. Someone filmed the police interaction and posted the video to social media. Later that day, the transgender woman—Alexa Negrón Luciano, also known as Neulisa Luciano Ruiz—was murdered.

7 hours ago, Maroko said:

Lol that was in relation to Wikipedia calling everything a far-right conspiracy despite always being an obvious fact since day 1 or is the Jewish Learning Institute also antishemitshtish? It’s not particularly connected to the Zionist geopolitics I was talking about, although they're certainly trying their best, with palpable self-serving patterns. And being a tongue in cheek article or not doesn’t take from the fact that math works; or as the peak oy gevalt main man himself said:

many_not_all.jpg.1ec11869c15a9ca954fd262eefd33492.jpg

It's impossible for there to be sprawling Jewish conspiracy without it collapsing under the enormous weight of its own entropy.

However, if birds of a feather all congregate to one place, it's inevitable that some dick stroking takes place (smaller, individual conspiracies). The Boy Who Cried wolf isn't a Jewish phenomenon, it's part of the human condition. Some Jews might cry antisemitism to deflect criticisms, but the tactic in its purest sense isn't unique to them. For example, senator McCarthy might call a political opponent a communist, or a sociopathic woman may conjure up a domestic abuse scandal to ruin her ex-lover's life.  Malevolence comes in all forms, from everywhere. 

Edited by Im_IRS (see edit history)

On 2/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, Maroko said:

Yes, truly inconceivable that someone would want to make a movie about one of the most destructive and traumatic events of the twentieth century if there weren't some ulterior zionist agenda at play. How dare people see importance in the continued awareness of the Holocaust at a time when 23% of Americans between 18 and 39 years old believes it to be a myth or to have been exaggerated and 12% has never heard of it. Being informed and reminded of the ultimate consequence of demonizing a group of people for the nature of their birth or some other arbitrary trait over which they have no control definitely only serves da juice and not other minority groups and ultimately humanity in general.

Thanks. That less-than-1% populace created the problem by identifying themselves as something which they aren't in every fiber of their body (says all their 30 trillion cells).

Blaming the victim, how classy. Transgender people didn't "create" anything; it's not just because it seemed like a thing to do that all throughout recorded history and across widely different cultures people have made the decision to present as a gender other than what they are assigned at birth and in many cases face massive social stigma as a result, but because for those people it is an absolutely necessary step in their path to happiness and a sense of belonging. I would rather die than live an entire lifetime inside the body and gender role that fate handed me at birth; I never asked for this and truly wish I didn't need to carry that burden but I didn't get to make that choice so I'm just gonna have to make the best of it and try not give a damn what other people may think of it. Your disgust towards people whose appearance you find aberrant is not more important than the right of those people to exist as equals in society.

But I like how every Trans meme says republicans-this republicans-that with how confident they are that centrists will simply accept the loudest voice no questions asked lol

Trans memes in the United States complain about Republicans a lot because they are the ones in that country who consistently seek to stymie and roll back equal rights for trans people; it makes no sense to draw it any broader than that. If your aim is to intimidate or demotivate me with that sentence then that's going to be rather lost on me seeing as how I myself am fortunate enough to live in a country where trans rights are not a hotly contested topic of political debate at all, virtually no politician would publicly speak out against trans rights and the few fringe figures who do are strongly criticized all across the political spectrum. It seems like no one here really gives enough of a shit about what trans people do in the bathroom (no pun intended). In fact, right-wing politicians here actually proclaim themselves to be the protectors of the LGBT community against immigrants from the Middle East with a more conservative outlook on those matters. You'd be the real fish out of water over here.

Edited by Mira (see edit history)

Maroko has been banned, again. It should go without saying that Holocaust denial isn't OK. Holocaust denial IS classified as hate-speech. Being critical of events surrounding it is one thing, but this goes over the line.

Guys, I haven't been reading this thread, but I'm getting a lot of reports from it lately.  I made rules back in the mid-2000s and they still apply.  In general, just act like adults and be civil, even if you have disagreements.  Also, I advise treading carefully on topics that are often associated with what the Supreme Court would consider hate speech.  I'm not seeking to censor people, but I don't want that sort of discussion dominating the forums either.  I'll take the blame if that cramps peoples' style.  I don't monitor the forums very much, I'm too busy working on the videos.

I'm sure some people have been causing more trouble than others, but just try to be mature about it if so.  I consider the protagonist from the movie Road House as a great role model for how to conduct yourself.  I suggest people watch this scene:

The movie Road House kicks ass in general.  Really, I recommend everyone just watch Road House.

That is all. 

Ross

32 minutes ago, The Britain said:

Maroko has been banned, again.

I saw Maroko, Ratchet, and Uncle Zeb all sitting under a chestnut tree at a London cafe once. But you put something in the water to make me forget.

Just now, Im_IRS said:

I saw Maroko, Ratchet, and Uncle Zeb all sitting under a chestnut tree at a London cafe once. But you put something in the water to make me forget.

keMEa4G.jpg

Are there any politicians left that  genuinely care about America? Everyone seems to tow the line of one of two ruling suicide cults 

1614344144086.jpg

8 hours ago, Im_IRS said:

Are there any politicians left that  genuinely care about America?

I think there were a few, but the media ignores them so thoroughly that they can't do anything worthwhile.

8 hours ago, Im_IRS said:

Everyone seems to tow the line of one of two ruling suicide cults 

They're not suicide cults, they're political parties. You know, those things that are made exclusively to make rich people richer.

They are suicide cults at the edges. Some radicals have a self destructive approach to generating political opposition.

14 hours ago, Im_IRS said:

They are suicide cults at the edges. Some radicals have a self destructive approach to generating political opposition.

I can't speak for the Republican party but it's very easy for a leftist to throw their hands in the air in a moment of emotional desperation and say 'fuck it, let the opposition win, let them run stuff, show the rest of the country how bad it could really get' - accelerationist BS.

It's self-destructive because the opposition doesn't just rule, it entrenches itself, and politics affects the world every second of a ruling administration as millions of people work together or against each other. That shit ripples. But it's seen as a 'nuclear' option, but thankfully a lot of it is  hot air than anything forming on the ground.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:43 AM, Eshanas said:

I can't speak for the Republican party but it's very easy for a leftist to throw their hands in the air in a moment of emotional desperation and say 'fuck it, let the opposition win, let them run stuff, show the rest of the country how bad it could really get' - accelerationist BS.

It's self-destructive because the opposition doesn't just rule, it entrenches itself, and politics affects the world every second of a ruling administration as millions of people work together or against each other. That shit ripples. But it's seen as a 'nuclear' option, but thankfully a lot of it is  hot air than anything forming on the ground.

Democrats are too defeatist and Republicans are too stubborn

On 3/9/2021 at 12:26 PM, Im_IRS said:

Democrats are too defeatist and Republicans are too stubborn

And everyone else is too anti-something-else.

On 3/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, BTGBullseye said:

And everyone else is too anti-something-else.

Anti aliasing 

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.